• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

What the?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
DaFuck.JPG
''It came from crap, it stays on crap''

Uhm so saying the word broster is banned because we bros originated from crap? Ever heard about 60's Spiderman or Spiderman Threads? Those originated from crap aswell and that has been used a lot in the ''Funny Pictures Makes me go haha''-thread.

If everything originating from crap is illegal, does this apply to Reddit/Facebook/Twitter and all the other social medias aswell? If not, why is crap material discriminated? And how is a fandom considered an e-bonic, is the word Whovians also banned/censored? (Spoiler: It's not)

Yes I do know that the statement I qouted wasn't made by an admin/founder, but if Dielan9999 makes such a statement it would surprise me if it was taken out of thin air.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
''The following actions are prohibited while in in-game chat channels, irc, teamspeak, and any Herocraft Online related forums:

The use of any language besides English in main chat channels (global, trade, help, off-topic, etc).
  • This includes e-bonics, internet m.emes, and various other forms of slang''
I take it ''Broster'' or ''bros'' would fall under that catagory, as would most things from crap.

Although, I see people use ''e-bonics'', m.emes and other stuff just about every day on the server, and on the forums. Sometimes, even staff members do it.

I'd like to see more clear ruling on the topic as, at the moment, it seems that some people can just get away with it, while others can't. :S

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
''The following actions are prohibited while in in-game chat channels, irc, teamspeak, and any Herocraft Online related forums:

The use of any language besides English in main chat channels (global, trade, help, off-topic, etc).
  • This includes e-bonics, internet m.emes, and various other forms of slang''
I take it ''Broster'' or ''bros'' would fall under that catagory, as would most things from crap.

Although, I see people use ''e-bonics'', m.emes and other stuff just about every day on the server, and on the forums. Sometimes, even staff members do it.

I'd like to see more clear ruling on the topic as, at the moment, it seems that some people can just get away with it, while others can't. :S
I still don't get it, why are ponies considered an internet e-bonics? Is my avatar an e-bonic? Because I am certain that it isn't. If ponies are e-bonics, is Doctor Who an e-bonic? Or GoT, if I discuss Game of Thrones in OT chat will I get muted for e-bonics? (Or Anime/Manga for that matter)

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I still don't get it, why are ponies considered an internet e-bonics? Is my avatar an e-bonic? Because I am certain that it isn't. If ponies are e-bonics, is Doctor Who an e-bonic? Or GoT, if I discuss Game of Thrones in OT chat will I get muted for e-bonics? (Or Anime/Manga for that matter)

Indeed, one of the reasons i'd like to see much better ruling on the topic.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I didn't know broster was censored or frowned upon. I was talking about the concept of bros in general to answer that dude's question. All that MLP stuff all started on /co/ on crap.

I've heard the story.

EDIT: There's nothing wrong with liking MLP, but it's up to the staff to decide if we can talk about it or not. Alot of the concepts behind being a broster falls under internet e-bonics. Dr Who isn't popular becuase a bunch of people on crap started talking about it, it's popular because it's just a good show.

Again, not saying MLP is bad. It's fandom origins are. (Within the context of HCO)

EDIT 2: Ohhh the singlular word for bros censors to Broster. That's kinda funny XD

Weikauno

Coder
technically, every word in every language is a ***. look up the meaning on wikipedia.
because a word is an idea to call an object, and its spread throughout a culture of people. :eek: that means everyone would be banned by these rules, just for talking a single word.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
technically, every word in every language is a ***. look up the meaning on wikipedia.
because a word is an idea to call an object, and its spread throughout a culture of people. :eek: that means everyone would be banned by these rules, just for talking a single word.

This is about internet e-bonics. That's all.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
With respect, my opinion: The rules regarding this are neither thorough nor fair, and the former likely because of the latter. The stated reasoning of the staff is flimsy. Not that I'm asking Kain to suddenly let everybody blab about who's best pony to their heart's content, but a tweak to the stated rules would set this to rest for me.
M.emes being outlawed is one thing. It's a mildly annoying thing if you swing that way but it's understandable, and the meaning is obvious enough that you can easily understand what it means. However, when that rule begins to apply to ponies it's suddenly less clear-cut.

I'm discussing the characters or some such and suddenly *mute*. Why's this?
No m.emes allowed.
But I wasn't speaking in m.emes, I was discussing an interest! There are m.emes surrounding it but perhaps I didn't mention any of them.
Still, mute because no m.emes.

At this point somebody has to explain that on HC, pony talk is considered a ***.
Woah there bucko, I consider it a fandom! Can I talk about Doctor Who? Supernatural?
Yes.
Why is that different?
It's not a ***.
Hold on there, they're m.emetic in the very same ways that pony is.

Oh, well you see pony started on 4ch.
But actual m.emes barely start there these days! What's the deal?
And then after an indeterminate amount of time on the server, perhaps complaining about the issue, we realize that oh, Kain doesn't like pony and it's thusly not allowed.

This is an acceptable, easily understood answer. No ponies allowed. House rules. If you're in the house, you play by the rules. Just state this separately.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Just add it to the rules if you don't want it Kainzo , none of us could possibly know that our favorite show isn't welcome on Herocraft because it's stated nowhere in the rules.

Still Dielan none of your arguments that "ponies are bas cuz their fans are 4channers" makes sense. Very VERY few bros have ever been to crap. Myself I became a broster trough MinecraftForums. The crap bros usually stay at crap anyway.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Just add it to the rules if you don't want it Kainzo , none of us could possibly know that our favorite show isn't welcome on Herocraft because it's stated nowhere in the rules.

Still Dielan none of your arguments that "ponies are bas cuz their fans are 4channers" makes sense. Very VERY few bros have ever been to crap. Myself I became a broster trough MinecraftForums. The crap bros usually stay at crap anyway.

Well, I just figured it wasn't allowed because of the following's origins on crap. We mute people for quoting just about anything on there anyway.

I myself have an entire group of friends who like MLP and would never set foot onto crap. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm really just putting 2 and 2 together.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
You know Dielan, after the crap revolution against the MLP ban, MLP spread to the rest of the internet and soon Equestriadaily.com took the role as flagship for the broster community. crap bros are a small minority now, Youtube, Tumblr, DeviantART and similar sites harbours most of the community in these days and those sites certainly isn't "crap".

And I don't undertand why Kainzo hates crap so much anyway, the name itself is censored into crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.