• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

What do you want out of a Creative server?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Heralds
Lets get the juices flowing, I'm designing this and getting ready to release it in ~5 days.
  • Plots.
  • Limited WorldEdit. (supporters?)
  • Limited Entities.
  • Limited Creative.
  • No Lag
  • Possible Schematic Saving
  • Chat.
  • Tiers linked with other servers
  • Micro-transactions.
  • No Commandblock usage.
  • Download your own schematic/plot ($$?)
Let me know!

Last edited:

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
Possibility to purchase the ability to transfer a build to a chunk or a 2x2 (or heftier, 3x3) grid of chunks to towny/survival server, and have restrictions on what items/blocks can be transfered over? Such as no chests, no blocks that hold items, no ore blocks, only like wood, wool, glass, and common building materials. That way, people can have the freedom of building in creative rather than survival, and can transfer their expert build to the survival world. Eh?

bradleyley

Glowing Redstone
I feel like the creative server is a good opportunity to open up events other than PVP ones, relating to building or other minigames that can be designed by the community, so that there is less effort for staff to manage or design events.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Currently, it stands that a "perk" of buying t1 is title suffixes. Maybe replace that with World Edit?

EDIT: What does limited creative mean on a creative server?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 7

Rihawk_

Legacy Supporter 4
Canadia! why else would I be so friendly?
I feel like the creative server is a good opportunity to open up events other than PVP ones, relating to building or other minigames that can be designed by the community, so that there is less effort for staff to manage or design events.
I agree with this, one idea I have which is kinda generic is build contests every once in a while (whether they would be bi-monthly even or whatever) that result in the winner getting something like the voter rewards or other things of the sort which would make it worth your while to enter and put some hard work into it. (This is also a great way of generating good builds which could be placed into the other server worlds if the architects or whoever is doing the building gets lazy xD)

Its also just a great place to show off what you can do should the need arise, Iknow for a fact that i wil make use of a creative server!

Last edited:

_Trains_

Obsidian
In the server CreativeFun, you have to vote in order to get w/e. Every time you vote, you get 4h of worldedit.

We could do the same thing, since I know we have tons of voting servers that aren't being used.
hc.to/vote5
hc.to/vote6
hc.to/vote7
hc.to/vote8
hc.to/vote9
hc.to/vote10
hc.to/vote11
hc.to/vote12
hc.to/vote13

Lordofon

Glowing Redstone
It'd be cool to make some buildings in the plot world so I can reach places by flying, maybe we could have a transfer of that building we made in plots over to the survival in turn for an expensive fee. i dunno dood

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
Creative is definitely going to rock as to adding variety to the server. I think one think that may be missing from the lists shown is competitions. Creative is where players should go and express their way of building and show it off, and that alone is reason enough for players to get on creative. But sometimes players might want a goal or something, and make it fun. Maybe we can have monthly or weekly building competitions for things like a royalty plot home, arenas, and just other random stuff. You could pick like 3 judges to judge (I'll gladly volunteer :p). Idk just an idea lol.

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
It'd be cool to make some buildings in the plot world so I can reach places by flying, maybe we could have a transfer of that building we made in plots over to the survival in turn for an expensive fee. i dunno dood
Duplicate suggestions are redundant, I had suggested that already.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'd like to see permission based areas, including:
Private Building area for Architects to use for the Server
Semi-Private Building area for builds that aren't for any specific project (If architects feel like building something randomly) Anyone can view and look, only Architect+ can build.
An area for people to try and join the architects. It'd be cool to see people try to build something new rather than see something old
Obviously regular building zone.

Other suggestion:
Creative staff: Players who can add people to the above zones, possibly clear old/abandoned plots (Creative Mod could be a new spot, or current mods could get)
EVENTS! Building contests, new spleef zones via community submitted Maps, other stuff I'm probably forgetting

Just stuff I've been saying for a while ;P

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Semi-Private Building area for builds that aren't for any specific project (If architects feel like building something randomly) Anyone can view and look, only Architect+ can build.
An area for people to try and join the architects. It'd be cool to see people try to build something new rather than see something old
Obviously regular building zone.

Other suggestion:
Creative staff: Players who can add people to the above zones, possibly clear old/abandoned plots (Creative Mod could be a new spot, or current mods could get)
EVENTS! Building contests, new spleef zones via community submitted Maps, other stuff I'm probably forgetting

Just stuff I've been saying for a while ;P
This is cool, I'm not a huge builder, but having areas where I can just pop in and look at what the architects are up too sounds pretty cool.

Personally i only use creative to make map's or do red stone

so possible the ability to use command blocks and create instances for maps.

You will finally see the true majesty of my boats!

But yes, I agree with Zelkova, it would be great to have a random architect build area, and it would also make applying for the architect position easier when devoted can just go and see builds for himself after posting coords.

Plus the possibility of Event suggestions being mapped out in the public areas would be great.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
You might find some people can build while on the creative server and use their builds instead of grabbing everything off planet minecraft.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
You might find some people can build while on the creative server and use their builds instead of grabbing everything off planet minecraft.
Everything is copied from the architect server to live. With the exception of the actual map.

xBladeDalsmin

Legacy Supporter 8
@Heralds
Lets get the juices flowing, I'm designing this and getting ready to release it in ~5 days.
  • Plots.
  • Limited WorldEdit. (supporters?)
Let me know!

-WE for supporter Tier 7+ possibly? as well as all subscribers?
-Is it reasonably feasible for plots to be combined when bought next to each other for larger building spaces?
-What are the plot sizes even going to be?
-May higher tier subscribers/supporters buy more plots in creative then normal members?

I especially enjoy this separation idea, that way architects can still have space for things they want to surprise the general populous of the server with, while keeping us (the GP) captivated with what they choose to share. +1 :)

Unfortunately, I worry about the effects of having a plot that anyone and everyone can access.