• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Why I Think Leveling on HC is the Worst Thing Ever.

Instead of arguing over trifle things that have already been established as useless (Regular exp boosts and permanent exp boosts) Let us discuss the only viable solution to this problem you want to oppose @TheUberNerd, adding custom mobs to the mix. In your opinion (I'm asking Uber, no one else atm) what different mobs should be added to make leveling a more interesting experience?

This is where I kinda leave my ideas with the people of HC and the admins. I'm not sure what's possible in terms of customization on a MC server, but just different types of mobs in general. Mobs with different abilities, different appearances and many other things. I personally wouldn't call a big zombie that has a lot of health a custom mob. I'm talking about unique different monsters.

It would be really cool if we could have quests and such that involve pre-made towns, kingdoms, etc. Imo I feel like it would be a great idea to reward players with XP/Souls for exploring the world and surviving in it.

Wandering around a cool marsh? Bam! Abandoned temple with a dungeon full of loot and XP.

Perusing the plains? Check it! A bandit camp with a large bounty!

Swimming through the sea? Wow! An Atlantis like city with quest NPCs and buyable homes.

I've seen quests and such done on other servers in the Beta days, so I'd imagine that it wouldn't be too difficult to do now.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
It would be really cool if we could have quests and such that involve pre-made towns, kingdoms, etc. Imo I feel like it would be a great idea to reward players with XP/Souls for exploring the world and surviving in it.
RPG Map. Seen the big boat in central with RPG next to it, then it says the thing is under construction? RPG map. Being made. k. bai.

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
If this game were still around, I'd tell you to go level to at least 90. (Takes roughly a year)
Here's the xp chart ^-^
http://megaten.sesshou.com/wiki/index.php/Technical_Data#Experience_Table

A few days to a couple of weeks on HC to level? Pfffft try a whole weekend to get one level with a bunch of xp buffs x))
(At least once you got near cap)

There was a sense of pride and usually your guild would throw a bit of a celebration when you reached cap.
I realize that it's not how things work now. Just feel present day leveling systems rob us of things that most of us who have played MMOs or RPGs used to feel when we'd cap.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
If this game were still around, I'd tell you to go level to at least 90. (Takes roughly a year)
Here's the xp chart ^-^
http://megaten.sesshou.com/wiki/index.php/Technical_Data#Experience_Table

A few days to a couple of weeks on HC to level? Pfffft try a whole weekend to get one level with a bunch of xp buffs x))
(At least once you got near cap)

There was a sense of pride and usually your guild would throw a bit of a celebration when you reached cap.
I realize that it's not how things work now. Just feel present day leveling systems rob us of things that most of us who have played MMOs or RPGs used to feel when we'd cap.
That level chart looks as steep as DFs learning curve.

Northac

Obsidian
they are working on the boss mobs, saw one being tested last map. The Skeleton king, a named neather skele who had explosive shots, and summoned normal ones. but its takes a bit to make sure the coding for these guys will work as wanted.
That test had the boss flicker between spawning and despawning (made him hard to hit).

Zelphril

Legacy Supporter 7
Please! Something like mob arenas! They not only help with leveling, especially for classes like Cleric, but were also pretty damn fun back in DG. Give us, as a community, something we can do together, other than smacking each others faces in at Conquest points.

Darkwerty

Legacy Supporter 8
Yes... leveling isnt fun... But grinding at a spawner for a good enchanted diamond sword in a faction server isnt fun either.... getting gold to buy a good weapon in an mmo rpg isnt fun either.... YOU have to do shit that isnt fun.... Thats how life works and you should deal with it.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Yes... leveling isnt fun... But grinding at a spawner for a good enchanted diamond sword in a faction server isnt fun either.... getting gold to buy a good weapon in an mmo rpg isnt fun either.... YOU have to do shit that isnt fun.... Thats how life works and you should deal with it.
But the point of most games is to have fun...Also saying "Grinding, sucks deal with it" is a horrible excuse. Bad game design shouldn't be something we expect.

Darkwerty

Legacy Supporter 8
But the point of most games is to have fun...Also saying "Grinding, sucks deal with it" is a horrible excuse. Bad game design shouldn't be something we expect.
You have to do shit that isnt fun in life... thats the excuse.