• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Zolaria.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
It's a new over-the-counter drug that players take to get them addicted to HeroCraft.

Side effects include drowsiness, raging, the inability to use mem.es, occasional lag spikes, and turning into mom.

Last edited:

BrusLi44

Legacy Supporter 4
waat

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
We're working on coming up with a name for the Herocraft 'world' (an example is Azeroth is the name of the World of Warcraft world). Zolaria is the current working name; I need to lore it up and/or come up with the final version.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
What, "Bastion" isn't name enough?
Bastion is the name of the particular map. The best example I can give from my own knowledge is Guild Wars. The World is called "Tyria" with the sub-zones Ascalon, Kryta, Maguuma, etc. So for Herocraft the working title of Zolaria would be the world, with Sanctum, Zeal, Bastion, etc as the sub-zones.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Bastion is the name of the particular map. The best example I can give from my own knowledge is Guild Wars. The World is called "Tyria" with the sub-zones Ascalon, Kryta, Maguuma, etc. So for Herocraft the working title of Zolaria would be the world, with Sanctum, Zeal, Bastion, etc as the sub-zones.
World name vs. Country name, basically, right?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Mmk, in that case the name makes sense. I just have to say this.
"Together, we'll destroy Basion, and upon its ruins I will build Zolaria! The ultimate city, where I will rule it all!"
(Sonic Adventure quote as I'd imagine @Kainzo saying it. I realize the lore would have Bastion as IN Zolaria, but then I wouldn't be able to make the joke)

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
So all the towns will have to start all over at making their bases?
This isn't talking about the thing-that-cannot-be-spoken-of-and-replaces-to-NO, it's about lore. The lore is being redefined so that all worlds will be not full worlds but sectors of sorts in the newly defined world.
Though on topic, i think you should keep the worlds as *worlds* or even *universes* and set the name for the multiverse instead.
It IS called Herocraft: The Multiverse after all.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Alator if you are back, take me as your disciple (Student, not the class) I have been trying to keep lorey stuff going for sometime, but without any real form of authority, it is hard to contact the people I need.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
btw, Zolaria sounds a bit generic imo. We should try to mesh something like how I came up with Forogon (A small change from Foregone). Thinking towards (Cielo Polynesia) Cielsia (See-L-See-ah) or Polelo, putting both the Latin word for Sky and the Greek Word for that place with 1000 islands together. Since the HC world seems to be islands or plains of existence we can only picture that the entire world or universe is that way. So Thousands of Sky Islands = Cielsia/Polelo. @Kainzo @Alator

Note: Aria is a popular anime name to which tons of anime fan girls make crappy fan characters with. An anime to note is "Aria the Scarlet Ammo". Aria is a musical term pretty sure, but I know Kain is not a fan of anime, so I thought I should bring this to your attention as well.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
btw, Zolaria sounds a bit generic imo. We should try to mesh something like how I came up with Forogon (A small change from Foregone). Thinking towards (Cielo Polynesia) Cielsia (See-L-See-ah) or Polelo, putting both the Latin word for Sky and the Greek Word for that place with 1000 islands together. Since the HC world seems to be islands or plains of existence we can only picture that the entire world or universe is that way. So Thousands of Sky Islands = Cielsia/Polelo. @Kainzo @Alator

Note: Aria is a popular anime name to which tons of anime fan girls make crappy fan characters with. An anime to note is "Aria the Scarlet Ammo". Aria is a musical term pretty sure, but I know Kain is not a fan of anime, so I thought I should bring this to your attention as well.
Those names sound like you fumbled the keyboard ..

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Those names sound like you fumbled the keyboard ..
Those names are still rough, I just don't think Zonaria plays the role of the harsh, hardcore nature that we aim for. I mean, I'm not bad mouthing anything, it isn't up to me when it really comes down to it haha.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Those names are still rough, I just don't think Zonaria plays the role of the harsh, hardcore nature that we aim for. I mean, I'm not bad mouthing anything, it isn't up to me when it really comes down to it haha.
zonaria isnt being considered? ....

In either case, if you haven't noticed, we've been working out the 'hardcore' tag - as it just creates confusion in new players. While we're not changing our difficulty levels, its important to tag ourselves appropriate against the peers

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
zonaria isnt being considered? ....

In either case, if you haven't noticed, we've been working out the 'hardcore' tag - as it just creates confusion in new players. While we're not changing our difficulty levels, its important to tag ourselves appropriate against the peers
Meant to say Zolaria. And that's fine, I just mean, a dangerous world (Now I will admit, even my suggestions do not meet this standard) should probably have a dangerous name. Though it doesn't have to, I mean we can classify the world/universe/planet however we (Lore/Community/Staff) want.

I know you want to defend your ideas and I will say that I am bad for letting others jump in and change my ideas, but just take my words as suggestions if it would help.