• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Who owns the North Pole?

What would you do if you took the decision for UN?

• Let one country claim it and legally use its resources

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Keep it as it is, with the risk of armed conflict for its resources in the future

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Other (Comment)

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Santa!!

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Haven't had a political thread in a while, and I thought this was quite interesting so it's POLL TIME!

Mor2TburbY55QHKi4OhRqgQf-O8HhA44Hsb_CFjuUeEw

The white field in the middle is the North Pole on a world map seen from above. The 5 countries close enough to claim the North Pole are Russia, Canada, Denmark, USA and Norway which some of them have petitioned the UN to grant them ownership of the North Pole and with it possibly 25% of the world's Oil and Gas reserves located on the bottom of the arctic ocean. In the future, these resources might be some of the last of its kind left in this world and it could possibly be the cause of armed conflict.

So what is do you guys think is the best way to go about this for the UN?

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
I say we have an all-out battle royale. Last country standing takes claim of the north pole.

Jpenguin

Legacy Supporter 3
If the UN gave the North Pole to anybody it would result in armed conflict, it'd be best if it remained unowned. But really this is an impossible decision, as either way it will result in armed conflict because of the resources. Another idea would be dividing the resources, but having 5% would be kinda shitty, it'd turn into "Mom, he got more cake than me!!11" Eventually it will turn to armed conflict for Santa's workshop unless a decision is made soon, but let's be honest. Russia or the US would be the only ones standing a chance in this conflict.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I might add that Russia, Canada and Denmark are the countries that has petitioned claims to the UN.

Jpenguin

Legacy Supporter 3
I might add that Russia, Canada and Denmark are the countries that has petitioned claims to the UN.

If it did end in armed conflict, in that case the victor probably would be Russia, but they would suffer heavy casualties.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't like the idea of fighting for the northpole for fear that the poor elves will be injured in the crossfire.

zjacob1

Gold
Haven't had a political thread in a while, and I thought this was quite interesting so it's POLL TIME!

Mor2TburbY55QHKi4OhRqgQf-O8HhA44Hsb_CFjuUeEw

The white field in the middle is the North Pole on a world map seen from above. The 5 countries close enough to claim the North Pole are Russia, Canada, Denmark, USA and Norway which some of them have petitioned the UN to grant them ownership of the North Pole and with it possibly 25% of the world's Oil and Gas reserves located on the bottom of the arctic ocean. In the future, these resources might be some of the last of its kind left in this world and it could possibly be the cause of armed conflict.

So what is do you guys think is the best way to go about this for the UN?
If they can't share, then nobody gets it. Besides, who wants to mess with polar bears? Those things EAT people.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
I voted "other."

First of all, why would anyone take a problem to the UN to get solved? I mean, if the objective were "please make this situation worse in the most clownish, corrupt way possible," then the UN would be my go-to organization.

No, what I think should happen is that the UN should declare that the North Pole now belongs to.... The UN. At least that would be entertaining.