• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

1.0.0 Modpack: Optifine, Minimap, IC, CTM, MAtmos! Updated 1/13!

Petator

Glowing Redstone
This modpack includes a ton of mods that I think really improve online Minecraft play. The included patcher allows you to select and install only the mods you want, and makes switching between sets of mods much easier. I also tossed in a set of customized Dokucraft texture packs.

Enjoy! ;)

UPDATED 1/13!
-Includes a fix for Swamp Biome colors, with better transitions and colors.
-Updated MAtmos to version r9 BETA. This will fix SOME but not all issues people have been having.
-Small fixes in the texture packs
-Hopeful fix for MCPatcher not pre-loading loadout.
-Now includes bin folder and is ready out of the box!
-Basic option for those who would rather drag, drop, and play:
Includes everything but CTM and MAtmos!

Everything in the advanced version is run from MC Patcher, so you can pick and choose whatever you want from this list:
-ModLoader
-Optifine
-Rei's Minimap
-Improved Chat (the unofficial update I'm using is here)
-Connected Textures Mod (better looking glass and bookshelves)
-MAtmos (extra sound effects)
-Macro/Keybind Mod (Easier and more functional macros and binds)
-Swamp Color Fix: restores swamp foliage and grass to their 1.8 colors, and swamp water has smoothed transitions.

The basic version is just a .jar. Drop it in your '.minecraft/bin' folder and you're ready to play!

Download (Advanced)

Download (Basic)

Even the advanced version is completely ready to play after dragging and dropping into a (preferably empty) .minecraft directory. Since the .jars are included now, MCPatcher is mostly included for easy customization and installing new mods.

Detailed instructions in the readme!

If installing all of the mods, you've done it correctly if the following message pops up when patching:
Conflicts detected between the following mods:
[1.0.0]ModLoader
[1.0.0]OptiFine_1.0.0_HD_S_D3
acr.class
Only the files from [1.0.0]OptiFine_1.0.0_HD_S_D3 will be used.

[1.0.0]ReiMinimap_v2.9
[1.0.0][unofficial]ImprovedChat_v2.4.8_U3
qd.class
Only the files from [1.0.0][unofficial]ImprovedChat_v2.4.8_U3 will be used.

Making your Texture Pack compatible with my Swamp Biome Color Fix:
1) open your modpack with winRAR or 7z or similar
2) navigate to 'misc/'
3) copy 'foliagecolor.png' and 'grasscolor.png' and rename the copies to 'swampfoliagecolor.png' and 'swampgrasscolor.png', respectively

New workaround for MAtmos's issues!
1) Ingame, press f7. It will probably warn you that some MAtmos packages aren't loaded.
2) Exit MC. Remove a package from '.minecraft/matmos_expansions_r7'. I recommend "extras".
3) Repeat until matmos can toggle on/of (using f7) w/o crashing MC.
NOTE: This is a known issue. It will probably be fixed by the full release of r9.

DO NOT mess with the load order in MC Patcher. You will probably crash if you do. The load order on your first run of the patcher should be the order I posted the links above. It's really important that Modloader comes before Optifine, and Rei's comes before IC.

ALSO: make sure to leave HD Textures and HD Fonts unchecked when using optifine; they're already included in optifine. The Multiverse will probably implode from the double high-def.

About the textures: these are mostly from the Dokucraft - The Saga Continues customizer, but I altered a few textures and added a smooth stone based off of the Johnsmith pack and a brick from Glimmar's Steampunk.

Texture Pack Screens:
Light:
2uqbxmr.png
10ddx7m.png

Dark:
jv54sm.png
a9vjvl.png

High:
30lcuc4.png
2nq5g8x.png

I did not create anything (aside from a few edited textures) included in this pack. I merely did some packaging, so questions regarding the mods themselves should probably be taken to the appropriate discussion threads I linked. Credit for the water gradient in my swamp color fix goes to Misa's Texture Pack.

EDIT: I fully intend for this to work as a stopgap measure until Neo_Exdeath posts a new modpack. Keep checking, as I'm sure his will be a lot better assembled.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
Hi; this looks amazing! :O

Can I suggest that you add this mod as well; as I being the Nab I am, am having trouble getting it to work D:

It is a great mod, and while it overlaps a little with Imp Chat, I find it to be much more effective! Thanks!

TurtleSick

Glowing Redstone
It doesnt work for me and I dont really understand how it works with that MCpatcher ?
I get a black screen when I enter the server or Single player?

I get this error woth MCpatcher:
[1.0.0]ModLoader
[1.0.0]OptiFine_1.0.0_HD_S_D3
acr.class
Only the files from [1.0.0]OptiFine_1.0.0_HD_S_D3 will be used.

[1.0.0][unofficial]ImprovedChat_v2.4.8_U3
[1.0.0]ReiMinimap_v2.9
qd.class
Only the files from [1.0.0]ReiMinimap_v2.9 will be used.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Blank I ran into a few conflicts, but they work as long as you install them in the correct order. I couldn't get the auto installer stuff to work so I did it by hand since all the mods were included, and had a conflict with most every mod. However the order I did it in allowed them all to work fine despite the overwritten files.

1. Reis Minimap
2. Modloader
3. Optifine
4. Matmos
5. unofficial ctm
6. imp chat

Although I just realized I forgot to HD patch, damnit. Gonna go do that, although I am pretty sure HD patching needs to be done before installing any other mods D=.

EDIT: Never mind, the HD patch is included with optifine. Forgot about that =P.

Petator

Glowing Redstone
@KrunknMunky : That mod looks interesting! I'll look into it.

@TurtleSick : that was the compatibility warning I was talking about. MC Patcher is saying that there may be issues due to shared class files in those mods, but I set up the load order so that it will use the class files from the compatible ones.

TL;DR - hit 'yes'. It will work. If not, then do the following:

Get a 100% clean 1.0.0 .minecraft folder, and dump the .zip to it. Merge and replace files as necessary. Run MC Patcher, hit 'Patch', then 'yes'.

@whitemagehealu : Yeah, including optifine makes MC Patcher's original purpose obsolete. I'm using it as a pick-and-choose modding API so I don't have to post separate downloads. If people choose not to use optifine, however, the patcher will still let them add in HD textures.

@Blank1268 : That's where I got the IC from. Adding that link to the OP.

@GreekCrackShot : I'm not sure if it works for mac. If you can get MC Patcher for mac, then it might; the one I included is an exe. The mod .zips are in mods/1.0.0 if you want to add them in manually.

Petator

Glowing Redstone
Updated!

I updated MC Patcher and included a .jar version for linux/mac users.

I also checked out krunkn's suggestion. It's a really solid mod, so I added it to the list. Props to him for finding it!

The readme is a bit better put together as well, with more comprehensive instructions and troubleshooting info.

Blank1268

Coal
Sorry I wasn't aware that minimap was banned, I will remove it ASAP. I was wondering along those lines, would enhanced water get you banned? The reason being it's completely clear and might give easier insight into whats under it if the mod was installed. Thanks !
-Blank

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
So things like Rei's and ImpChat should show up within MCpatcher? If that's the case I'm not seeing it, and post-patch the mods don't show up at all.