• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

1.0.0 Modpack: Optifine, Minimap, IC, CTM, MAtmos! Updated 1/13!

Petator

Glowing Redstone
I've installed the pack a on a few of my friends' computers, both PC and Mac. It looks like different computers might have weird errors. Here are a couple I've noticed and their workarounds and fixes.

-MCPatcher.xml won't load the mods into MCPatcher: you'll have to add them manually using the method I described at the top of page 2

-The game crashes: play around with the number/order of mods you add until you find a load-out that's stable. Just keep in mind that Optifine has to be after modloader, and imp chat comes after rei's. Make sure you have a good backup jar in case something goes horribly wrong.

-MAtmos will install, but won't work ingame: be patient and just play. It'll probably decide to work eventually. I'm not kidding: I had to tangle with this one myself, and MAtmos started working after a comp restart and a few short-ish minecraft sessions.

-Rei's minimap will install, but won't function ingame: put it, followed by imp chat, at the bottom of your load order. You may have to patch in just rei's and modloader, run MC to see if it works, then add progressively more mods.

@_AMPLiFY : Unfortunately, Spoutcraft isn't compatible with Risugami's modloader. Imp chat and rei's minimap are compatible, but the lack of modloader makes it impossible to use more than one mod.

---

I'm working on another update. I'm really disgusted by the swamp coloration, so I'm tinkering with the texture packs (including the default one) to make it less awful.

EDIT:I can't add a poll at this point, so I'll just ask:

I can do a number of things with biome colors that will smooth out swamp coloration:
-Restore plant coloration to 1.8
-Restore water coloration to 1.8 (i.e. constant color)
-Smooth current swamp plant/water into surrounding biomes to make less jagged edges
-Add biome colors to water. Water will react to heat/humidity by changing color like grass does currently.

Which one(s) you would like to see?

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
Actually Spoutcraft is incompatible with Rei's minimap, or I would use it all the time :(

Rei's minimap actually replaces a Spoutcraft class file, so you've already broken something, you just haven't noticed it yet. I recommend using a Spoutcraft addon such as bMiniMap instead. The same applies to other client mods, if there are conflicting classes and you've overwrote one of the ones Spoutcraft uses, you're broke something.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Why would you use Spoutcraft when you can use Optifine though? Spoutcraft just uses Optifine, except that you may get worse FPS than by installing Optifine yourself because there are several different versions of Optifine that you need to choose from based on your computer.

Just get the correct Optifine for your computer, and then install mods to your hearts content =P.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
@Petator Kainzo linked to your thread, I guess you're officially the new modpack guy. -high five-

Aaand by virtue of that, please let Macro/Keybind be confirmed for use in HC proper. please please please.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
^ Okay, give me a few minutes. You may not have the assets in the right place if you just put the .jar in, though. I don't know.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Okay, this has Rei's, Modloader, Optifine, Matmos, Randomobs, Custom Colors, and Keybind/Macro. I don't use HD textures/fonts or CTM. If you really need it I can upload another jar with that but I encourage people to figure it out themselves. :p

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Okay, this has Rei's, Modloader, Optifine, Matmos, Randomobs, Custom Colors, and Keybind/Macro. I don't use HD textures/fonts or CTM. If you really need it I can upload another jar with that but I encourage people to figure it out themselves. :p
To be fair, I tried it a few times, over all about an hour-ish. :p

Petator

Glowing Redstone
Sorry I kinda dropped off the earth, university started back up this week.

Update!
-Includes a swamp biome fix with better transitions and colors
-Updated MAtmos to r9 BETA. This will fix SOME issues, more on that later
-Slight texture pack fixes
-Hopeful fix to MCPatcher loadout not pre-loading
-Includes 'bin' folder, so is now completely ready out of the box!
MCPatcher still included for easy customization and adding new mods/loadouts
-Basic option for those who would rather drag, drop, and play:
Includes everything but CTM and MAtmos!

Making your Texture Pack compatible with my Swamp Biome Color Fix:
1) open your modpack with winRAR or 7z or similar
2) navigate to 'misc/'
3) copy 'foliagecolor.png' and 'grasscolor.png' and rename the copies to 'swampfoliagecolor.png' and 'swampgrasscolor.png', respectively

New workaround for MAtmos's issues! @Thunderjolt
1) Ingame, press f7. It will probably warn you that some MAtmos packages aren't loaded.
2) Exit MC. Remove a package from '.minecraft/matmos_expansions_r7'. I recommend "extras".
3) Repeat until matmos can toggle on/of (using f7) w/o crashing MC.
NOTE: This is a known issue. It will probably be fixed by the full release of r9.