• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Yay, Armor Ranting for magic, and rouges

Sn0wBorn

Iron
Detarbilate dont try to lie u noob, wizards do less dmg than warriors infact, look it up, and fireball is the 1 spell that has any "range advantage" whatsoever and warriors already have +300~ hp over us magic users and rouges. and they are strong, we are week
yeah because paladins can shoot fireballs and lightning that do around 200 damage.

ThatAintFalco

Portal
stop bitching plez, u cant even read. are u literate? i am asking for cheaper armor not better armor, i dont get why ur getting so pissed, i dont expect to win with leather armour yes, but getting killed by bards is retarded. im not bitching about it, u are bitching at me for who knows what, and i can not understand people like u

i am asking for cheaper armour, not better
i dont expect to beat a paladin with leather
i specifically asked for logic, not whiny bitchy "genuis" 4 year olds
and ur just worthless trash if u just hate, gtfo and bug someone else

DISS IS A HARCORE SERVER NOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
I may not agree with crazydodapie about casters needing chain (although the rarity of leather makes it more expensive than better tiered armors, which I think is absolutely absurd), but the way everyone verbally assaults him as opposed to explaining/discussing things is just sad. Seriously, some of the feedback here is really 4-year-old material. Grow up, use words, and have a discussion people.

As far as the price of armor, crazy, it really has less to do with the actual value of the armor and more the value of the materials. However absurd it is, leather is harder to come by than iron (in general), and thus iron and chain armors are far cheaper than leather armor. Even diamonds seem to be in circulation more frequently than leather, and as leather has far less durability than all of the above, you tend to spend a great deal of money on leather armors over time compared to other types.

As far as boosting caster armor to chain, I agree with most of what people are saying (albeit with a far more level-head than most of them). For one, the lore/rpg aspect of wizards-in-chain just isn't there. For two, chain is better than leather defensively, and while it has defense comparative to gold, no one wears butter armor. It's simply a waste of money. To give casters cheap access to upgraded armor would tip balance (and as I see it, casters don't need much more of an advantage than they already have).

I don't pretend to be an expert on all things Herocraft, especially where the classes are concerned (trust me, I'm still trying to figure out how best to play a Ninja who doesn't get any decent combat skills until lv40+). It takes a long time of playing with the classes, spec'ing and respec'ing, testing and trail to fully understand the ins-and-outs of a system like this. Give the guy a break.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I may not agree with crazydodapie about casters needing chain (although the rarity of leather makes it more expensive than better tiered armors, which I think is absolutely absurd), but the way everyone verbally assaults him as opposed to explaining/discussing things is just sad. Seriously, some of the feedback here is really 4-year-old material. Grow up, use words, and have a discussion people.

As far as the price of armor, crazy, it really has less to do with the actual value of the armor and more the value of the materials. However absurd it is, leather is harder to come by than iron (in general), and thus iron and chain armors are far cheaper than leather armor. Even diamonds seem to be in circulation more frequently than leather, and as leather has far less durability than all of the above, you tend to spend a great deal of money on leather armors over time compared to other types.

As far as boosting caster armor to chain, I agree with most of what people are saying (albeit with a far more level-head than most of them). For one, the lore/rpg aspect of wizards-in-chain just isn't there. For two, chain is better than leather defensively, and while it has defense comparative to gold, no one wears butter armor. It's simply a waste of money. To give casters cheap access to upgraded armor would tip balance (and as I see it, casters don't need much more of an advantage than they already have).

I don't pretend to be an expert on all things Herocraft, especially where the classes are concerned (trust me, I'm still trying to figure out how best to play a Ninja who doesn't get any decent combat skills until lv40+). It takes a long time of playing with the classes, spec'ing and respec'ing, testing and trail to fully understand the ins-and-outs of a system like this. Give the guy a break.
More or less what I was trying to saw, ya just said it better. And I did in one of my post say that he will understand later why I was arguing against him.

I think I have an idea of what you are doing. You are running up to a warrior, then using your hoe to hit him while using damage skills.you need to kite by using a damage skill, slowing/rooting, and running away. That should help with paladins.
that doesn't help because every just glitches out of root
Yes, I think that you will understand later why we are arguing to not put in this cheaper armor. infact, casters will be getting "Better" armor because of how cheep chain is. Chain > Gold > Leather, so you will be getting better armor. For a whole lot cheaper, and 44% damage reduction, do you realize how much warriors will be nerfed?!?!? Warriors put out a nice steady stream of damage, while also tanking a whole bunch, but there over all deeps it pretty bad. If casters had full chain, warriors will need a buff, thus making a useless step.
wrong, it means wizards have a better chance of running away, they will not be nerfed, they will still have 2x more armour than us, it just means we can actually have armour, and warrior damage is retardedly huge 2x our dmg 2x our armour, and will theif cheap ass skills of disarm and bash strike and shit 8x our dmg, also, not evn full chain, part chain is fine too

thank u, but not even full chain, maybe chest or leggs and hat. idk also, there is a lot of bs about wizards are long range, but only fireball is, so we are forced to fight melee most of the times, and with crap or no armor against jugeernauts that wont die, kinda not fair for us, we genarally may have 1 armour point, maybe leather shoes if we are lucky, and 300- hp than most other classes and then we are forced to fight melee against people who do 2x or more dmg than us

yeah because paladins can shoot fireballs and lightning that do around 200 damage.
-_-. they can go invul, god mode for 6 seconds, avoid all our damage, and in our cool down, pwn us with 60dmg per hit spam clicks
+their skills as well, also 200+ dmg

Casters/Rogues are in NO need of more armor, use leather, it's cheap and affordable. You have not played this server enough to really know about that though, you should play the classes or experience them a little better before making a suggestion as rash as this one. PS: Gold armor is supposed to be expensive.
and leather is not cheap

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I was was winning every battleground I did today, against mystics, dragoons and beguilers. As a lvl 30 wizard. Ever once and a while, ONCE and a while, they mey get out of root, but mostly thet get stunned. Root, ice, then fire a few times, and there dead. Pulse if they get close. You are SUPPOSED to run away when you fight any class. Its all about range for wizards, even pulse has a 10block range. And root is amazing, so I do not see why on earth they would need samurai class armor...

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Okay, I'll settle this once and for all!

If you think you need more armor as a Caster, you're bad, learn to play the game. Leather4life

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
LOL EVERYONE HEAR EXCEPT CRAZY IS A NOOB

He nos best trust me cuz he says that ninja need buffalo and it true

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
what lvl are u? compare the skill set of both lvls and then come back, and u say that, but people don't understand projectiles can miss, so unless u have aimbot, false, u do not du that much dmg, also, that is worthless if the paladin uses invul
I am a level 60 wizard. I have played all the warrior classes. From my and everyone else's experience we feel like armor is perfectly balanced. I sometimes miss my fireballs and icebolts but bolt, megabolt, fireblast, shock, and pulse don't require aiming, they just have to be in sight. Think of it like this, the swords range is like 3-4 blocks. You can easily hit someone with a fireball from 10 blocks away. So just run outside of their range and then turn around and use skills. I was killed in a col as a level 25 paladin by a level 14 caster! He was playing his class kiting very well. I couldn't get even one hit on him! Leather is a bit over 1/3 of the damage reduction as full diamond. Remember spells go through armor! So it would not make a difference if the warrior was wearing diamond or not! (Besides fire damage which dose not make that much difference). So play your class and kite. I suggest you level up a more. It's always hard to kill a high level as a low level. Trust us we have been playing here much longer than you.

I was was winning every battleground I did today, against mystics, dragoons and beguilers. As a lvl 30 wizard. Ever once and a while, ONCE and a while, they mey get out of root, but mostly thet get stunned. Root, ice, then fire a few times, and there dead. Pulse if they get close. You are SUPPOSED to run away when you fight any class. Its all about range for wizards, even pulse has a 10block range. And root is amazing, so I do not see why on earth they would need samurai class armor...
false, easily by jumping, bug out of root, and pulse has a 5 block range

arcanegrove

Obsidian
false, easily by jumping, bug out of root, and pulse has a 5 block range
Well you may argue all you want, I was winning/drawing EVERY battle ground against spicycheeze. Root works almost every time for me. It only bugs out sometimes. And pusle seems like it has a 10 block range, lol.

WendyMarvell

Legacy Supporter 3
As a Wizard you need to stay out of melee range of enemies. Shoot a skill and just turn around and run, turn and shoot a skill etc. Once you get blink this gets a lot easier, just fireball + fireblast and if they star to get close you can just blink up on top of a house or some sort of terrain that's around, or just 10 blocks away from them.

At level 50+ Wizards have potential to kill most melee classes without being hit, depending on the terrain. Of course this doesn't happen most of the time, but it is possible.

Classes like dragoon/ninja/samurai have mobility skills as well so they can keep up with your blinks, and a disciple/paladin can pull you towards them.
but, honestly, if you're getting in melee range so much you're not kiting properly. Wizard is an extremely powerful class as it is.

EDIT:
To be clear I don't support Wizards getting better armor.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
The only reason casters and rogues don't have high armor is because they deal high damage. Warriors don't deal high damage, so they have high armor.

Reminder... Though warriors have higher armor, magic still penetrates armor.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Imvuln has like a 5 minute cooldown. Fireball has like a 5 sec cooldown.

123zap use the Heromod. It has keybinds, mana bar, mimimap and it helps a ton. Get it at Hc.to/modpack