• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

What happened to the good old fashioned warrior?

JZillifro

Soulsand
Intro

I look and see all the warrior specs, they're all cool and unique in their own ways. But i see a problem, why isn't there the average heavily clad warrior type? I'm talking a perfect balance of defense and attack power, and none of that magic stuff. I mean, what happened to the real warriors? Here's my analysis of why the rest of the warrior specs don't completely make the cut as a brutal, steel clad weapon of destruction.

Explanation

Paladin- Warriors aren't made to be big cushions!, needs more fire power!(not actual fire, that's for ninnies). Also, let loose from the sissy healing magics, take the hit like a man!

Dread knight- A tad closer, but less magic, get some muscles! Put down the books!

Dragoon- Warmer, but less skipping around like a fairy and more ferocity!

Samurai- About as close as it gets, I can't insult them much on their arms, but learn the take a hit! Too rogue like, I'm thinking better armor and health then they have and a shield to block the
enemy's attacks.

My thoughts

My thoughts on the solution to this would be to make a whole new class from the warrior spec(I could think up a rough draft of the class right now if need be). But frankly, I'm quite sure this wouldn't sit well with whoever controls the flow and editing of new classes and such. Why? Because, it just doesn't differ enough from the rest of the warrior specs. Though this may be true, it doesn't differ that much from each warrior spec alone, when you look at how much it differs from them all at once, its very unique indeed. All i ask for is a non magic wielding traditional style warrior that is more about defense then the samurai. What I'm thinking about is like a point somewhere in between all the warrior specs that suits the needs of someone who'd like to play a very balanced class that's not too attack/defense oriented.

Conclusion

Thanks for reading this post, I hope it at least gave you a general idea of what it is I'm hoping for. It probably belongs in the suggestion forum but its a tad too late for that, I got a little more into writing this then I had intended. Sorry for any grammar mistakes I made. Please comment your thoughts on the matter.

TLDR: Read the whole thing lazy, not like you have anything better to do.

Exxample1

Stone
I really like this post. To be quite honest, I agree. The only class I have any trouble with at all as a ranger would have to be dragoons, just for the sheer fact that they have their charge/impale/jump combo. I really am looking forward to seeing a few new classes implemented onto the server, Especially a unique warrior class, due to the fact that there really aren't any beat-ass (pardon my french) warrior classes. Great post Jzill ^^

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Agreed, warriors need more power. Currently, if you are a ninja and all that you can kinda just own about everybody. Warriors are not ment to be sneaky, (Dragoons use jump a lot to attack) and, in my opinion, should be used for tanks at war. Strong and resistance to most attacks. However not overpowered and still weak to other warriors.

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
I would say ur looking for a class like "Barbarian" or "Berserker". Something that is manly and buff and is able to deal as much damage as they take. While many people of today's time view warriors as heman, conan, and a cooked up warrior from WoW, many people fail to realize that the majority of real warriors did very little damage at all. In fact, the main weapon of warriors back in the day was their shield, not their sword. They held their shield with their good arm and were all about stamina. Beating the other armor clad person down until they were too tired to stand and then killing them was the way of the old warriors. It was done away with by fencing later on, which required less armor and more speed. The generic thought of warriors today are more barbarians than they are warriors, though I have a feeling that's what you want. Warriors seem to be fine DPS wise to me, but they could use more stamina. What you want sir is a barbarian.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Lack of shield in minecraft makes me disagree. The only thing that would make me want to play a true warrior is the ability to use a shield and that, sadly, does not seem likely to happen. And don't gimme that stupid "use your door as a shield!" because that's retarded and you know it. Whenever I picture a warrior I picture a regular looking guy in a full suit of armor bashing people with his shield.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Lack of shield in minecraft makes me disagree. The only thing that would make me want to play a true warrior is the ability to use a shield and that, sadly, does not seem likely to happen. And don't gimme that stupid "use your door as a shield!" because that's retarded and you know it. Whenever I picture a warrior I picture a regular looking guy in a full suit of armor bashing people with his shield.

That door doesn't work anyway. :p

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
I would say ur looking for a class like "Barbarian" or "Berserker".
Maybe, but from what I know, berserkers are usually the type of warrior that can deal a lot of damage but not take very much. I always imagine them as shirtless with a horned helmet, battle axe, and loin cloth.

shrimpy77

Glowstone
I agree with you a lot! But then again, I still think about things like..... Samurai? Samurai is already 'OP' as people say, but if they had better armor? Imagine how OP that would be? Also, paladins are healing warriors, so they really need that healing to carry on their names. If there was a class to say wouldn't match it's name. I would saw Healer.

JZillifro

Soulsand
shrimpy77 said:
I still think about things like..... Samurai? Samurai is already 'OP' as people say, but if they had better armor? Imagine how OP that would be?

I think you misunderstood me a little. There must be balance of course, if they added more defense to the new class they'd have to take away some of the attack power.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
This is a really good suggestion, but I think you are forgetting the balance they hold already.

It's like a sliding scale of damage dealing and taking damage that goes as so:

Take dmg--------------------------------------------------------------Deal dmg
Paladin-----------------DK---------------Dragoon-------------------Samurai

I think the DK and the Dragoon need to be more "Warrior like" as you suggest. I also think the paladin should heal less, and just take the hits, and then because of that change deal a little more damage then they already do.

You should suggest changes to the DK and Dragoon :)

GraRona

Portal
The problem with what you want is that, how tanky can you make the warriors. I mean if we add all these proposed changes, there will almost be no distinction between classes. Dragoons are different because of jump. Samurais are different because of high sword damage. Dreadknight's are different because they have some DPS skills and Paladins are different because they can tank more than usual while healing as well. If you look at it, all the warrior classes have relatively high hp and decent melee dmg.