• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wizard - Still More Mobility then a Dragoon.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah so Basically I heard blink is "bad" now from some wizards but when you look at it, wizard can run from almost any fights
(unless the opponent has a root/stun) because I mean the wizard can just enderpearl away and sometimes even escape divine stun/greatcombustion's range which imo is very stupid. So my Suggestion is to Remove Enderpearls in combat, yeah I know wizards with rage at this but just think, you can still blink and run till your out of combat, atm wizard can just enderpearl away heal up and burst the class right back down, I don't know about you but I hate it when people run from me in a fair fight so I just thought Id share my idea.

@xXstrikerdudeXx yes I am raging

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Ender pearls have always been sleeper OP I'm surprised that it's taken this long for someone to point it out.
Seriously you can heave those things 40-50 blocks if you aim them right
I guess the expensive reagent kinda balances it out, but it seems like a poor excuse to me

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
What about this:

Give Ender Pearl to every caster.
However, make a unique Hero Skill for it.
Remove the ability to just throw Ender Pearls.

Make it so each caster can throw pearls a base distance, with possible scaling from Int or Cha.

Have the base distance in order from least to greatest: Pyro (Might not even get it as it has Chaos Orb) -> Necro (Don't know if it would make Necro too much stronger) -> Beguiler (No Opinion as I'm unfamiliar with it too much, but thought the idea of "disappearing" would fit into it's illusion lore) -> Wizzard

The base distance could be lower than a regular pearl, but the scaling could allow for really far pearls. A longer CD could be placed to accommodate for the potential massive distance it could cross.

I thought of this, in like 5 minutes so it's probably a dumb idea. I dunno, just my 2 cents.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Ender pearls have always been sleeper OP I'm surprised that it's taken this long for someone to point it out.
Seriously you can heave those things 40-50 blocks if you aim them right
I guess the expensive reagent kinda balances it out, but it seems like a poor excuse to me
Its called a looting III Sword :p
What about this:

Give Ender Pearl to every caster.
However, make a unique Hero Skill for it.
Remove the ability to just throw Ender Pearls.

Make it so each caster can throw pearls a base distance, with possible scaling from Int or Cha.

Have the base distance in order from least to greatest: Pyro (Might not even get it as it has Chaos Orb) -> Necro (Don't know if it would make Necro too much stronger) -> Beguiler (No Opinion as I'm unfamiliar with it too much, but thought the idea of "disappearing" would fit into it's illusion lore) -> Wizzard

The base distance could be lower than a regular pearl, but the scaling could allow for really far pearls. A longer CD could be placed to accommodate for the potential massive distance it could cross.

I thought of this, in like 5 minutes so it's probably a dumb idea. I dunno, just my 2 cents.
Beguiler and Necro are both to strong atm from my point of view, Just have some really hard counters (well necro does) then pyro already has pearls, tbh I don't think they are balanced in pvp at all. If every caster got them they would just be even more broken...........

edit*
@CoolBeans279 can we like explain the f palm?
And tbh IMO Runeblade getting enderpearls fits more then pyro.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Its called a looting III Sword :p

Beguiler and Necro are both to strong atm from my point of view, Just have some really hard counters (well necro does) then pyro already has pearls, tbh I don't think they are balanced in pvp at all. If every caster got them they would just be even more broken...........

edit*
@CoolBeans279 can we like explain the f palm?
And tbh IMO Runeblade getting enderpearls fits more then pyro.
My point was to heavily lower the range on them, give them a longish CD, but allow more than just Wizzy & Pyro to utilize them. Obviously the exact numbers would need balancing, and more than likely Necro and Beguiler would lose some potency elsewhere. I'm open to alloweding RB have them as they use arcane arts so why not the pearl? But again, a low base range with some kind of scaling would help to balance them out. As it stand vanilla pearls just go to damn far sometimes for HC, forcing classes to pick really far pearls or stronger damage output would help balance pearls out. I'm not an expert on balance, a lot my ideas usually end up making something OP, so I usually try to limit suggestions to what I know/Played. Hence why I make suggestions based on casters a lot, since I've only played Casteres or Bard since the start of Bastion (Except for that 1 week I was a pally then changed)

Xhazed

Portal
My point was to heavily lower the range on them, give them a longish CD, but allow more than just Wizzy & Pyro to utilize them. Obviously the exact numbers would need balancing, and more than likely Necro and Beguiler would lose some potency elsewhere. I'm open to alloweding RB have them as they use arcane arts so why not the pearl? But again, a low base range with some kind of scaling would help to balance them out. As it stand vanilla pearls just go to damn far sometimes for HC, forcing classes to pick really far pearls or stronger damage output would help balance pearls out. I'm not an expert on balance, a lot my ideas usually end up making something OP, so I usually try to limit suggestions to what I know/Played. Hence why I make suggestions based on casters a lot, since I've only played Casteres or Bard since the start of Bastion (Except for that 1 week I was a pally then changed)
That would just make it like an expensive blink

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I love them, gives wizard insane mobility, great for raiding, for running, for getting to cool places in spawn, etc... Endless use for them and wizards should be the only ones that have it.

