• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Yay, Armor Ranting for magic, and rouges

Well you may argue all you want, I was winning/drawing EVERY battle ground against spicycheeze. Root works almost every time for me. It only bugs out sometimes. And pusle seems like it has a 10 block range, lol.
good for u, u prob have a high than 10 fps

As a Wizard you need to stay out of melee range of enemies. Shoot a skill and just turn around and run, turn and shoot a skill etc. Once you get blink this gets a lot easier, just fireball + fireblast and if they star to get close you can just blink up on top of a house or some sort of terrain that's around, or just 10 blocks away from them.

At level 50+ Wizards have potential to kill most melee classes without being hit, depending on the terrain. Of course this doesn't happen most of the time, but it is possible.

Classes like dragoon/ninja/samurai have mobility skills as well so they can keep up with your blinks, and a disciple/paladin can pull you towards them.
but, honestly, if you're getting in melee range so much you're not kiting properly. Wizard is an extremely powerful class as it is.

EDIT:
To be clear I don't support Wizards getting better armor.
yeah, but thats 2x my curent lvl

The only reason casters and rogues don't have high armor is because they deal high damage. Warriors don't deal high damage, so they have high armor.

Reminder... Though warriors have higher armor, magic still penetrates armor.
lies, they have high dmg, 2x or melee

WendyMarvell

Legacy Supporter 3
If you would kite it wouldn't matter. They really shouldn't be able to hit you. Your range for all your spells is much higher than theirs. Wizard is one of the best classes atm.
And, at low levels which class is going to do more damage? The spellcaster with a small amount of spells, or the warrior/rogue who does more melee damage?

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
And, at low levels which class is going to do more damage? The spellcaster with a small amount of spells, or the warrior/rogue who does more melee damage?
I would say the caster has a higher dps. He was dueling really high levels(he mentioned invuln and windwalk.) He should see all of the skills before he makes a suggestion to change the whole class.

Sn0wBorn

Iron
that doesn't help because every just glitches out of root
if that's all you said after reading my post, you did not read it at all, or you can't read. You just saw rooting in my post and said root doesn't work. You can also slow them with icebolt or blink away.

if that's all you said after reading my post, you did not read it at all, or you can't read. You just saw rooting in my post and said root doesn't work. You can also slow them with icebolt or blink away.
u can miss with ice, its like throwing a snowball, slow and poop, easy to dodge, also, i dont have blink, that souds usefull, yes but pointless cuz im not high lvl, so if u meet any other spec, chances are they will pwn u

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
OK for real dude, shut up about the armor shit. If you cant play as a wizard, then switch. I know plenty of wizards who can take out warriors. ALL your skills penetrate armor, meaning a warriors armor is useless in a fight against you. FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JacobBurkey

Portal
OK for real dude, shut up about the armor shit. If you cant play as a wizard, then switch. I know plenty of wizards who can take out warriors. ALL your skills penetrate armor, meaning a warriors armor is useless in a fight against you. FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly what I was feeling as well :rolleyes:

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
good for u, u prob have a high than 10 fps
tbh, if you only have around 10fps, you should probably try getting a better computer before makings complaints - Herocraft is based on the fact that you have a compter that can run the game, and that you have a good internet connection so you don't lag like hell.
Also, while it's true that wizards are easily thrashed by many classes because of their low health and low armor, but as long as they manage to get away, they'll kick ass. As a 30ish Disc I smashed EtKEnn as a 60 wiz, though all of his spells did at least 1.5 heart/attack, and I had almost double his health. (I think...?)

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
i dont understand what u are trying to argue, and warrior have highet dps, maybe disciple, as well as better armor, and we can miss i dont think many poeple understand that.

i think u forgot something, leather is also completely useless

what lvl are u? compare the skill set of both lvls and then come back, and u say that, but people don't understand projectiles can miss, so unless u have aimbot, false, u do not du that much dmg, also, that is worthless if the paladin uses invul

I'm sorry, what am I reading? You're saying that armor is useless, you can apparently aimbot with projectiles now, and warriors have the highest dps? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

stop bitching plez, u cant even read. are u literate? i am asking for cheaper armor not better armor, i dont get why ur getting so pissed, i dont expect to win with leather armour yes, but getting killed by bards is retarded. im not bitching about it, u are bitching at me for who knows what, and i can not understand people like u

i am asking for cheaper armour, not better
i dont expect to beat a paladin with leather
i specifically asked for logic, not whiny bitchy "genuis" 4 year olds
and ur just worthless trash if u just hate, gtfo and bug someone else
Please, learn to spell if you are going to try and offend someone. Also you are bitching about it, don't try to make it sound like you're not.

It's very simple why these classes have this type of armor, lets say ninja had iron, then they would be the best class on the server, they do too much damage to have any higher armor than what they do now, that also goes for any other class.

tbh, if you only have around 10fps, you should probably try getting a better computer before makings complaints - Herocraft is based on the fact that you have a compter that can run the game, and that you have a good internet connection so you don't lag like hell.
Also, while it's true that wizards are easily thrashed by many classes because of their low health and low armor, but as long as they manage to get away, they'll kick ass. As a 30ish Disc I smashed EtKEnn as a 60 wiz, though all of his spells did at least 1.5 heart/attack, and I had almost double his health. (I think...?)
but the things is, all other classes, u can immdeiatley see benifits, wizard is useless until lvl 40+ when they can use auto aim attaks to stun and run away

I'm sorry, what am I reading? You're saying that armor is useless, you can apparently aimbot with projectiles now, and warriors have the highest dps? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Please, learn to spell if you are going to try and offend someone. Also you are bitching about it, don't try to make it sound like you're not.

It's very simple why these classes have this type of armor, lets say ninja had iron, then they would be the best class on the server, they do too much damage to have any higher armor than what they do now, that also goes for any other class.
ur stupid, just sayin, i didn't say warriors have highest dps, that is lvl 60 wizards or ninjas, just sayin that warrior melee is 2x our melee. I am not bitching, im just makeing suggestions, all u guys are bitching at me cuz u dont like

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
crazydodapie, can't you realize that everyone is against you? If you think you need more armor you are obviously doing something wrong. Giving leather to casters is a fault, but every class gives something up... let me give you an example:

Paladin:
Gives up DPS and mobility for armor

Ninja:
Gives up armor/hp for high DPS

Bloodmage:
Gives up armor for more of a combat like style healer

Wizard:
Gives up armor/hp for very high mobility (most mobile class in the game) and damage.

You're acting as if every other class has no disadvantage, but in reality you're judging classes you don't even know. You think that as a wizard you shouldn't lose to a bard because of their armor... learn how heroes is designed first BEFORE complaining/making a suggestion.