• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Windows 10 General Discussion Thread

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Hello Heroes.
Since I'm taking a short break from HC due to leveling killing my brain, I've decided to put up a discussion thread on the new and positively-rated Windows 10. Love it or hate it, discuss anything about it in here.

I am well aware that only a minority of us in this community have it installed, but for those who do, it's time to express your thoughts, insights, likes and dislikes about the new operating system. Guess I'll initiate.

I welcomed Windows 10 to my new laptop with open arms, as I have been following its development throughout the passing of time. The upgrade went through really smoothly, and I'd like to compliment that. I really like it so far. The things I really like about this OS is that there is no more Start screen, stock apps do not have to consume your whole desktop, and the presence of Virtual Desktops, which will totally reduce the window clutter on my desktop as I usually have Chrome, Groove Music player (stock app in W10) and Minecraft open in one desktop.

There are things I do not like about it, and you would agree with me on this:
Windows 10 now forces you to update, you cannot selectively install updates like you could on pre-10 systems, and I don't like this as it takes away bandwidth for more important stuff, and most importantly, freedom.

The addition of Cortana, our very friendly search bot that wants to know more about you, gradually eats away at your privacy when you search more.

Finally, the privacy settings are, by default, meant to watch your every step. Just look at the large amount of settings and sub-settings that you'd have to set. They even track your location now.
33336c7614.png

Everyone has their preferences. Now it's your turn.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I agree, I think Windows 10 is a good operating system minus the fact that its basically a dictatorship.

So it could use a lot of freedom, hoping someone mods it.