• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wizard Nerf

Do you think it's okay for wizard to have bolt at level 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Druid. bolt lvl 60
200+dmg 40sec cd!
Wizard.bolt lvl 10!
200+dmg 15sec cd!
With the same amount of damage as a very high lvl skill for another class I think that bolt for wizard should be moved up at least 5 lvls....

Just a suggestion...however I know this is going to be disliked instantly by anyone who is a wizard.

cschris54321

Soulsand
Tbh bolt at level 10 does sound outrageous, even from someone who was thinking about going wizard...

F

Falker57

Bolt is kinda silly. So is fireball. My problem is not with either of those. You can just dodge/interrupt them. My problem is root. Root makes it impossible to do both. It requires no skill to fireball someone when rooted. It annoys me about that. Wizard should be a class that you just run your fingers down your keyboard for a kill.

macura

Diamond
Bolt is kinda silly. So is fireball. My problem is not with either of those. You can just dodge/interrupt them. My problem is root. Root makes it impossible to do both. It requires no skill to fireball someone when rooted. It annoys me about that. Wizard should be a class that you just run your fingers down your keyboard for a kill.
You have clearly never played a caster class. Root is required for the use of bolt because bolt only has the range of 15 blocks (at level 60) and a 1.5 second warmup. Without root bolt would be impossible to use because it would always get canceled or you would get the shit beaten out of you while it was casting. Also how the hell is playing wizard running your hand down a keyboard. Playing wizard involves using skills at certain times in a certain order because wizards main impairment is high cd on skills. Also sidenote root breaks on damage to you or the caster of root.

macura

Diamond
I believe 10 is a little to low of a level to give someone bolt but to be fair they did do the same thing for other specs. I mean ranger's firearrow is not at 20. I think they just but this in because wizard has the same damage as a regular caster for a while when classes like ranger get a massive damage boost right when they spec.

F

Falker57

You have clearly never played a caster class. Root is required for the use of bolt because bolt only has the range of 15 blocks (at level 60) and a 1.5 second warmup. Without root bolt would be impossible to use because it would always get canceled or you would get the shit beaten out of you while it was casting. Also how the hell is playing wizard running your hand down a keyboard. Playing wizard involves using skills at certain times in a certain order because wizards main impairment is high cd on skills. Also sidenote root breaks on damage to you or the caster of root.
Yes I have never been a caster class. I am saying though that root completely ruins the skill in fireball. I think that fireball should be a skillshot and root ruins that by making you a sitting duck. Yes I am fully aware of the break on damage but they could still get a nice bolt and fireball in with skill (or double keybinds) Maybe make roots slow for less time just so the caster could get a bolt in.

macura

Diamond
Yes I have never been a caster class. I am saying though that root completely ruins the skill in fireball. I think that fireball should be a skillshot and root ruins that by making you a sitting duck. Yes I am fully aware of the break on damage but they could still get a nice bolt and fireball in with skill (or double keybinds) Maybe make roots slow for less time just so the caster could get a bolt in.
The skill root is at where it should be right now.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I think bolt should be raised to atleast 35 it does insane damage and has a low CD. I personally think that Icebolt should be taken from wizard. It gives wizard 2 slows. Icebolt + Fireball + Root + Bolt + fireball + fireblast. You have to much time to cast all your skills.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Do you guys honestly not know how fucking long it takes to level?
Speccing to wizard and getting nothing but fireball (offense skill) until level 35 SUCKS - MASSIVELY
+ None of you took into consideration, they nerfed the aiming on bolt, it's really hard to aim, well at least for me since I'm laggy.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I like that one of Wizard's signature skills is available early on, that's a good thing. I don't know what the rest of Wizard's skill tree (more like skill pillar, but whatevs) looks like atm, though, and there may be something there that upsets that balance.

F

Falker57

Well then nerf wizards fireball because currently it takes no skill to fireball as a wizard

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
GUYS guys guys.

nerf the initial dmg of bolt and increase the dmg increase per level.

BAM. maintain master'd balance, dont let wizards be too awesome early on.