Ruger392

Obsidian
I think beguiler should have blink. A trickster class should be able to trick there enemy's and escape them easily

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I have been a wizard for about 3 months, and I 100% agree with the removal of enderpearls IN COMBAT

Currently the combat mobility that a wizard has is too high for it to have any sort of risk. While fighting, management of your blink cooldown can either kill your enemy or kill yourself. I see too many wizards making stupid decisions while fighting, but then just throwing an enderpearl to get out of a stick situation. There should be punishments for making risky plays such as blinking into the middle of the enemy team.

Enderpearls work as a get out of jail free card while fighting, but enderpearls work wonders while raiding and getting into towns and such.

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I think beguiler should have blink. A trickster class should be able to trick there enemy's and escape them easily
With it's current kit, beguiler with blink would never die. Beguiler has a TREMENDOUS amount of CC currently and a blink would just push that further past the line.

Strikerdude

ICE ICE ICE!
Yeah so Basically I heard blink is "bad" now from some wizards but when you look at it, wizard can run from almost any fights
(unless the opponent has a root/stun) because I mean the wizard can just enderpearl away and sometimes even escape divine stun/greatcombustion's range which imo is very stupid. So my Suggestion is to Remove Enderpearls in combat, yeah I know wizards with rage at this but just think, you can still blink and run till your out of combat, atm wizard can just enderpearl away heal up and burst the class right back down, I don't know about you but I hate it when people run from me in a fair fight so I just thought Id share my idea.

@xXstrikerdudeXx yes I am raging
Why did you tag me? Also I disagree but think that enderpearls should be nerfed, not taken out completely. Enderpearl has a 60sec cooldown in combat so most wizards can only use it once, also if you watch the wizlord throw the ender pearl then just run to where its landing because the wizard will be slightly disoriented for a second since they suddenly teleported. Also the only way for a wizard to heal after running away is eating, so you could just do the same thing. Also in the live (not test) server i rarely see wizards with enderpearls because they are kinda expensive/hard to get, i almost never have an enderpearl on me, unless i am expecting to get inside a city or something. As for the stuns paladin can time their shieldreflects to kill wizards and pyromancers are ranged. (not as ranged as wizard but still) Also pyromancers have enderpearl too so they can just enderpearl to the wiz then stun them..

Edit: as for nerfing them i think maybe (if possible reduce the range enderpearls can be thrown)
Edit2: Also if the wizard messes up once and you can get a stun off on them? Its practically game over for them. So i think it should be a little difficult to stun them.

Last edited:

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Why did you tag me? Also I disagree but think that enderpearls should be nerfed, not taken out completely. Enderpearl has a 60sec cooldown in combat so most wizards can only use it once, also if you watch the wizlord throw the ender pearl then just run to where its landing because the wizard will be slightly disoriented for a second since they suddenly teleported. Also the only way for a wizard to heal after running away is eating, so you could just do the same thing. Also in the live (not test) server i rarely see wizards with enderpearls because they are kinda expensive/hard to get, i almost never have an enderpearl on me, unless i am expecting to get inside a city or something. As for the stuns paladin can time their shieldreflects to kill wizards and pyromancers are ranged. (not as ranged as wizard but still) Also pyromancers have enderpearl too so they can just enderpearl to the wiz then stun them..

Edit: as for nerfing them i think maybe (if possible reduce the range enderpearls can be thrown)
Edit2: Also if the wizard messes up once and you can get a stun off on them? Its practically game over for them. So i think it should be a little difficult to stun them.
Agreed, i haven't seen a single wizard on live use an enderpearl. I only use enderpearls because i somehow have like 64 of them, so i take one with me.

Ruger392

Obsidian
Why can i wizard teleport and have blink? its a WIZARD there suppose to be the strongest caster not the most mobile class and #GiveGuilerBlink