• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

What's Broken?

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
Hey all!

So this installment of XenZan's Derpy Questions brings us to game features that are not presently functioning properly, if at all. I think it could be helpful to compile a list of class features/skills/commands/game tools/etc that are implemented are intended to work, but don't for some reason or another. I'll list them here and we can add and remove as they come and go. I know such a list could make or break a spec choice or profession decision for some people, like when cauldrons weren't working, for example. So that in mind, what's broken?

Anybody wanna start?

The list:

Skill: Thievery (Ninja)

Feature: Anvils

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Good to know. Unfortunate, but good to know. Will add it.

And enchanted books by extension, then?
Yes.

Enderpearls are also disabled for now due to "exploitability".

EDIT: Root is easy to get out of also - I'd consider it broken.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
The "NoCheat" plugin causes very large amounts of rubberbanding with mobility and stealth skills.

Jump Skill: Rubberbands you about 80% of the time.
Super Jump: Rubberbands you if you use the "Jump skill at any point during the skill use.
Backflip: Same as Dragoon Jump.
Sneak: When using the "Sneak" skill, you tend to rubberband when falling off the edges of blocks. Very annoying around uneven terrain.
Sprinting: Vanilla Minecraft Sprinting tends to get you rubberbanded if you are sprinting and left click spamming with rapid turns. You have to stop sprinting and re-double tap to stop it.

-----------
General Heroes ability issues:

Purge: I honestly have no idea how this spell is supposed to function--it works the exact same way as Dispel but can't do everything dispel does. Worthless skill?
Chaos Orb: Due to ender pearls being disabled, this skill does not teleport you properly.
Root: Does not actually root, functions as a very ineffective slow that is easily exploited.
Bolt/MegaBolt/Shock: When a target is rooted, starting to channel these abilities will break the root on the target, even though you have not yet done any damage to them.

--------
Engineers:

Hoppers are currently disabled I believe, but I'd like someone to confirm this for me, as I am not an engineer.

----------
Potions:

Invisibility potions are disabled.
Strength potions do absolutely nothing.
Potion of Harming does almost no damage at all.
Weakness potions don't appear to work. (If they do, the effect is very minimal.)

---------
Heromod:

When consuming emeralds, the mana bar frame does not get updated.

When leaving a skirmish or collesium duel, the mana frame gets frozen at the amount it was when you left it. It will stay frozen on this amount until you use a skill, relog, or enter another arena.

Party frame levels do not show actual primary class levels, they show the highest of the two. (If their profession is higher level then you will see that, but if it's their primary class that is higher, it will work properly.)

If you were not the "last" person to leave the party, your party frames will freeze in place and show that you still have party members, even if you don't have any. In order to have the party frames properly disappear, you have to be the one that leaves the party.

----
I'll edit this post as I think of new things.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Feature: Anvils
Anvils are disabled because they're currently free to use and do not have enough of an API to build a heroes EXP cost into it.
Engineers:

Hoppers are currently disabled I believe, but I'd like someone to confirm this for me, as I am not an engineer.

----------
Potions:

Invisibility potions are disabled.
Strength potions do absolutely nothing.
Potion of Harming does almost no damage at all.
Weakness potions don't appear to work. (If they do, the effect is very minimal.)

----
I'll edit this post as I think of new things.
Hoppers - Until an API has been added to Bukkit to allow us to fix several major exploits these will not be added.
Potions:
Invis potions are disabled as they make the ninja skill smoke almost redundant.
Strength does work but we have tweaked the numbers so that it doesn't do anything atm (much like sharpness etc)
Weakness same as above
Harming I was not aware of.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Anvils are disabled because they're currently free to use and do not have enough of an API to build a heroes EXP cost into it.

Hoppers - Until an API has been added to Bukkit to allow us to fix several major exploits these will not be added.
Potions:
Invis potions are disabled as they make the ninja skill smoke almost redundant.
Strength does work but we have tweaked the numbers so that it doesn't do anything atm (much like sharpness etc)
Weakness same as above
Harming I was not aware of.
Harming/Weakness/Strength work and are unchanged - give a test!

Invis potions are disabled due to the trolling nature / we're not ready to implement massive invis yet.