• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Writing Submission for Alzheimers Awareness

Will you be entering a submission?

• Total voters

riotpopper

Gold
Hey everyone, I noticed we have a good amount of people here who enjoy writing. I figured I might as well share this writing opportunity with everyone!

http://www.explaura.net/the-book/call-for-submissions/

It's also dedicated to Sir Terry Pratchett (A must read author in my opinion) who passed away while fighting Alzheimers.

I'm pretty proud of my submission so I wanted to post it, but also wanted people to know about the program, it could help save a lot of people a lot of pain.

**I hope I need not remind everyone about plagiarism, since this content is a simple 500 word clip from my own personal book, protected by Amazon's "Pre-Publishing" license. Stealing this work and claiming ownership, or otherwise using any of the following text without my permission is illegal. Writing is my side job, it puts food on my table.**

“You've gotta be kidding me Ally!” exclaims the large man, his rough hands grasping at what was left of his receding brown hairline. He exhaled deep gasps as cold water rushed around his body and quickly rose to his large gut. Behind him stood an older woman, whose face was was full of horror, shock, and...oh, water. Wow that was fast! Man, are they drowning? Oh right. The story. Ummm...they were talking. Oh yeah, she replied even! She said “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH!”. Or something like that. Anyways, it seemed, to the large man, that he and his associate Ally set off some sort of ancient trap. Of course, it DID occur to him that an ancient pirate's cove MIGHT have some sort of trap. He wasn't an idiot. At least not a self proclaimed one, he was way too stupid to admit that out loud. Erm. Proud. That's what I meant. Ally kept reminding herself that even though her mother was right, Bruce (We can only hope Bruce is the large man) is a kind and caring imbecile. Most people only get that last part. She was about to realize being with just a plain ol' imbecile might actually be a better option, but she was very rudely interrupted as a large hand grasped the back of her robe and pulled her out of the frothy depths. She came face to face with Bruce, her kind and caring imbecile. “Bruce. Honey. I'm a captive to your idiocy.” Bruce sighed and helped her wring the water out of her ridiculously long robes as he eyed the room around it. Neat isn't it, Bruce? Oh yeah, he can't hear me. My apologies, I get carried away. They stood in a cozy round smooth stoned room, and it appears the water has halted it's advances for the time being. Which is good. For them anyways. As the narrator this part is dreadfully boring. Ally decides to give me something to talk about, at least “Where do you intend to take me now, oh most intelligent husband of mine? Surely you have some gold to show for all this.”. Bruce huffed a bit. Sure he has gold, it's here somewhere. The man who sold him the map seemed honest. Bruce isn't the kind of guy who judges a book by it's cover. He didn't see a creepy guy with a hunch back, multiple facial scars, a glass eye, hook hand, oily grey hair, suspicious scaly skin, speech impairment and sickeningly pungent body odor! He saw an opportunity for adventure! He KNEW a map to “Dan-Jurous' Let-Hall Cave of Plunder” would be the key to his future fortune! And the totally not creepy guy assured Bruce the map was well crafted and even threw in a fountain quill free of charge! You get what you pay for, he thought, and a life savings guarantees the map is quality!

Last edited: