• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

What are "doors and levers"? Town security after the 6th

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Do not rely on this info. This is for discussion only. What's listed here might not be exactly what happens on Friday 6th. I'll update this OP as I get more info.

NOTE: These changes affect PERSONAL REGIONS / RESIDENCES as well!

The forums notice says doors/levers will lose townships protections on the 6th. So what exactly does this cover? Can these mechanisms be LWC'd? And what options will players then have for controlling access to regioned areas?

Which of the following right-click mechanisms will be losing protections on the 6th? @Kainzo @alexhoff1

It appears all these right-click mechanisms will be losing township protection:
  1. oak doors
  2. wooden trapdoors
  3. levers
  4. buttons
  5. signs (for lifts, gates, bridges etc)
From my testing, these can be secured with LWC protections:
  1. oak doors
  2. iron doors (directly on the door)
  3. wooden trapdoors
  4. levers (use either of these flag commands: /credstone on or /lwc flag redstone on)
  5. buttons (as for levers)
  6. (chests, furnaces...)
These can NOT be secured with LWC protections:
  1. 1.8 doors - acacia, dark oak, spruce etc
  2. iron trapdoors (directly on the trapdoor)
  3. signs
As I understand it then, after the 6th players have these options to secure their regioned areas:
  1. dirting over all entries (best practice being with airlocks)
  2. LWCing oak doors, iron doors, wooden trapdoors, levers and buttons
  3. engineer services for redstone torch operated mechanisms, player detector ICs, hidden switches (maaaaaybe) etc.
[USERGROUP=41][USERGROUP=41][USERGROUP=41][USERGROUP=41][USERGROUP=41][USERGROUP=41][USERGROUP=41][USERGROUP=41]@Wiki Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=35][USERGROUP=35][USERGROUP=35][USERGROUP=35][USERGROUP=35][USERGROUP=35][USERGROUP=35][USERGROUP=35]@Guides[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] @BoDuhal @LanyxXavior @Sarelth @alexhoff1 @skittles32009 @Naxet91 @Osmodian @Toshiro_chan @Jonsoon @trapzor @AdrastosArmor

So, one and all, what's right and what's wrong with the above information?

Last edited:

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
So, can levers and buttons somehow be LWC'd?

This old post of Kainzo's indicates a way to do it, but I couldn't get it to work.

Any thoughts, anyone?
Oh no, this still works. Just tested Kainzo's command on that thread, and one one I use, /lwc flag redstone on. Both worked like a charm on my lever. Buttons work in the same fashion.

Signs have never been able to be LWCd on Herocraft, from my memory, nor should they be in my opinion. Lifts would be way too OP, as they are in towns currently.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
My only concern from pushing all these changes to townships is that there is no current way to actually defend a SR other than putting up dirt walls everywhere (really does defeat the purpose of creating a SR). We all know arrow turrets are currently bugged, so why can we not wait until there is a fix put in place before changing all these flags? I'm already struggling with people glitching though gates I've put up (@alexhoff1 being one of them) and I don't want to have to completely wall off the entrances to deny access to certain areas within my SR.

alexhoff1

Gold
My only concern from pushing all these changes to townships is that there is no current way to actually defend a SR other than putting up dirt walls everywhere (really does defeat the purpose of creating a SR). We all know arrow turrets are currently bugged, so why can we not wait until there is a fix put in place before changing all these flags? I'm already struggling with people glitching though gates I've put up (@alexhoff1 being one of them) and I don't want to have to completely wall off the entrances to deny access to certain areas within my SR.

Please show me how I glitched through your gates. P.S. I never got through your gates.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter

True forms of protecting your items are LWCs, this has always been the case. Create airlocks, block off areas, do whatever you have to do.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
True forms of protecting your items are LWCs, this has always been the case. Create airlocks, block off areas, do whatever you have to do.

I haven't got an issue with protecting chests/ items. I've got an issue with not being able to deny certain players access to certain parts of my town. I've put in a temp fix, but it really takes away the main use of gates and bridges in my opinion. Also, this wouldn't be an issue at all if arrow turrets weren't bugged.

Townships is suppose to promote players to build towns and be creative but at the moment, it just feels like I have to build a certain way to get any sort of use from using it.

Last edited:

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
things that still have protections: trapped chests, 1.8 doors (not oak ones), signs

Last edited: