• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Worlds of War.. err MineCraft...

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Yea, I did.. No really, I downloaded all 28Gb of it.. 'to scale' map of Azeroth...

It's crazy the feeling of being "home" as I approached the gates of Orgrimmar.

For the HORDE !!!

2012-10-09_233121.png

2012-10-09_232750.png

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
I thought you were going to say that you made that, I was a bit worried for a moment. :p

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
I thought you were going to say that you made that, I was a bit worried for a moment. :p
Oh, no way.. Dude who made this didn't actually "make it".. If you read his post http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/997352-crafting-azeroth/ It's a voxel program and such that generated it. There are 2 additional plugins that come with the map that stop things from updating.. water, lava, leaves, soil, etc..

Just fun to look at .. no real use for it yet as soon as you enable block updates all the leaves would poof.. and the water/lava would be a mess... Would be fun to work on getting a "working" model of it.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
All that space and you cant have player owned areas :(
I know right.. If I could get a 'working' version of this map, I'd never play anywhere else ('cept HC), because I know the whole place like the back of my hand.. 6+years of WOW... ugh..

SemajArchMage

Legacy Supporter 3
Post #849 of that thread has a working multiplayer server up for it in creative mode, so I checked it out. The place really is massive, I was getting lost just in Elwynn Forest. The Maps are useless because the areas are too big.

Skaduush

Dragon Warrior
Legacy Supporter 9
Post #849 of that thread has a working multiplayer server up for it in creative mode, so I checked it out. The place really is massive, I was getting lost just in Elwynn Forest. The Maps are useless because the areas are too big.
I have a multi-player server setup too, but by 'working' I mean the water & lava & leaf decay are all currently turned off in the creative map, once it goes survival and the decay/flow are turned on, it gets messy, maps of that size are just more room to stretch out :) Still cool either way

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I have a multi-player server setup too, but by 'working' I mean the water & lava & leaf decay are all currently turned off in the creative map, once it goes survival and the decay/flow are turned on, it gets messy, maps of that size are just more room to stretch out :) Still cool either way
wheres the direct download? I think im going to throw this on a server for us to play around with :)

Turbo4000

Legacy Supporter 3
http://woz.cursecraft.com/minecraft/index.php?dir=cursecraft/CraftingAzeroth-v0.1-beta/

Has three non-torrent .RAR files for the map. They're amazingly compressed, too - they total ~2 GB and the full map is >20 GB. According to the readme, you need Bukkit and the Multiverse-Core plugin in addition to the two plugins provided in the third .RAR file.

If you prefer to torrent, http://cursecraft.com/media/CraftingAzeroth-v0.1-beta.torrent is what you're looking for.

Known issues:
- Minecraft may experience a sudden drop in frame rate when exploring detailed
areas of the map (e.g. large forests). This is likely due to memory issues
and can be avoided by reducing the view distance and setting the graphics
quality to "fast", or increasing the amount of available memory.

- Many structures are hollow on the inside (e.g. large trees, buildings). This
is due to a limitation in the algorithm. I plan to release a tool that will
let users manually fill in the interior of these objects.

- Zones that lie on the boundary between altitude layers can be difficult to
navigate. I plan to improve CA-Teleport in the future so that the boundary
between altitude layers better matches the layout of the environment.