• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

XP Boost

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

Aundora

Legacy Supporter 8
I have a suggestion that I think everyone will like/agree with. Instead of having someone pay 150$ for an experience boost; what if it changed to every time a total of 150$ was donated we got an experience boost?
For example:
1. Johnny bought batch 2 titles for 30$
2. Bob bought 20$ worth of donor status
3. Matt bought 50$ worth of donor status
4. Peggy bought 50$ worth of pets

This totals 150$ so we get an xp boost.

It would increase overall donations since people would know they are contributing money to the xp boost while getting a title or whatever they were donating for while still playing a part in the xp boost. Then it would increase the amount of times we got an xp boost so it is a win-win situation for Kainzo, the server bill itself, and the players.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
As Jonsoon said, EXP boosts make leveling WAY too easy, and it's already easy enough to level since you only need to get level 20 to spec base classes. The EXP boost costs are fine (expensive like they should be).

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I guess I just suck then, It took me a week to get from level 30-34 :cool:
Took me 5 days to get from 1 to 49 as wizard. Currently at lvl 53 on this 6th day.

Anyway, exp boost makes leveling way too easily. I used 5 days to get 49 levels in one spec without any exp boosts (Except the one yesterday on christmas eve)

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
I think there should be a system like this:

There would be the XP boosts as they are now, but have a counter, so everytime someone sends money for it, the meter goes up until it reaches the 'donation reached' stage and people would get the exp bonus. The price should be increased since it's a team effort and many people will donate for it.

EG.
150% exp = $200

Bob donates $20 FOR the exp boost.
$20/$200 has been achieved.
Bill donates $160 FOR the exp boost.
$180/$200 has been achieved.
Timmeh donates $30 for a batch of titles.
STILL $180/$200 has been achieved.
Billeh donates $20 for the exp boost.

EXP boost achieved. Well done bob, bill and billeh.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I think there should be a system like this:

There would be the XP boosts as they are now, but have a counter, so everytime someone sends money for it, the meter goes up until it reaches the 'donation reached' stage and people would get the exp bonus. The price should be increased since it's a team effort and many people will donate for it.

EG.
150% exp = $200

Bob donates $20 FOR the exp boost.
$20/$200 has been achieved.
Bill donates $160 FOR the exp boost.
$180/$200 has been achieved.
Timmeh donates $30 for a batch of titles.
STILL $180/$200 has been achieved.
Billeh donates $20 for the exp boost.

EXP boost achieved. Well done bob, bill and billeh.
Dammit Timmeh!

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
probably took me a week to spec wizard and master with no experience boosts. Just gotta put in the time and not get distracted with all that silly pvp stuff

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Leveling is not too hard if you decide to level.
I decided to mine today and went from level 23 to 35 in like 3-4 hours.
Same whit combat I was level 45 and decided to master paladin, then after 3 or 4 days I was mastered.

It's about doing what you have decided to, and not get distarcted by townies/PVP/loot or going semi-afk.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
I got level 1-20 warrior and 1-60 paladin in about 7 days. Didn't get distracted by much pvp that's why :)