• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Wilderness Home Ideas

ForTehZZZ

Coal
When the map gets reset, whenever that is, I have been thinking of flying solo and maybe not join any towns. This would lead to me making my own house and area. However, I do not want my house to look like a boring pre-alpha slum. So... do you lot have any good ideas? I currently have a few, what do you think I should do?

Junkyard Area

Would be like a giant area home to many broken down buildings/machinery like objects. Would be a mess bascially. Covered like a garbage site with gravel, dirt, stone, obsidian and wool.

Skyscraper Town

A small/large area which is like a town, but the buildings are VERY high. Would be like New York, just kinda smaller. I have already started to make my own mini-version of this on the server, but I am not living in it atm. Still working on it...

Forest Home:

Would be a giant forest with large man-made trees which would be hollowed out to form homes. Would look cool from affar and close up. Under the trees could be a area which would make your character look like an ant on the ground of a forest. Could go Pikmin like and add small real life objects to the scene.

Just a few ideas. Dunno yet...

What do you think? :p

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
If your by yourself or in a small group in the wild, the only good option is to hide underground to avoid your base being found as easily as your ideas. If I saw any of those outside of a ring, I would rob the hell out of it.

Live in the side of a mountain, at the bottom of a mine through a maze of tunnels, or under a lake with a hole in the center and a ladder to keep the water out. Secret ninja locations.

ruethian

Legacy Supporter 6
wolfgang784 said:
If your by yourself or in a small group in the wild, the only good option is to hide underground to avoid your base being found as easily as your ideas. If I saw any of those outside of a ring, I would rob the hell out of it.

Live in the side of a mountain, at the bottom of a mine through a maze of tunnels, or under a lake with a hole in the center and a ladder to keep the water out. Secret ninja locations.

in all honesty it doesn't matter if you hide your base or not. The only bonus to having a hiden base is that nobody can find it and kill you. As long as you hide your chests well enough so that the only way they can be found ig via griefing (like under the floodboards or behind a fake wall) there is no probem with having a visabe home. All the better to show off your creativness I say.

but back to the original post... i like your idea of a forest but the other two... meh... good luck with that :icon_twisted:

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
what could be fun: some T3+ joining together to make a wilderness base by joining their 25*25 regions together: no need to keep a citizen amount, no need for taxes, all win win

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Actually, a ton of the older members here have been talking about wildy houses with no towns. I think it would be a great idea to get 10 or 12 friends together and build a little "unofficial" village. I'm up for it if you guys are. Get a list going.

Also keep in mind, we'll have 25x25 regions but houses would have to be like 20x20. Roads between them, etc. Dont want a bunch of random houses clustered up. Gotta have them sexy roads, organized, not shit looking.

ruethian

Legacy Supporter 6
Technically...roads don't haveto be regioned...as long as you arnt building gold roads...im not too old to the server but I might be up to that

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Yea you do :)

When the map wipes, everyone scout around, and post your area findings in this thread. We'll choose one and start building. I'd prefer a flat area, where we could put the 25x25 plots and roads.

The rules say regions must be 25x25, but they dont say you cant have more then one. I was thinking we have a square road, 4-5 houses on each side of the square, and in the center have a little garden/lake type area that we'll region. Small, ungoverned, free.

Hmm, wonder if we can get most of the server to do this, no towns, no government. >:]
Viva la Revolucion!

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Pretty sure you are indeed only supposed to have 1 25x25 region at a time, and if they don't care about you having multiple, they certainly will if you do them all in a nearby area. It might not be against rules, but if people region a bunch of 25x25 areas all together to make unofficial towns, there will most likely be a rule made against it.

Besides, why would you need more than 1? Each person region an area. You could have more than 1 person bunk in a house so someone can region a farm area instead and such. Plan it out.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
If the regions extend underground, you can keep community stuff beneath the plots. Tree/wheat/reed farms, or public chests...

Heck, this could be pretty awesome. A cellular community with no central leadership, made up entirely of donors? Luring in newbies who think they're safe because there's houses around? Sounds like fun.

If more discussion is going to happen concerning this, a new topic somewhere would be good.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Dude this idea is giving me chills, ill come along for the ride once i get ORE set up again for the wipe :D bunch of donors getting together to make a civilization full of 25x25+ castles sounds epic.

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
hmmm, donor 25x25 epic area does sound pretty cool espically if its in a interesting area.

Figgis

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm actually interested in this haha. But yeah, no reason to have roads regioned, we can actually make this work out really well.

ForTehZZZ

Coal
Seems crazy how this got major-off-topic! :p I think i'll just make some kind of giant forest. Seems easiest as I am using many easily recieved renewable resources and all.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
i'm in, i'm totally in, like some said, we don't need to region the roads so we can even make each plot 25*25

and, here is another idea: since herogates will be in the wild, why not making our unofficial town, right around one?
and therefore, controling who come and go by this herogate, maybe taking taxes for it!

we just need some donors to make their region around the herogate, those will have a little less space for their plot but it worth it

btw, i like the idea of a "giant buildings" wild base, if we link some building with bridge here and there, we can make it a 3D MAZE!

Figgis

Legacy Supporter 5
Amgroma,
ruethian,
Dazureus (if he ends up donating),
Carmeops,
Greek (After ORE is setup),
Airbus101 (?),
Brutalacerate,
noobeata,

Is what I have gathered so far.