• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion XP Boost problems

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I wish we could end world hunger.

Edit: all these dislikes, you guys are monsters... :p

Last edited:

VIzzirgrizzIV

Glowing Redstone
With xp boosts people go the class they want to go and master it and with that class that they've mastered they pvp .. (Pretty sure pvp is what keeps the server alive) so keep boosts . Or I call jeb

bfittipaldi

Legacy Supporter 7
Get rid of server wide boosts and have them only apply to the purchaser and their party. Limit the boost sizes to 50-100% and have a weekly goal for a 200% max serverwide boost on the weekend. Make the boosts affordable. Lets face it we all dont get the luxury of being able to play all the time and boosts are a huge part of keeping up.

I'm not sure, but I think this idea was turned down in the past. If this was implemented it would be very pay to win. With the current setup everyone has an equal amount of time and and opportunity to level in the boost. This idea would mean that only a certain group of people gets the boost, basically whichever group has the most real life cash gets the most boosts and in turn levels/masters faster.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Not sure if it's a great idea or not, but I suggest PvP kills giving a large amount of exp. This will provide another way to help level besides just the mindless mob grind, and hopefully provoke more PvP
Higher leveled opponents should grant more exp while low leveled opponents should grant tiny exp. Else people would just grind newbies for exp, which is why PvP exp was removed in the first place.

It could work, if it's code-able.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Higher leveled opponents should grant more exp while low leveled opponents should grant tiny exp. Else people would just grind newbies for exp, which is why PvP exp was removed in the first place.

This 1000x, and it should be also based on your skill level compared to theirs, rather than just purely level alone.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
i agree that if want server to last long time have to focus on making stuff that is more fun to "grind". Random attribute gear will help whenever that comes, instance dungeons with special loot, some kind of ranked arena pvp, a version of town wars that is enjoyable for majority of players. These are the types of things that will keep people around longer IMO.

There is also a fine line on leveling. Yes it is very fast to level on herocraft, but because of that many players are willing to re-spec and level 5+ classes, and that wont happen if leveling becomes too slow.

EnLight707

Legacy Supporter 2

this is my thought as well, forgot to put that in though lol. but yeah i think its a great idea and would help the servers situation a lot

bfittipaldi

Legacy Supporter 7
On the topic of spicing up leveling, I hear that mob arenas will be coming back soon. If the xp is good that should help people level in a fun way.

macura

Diamond
To solve some of these problems move xp away from power leveling and grinding and boring shit like that and make it about dungeons. By dungeons i mean things sort of like mob arena's (for those who remember them), but instead of waves spawning and a boss at the end, have a group move through the dungeon, clearing mobs and boss mobs to get a bunch of xp along the way and at the end. (I know that this has been talked about being done, this isn't even my idea I'm just clarify what i mean by dungeons). Work to push through dungeons and people wouldn't want to tear their hair out leveling because leveling would be fun and somewhat social, because you could do it with friends.

Additionally, maybe if when people buy boosts, it is a passive xp gain that was low but took effect over a really long period of time, like a month or something. The combination of not feeling compelled to level whenever there is a boost and refusing to level when there is not one and dungeons could possible fix the current state of leveling which (at least for me) is power leveling until my eyes fall out when there is a boost, and immediately logging off when it ends because i can't bear to look at mine craft any longer. Also if there were dungeons that were made for noobs, that would supply you with gear inside of the dungeon (like an ma), that would make getting into the game and becoming a higher level far less painful for new players. The lower leveled dungeons would give less xp and have easier mobs/whatever ur fighting. At this point I'm just rambling, but whatever this is my 2cents.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thanks for all the feedback - I wont be making immediate changes at this time to the boost system.

As mentioned above - we'll be looking for end-game content to add to make it more enjoyable. When Adventure comes we'll re-evaluate the leveling system with the quests as being a major focus point.