• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

You're vs Your!

xFinaLx

Legacy Supporter 7
Dear Herocraft:

theWAREHOUSE_comic_062.jpg

That is all.

-Love, xFinaLx

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
I was once one of the sad souls afflicted by the curse of the your vs you're... But I have been trying ,and recently I noticed that I am actually succeeding! I am almost cured, I use your and you're almost fully correctly now!

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
wow, your like so ignorant for making this thread. You need to learn you're manners.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Welcome to the internet. First I shall explain why this logic works on the internet, in mathematical terms of course.

speed = s
time to type = t
winner = w
your = a
you're = b
a > b
s > b
s=a
w = s + t

We are all looking to for the quickest way to do anything, so therefore, we want to = "s". "a" is also greater than "b", so as internet users, we always want to be greater. So why use "b" if "a" is both faster and greater than "b"? Therefore, we use "a" in all instances where b could be used. We all want to be winners, so in the equation w=s+t, we can substitute "a" in because "a" = "s". By using "a" we can be the winners, while "b" we are not. So therefore, by the associative property, by using "a" we are the winners, and by using "b" your not. Since by using "b", you are not the winner, we can only determine that by not being the winner, you are thus, in fact the losers. And since Grammar Nazi's use "b" we can use the associative property to conclude that they too, are losers. Hint: Nothing is correct on the Internet, so correctness will play no part in this equation.

P.S. Since I, in fact, used "your" where grammar nazis would have used "you're" I = winner.

EDIT: This is a joke. I could care less if people use your or you're. Our brains are able to make sense of it either way, and this is the internet. I do not expect high standards.

Demonxman

Obsidian
it takes a whole milisecond for you to type out the extra " ' " and " e " for you're. don't be so ignorant.

you
your
you're
you'll

learn the difference.

Justaz101

Glowing Redstone
it takes a whole milisecond for you to type out the extra " ' " and " e " for you're. don't be so ignorant.

you
your
you're
you'll

learn the difference.
He isn't and he probably knows the differences, but he knows how the internet works and he is pointing out why the internet times like that. You not listening to his reasoning makes you more ignorant.

This reminds me of an episode of the office. Lets imagine that Kevin is the internet and Jim are grammar Nazis.

Demonxman

Obsidian
He isn't and he probably knows the differences, but he knows how the internet works and he is pointing out why the internet times like that. You not listening to his reasoning makes you more ignorant.

This reminds me of an episode of the office. Lets imagine that Kevin is the internet and Jim are grammar Nazis.
lols.... I did read what he wrote so in fact I did 'listen'. trying to make me look ignorant will not work, son.

it's difficult to read someone saying, "your stupid' to anyone.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
Jesus christ demon, loosen the fuck up, kris just made an awesome statement, and now you are just being an ass about it. Wtf dude. we r on the internet ergo we shall speak how we like to. typing is not as fast as speaking, so in an effort to relay messages quicker/more efficiently, words r shortened into a form that is still legible, but much quicker to type. lern2internet.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
@Kriskills : Holy crap dude, I read all of that like 3 times and I still can't get how that it suposed to work.. I guess streaming music and trying to figure weird stuff dosn't go well together. And then again it all makes sense, you're a genius anyway to come up wit that.

@Demonxman : An y u be callin' HIM ignorant? I know you're a troll but do you have to troll in every post you make -.-

xFinaLx

Legacy Supporter 7
lol u guys r arguing bout such stupd stuf y duz it matter if i luk like a idiot as lomg as u can stil undrestnd my snetance

xFinaLx

Legacy Supporter 7
On a serious note, I see people go through the effort to use "you're" when they should use "your" all the time, so I'd say the typing time isn't the issue here.

This was meant to just be funny though, I didn't want to start a flame war...

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
You're not using your you're correctly. Better get your act together or you might end up in the days of yore.