• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

We should use Vent over Mumble if we can't use Teamspeak

Status
Not open for further replies.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Mumble is horrible and is really bad, the sound quality is so hard to configure and everyone on here sounds confined or scratchy and has no working overlay (That is easy to configure at least). Where Teamspeak was flawless and Vent can't be worse than Mumble. I say if we can't use TS we use Vent and trash Mumble.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
I agree with this... Now-A-Days most people have 64-bit computers so the overlay cannot work... at-all... The sound quality is absolutely terrible.

BadHaddy

User Abuser
Mumble uses the same codec as Teamspeak. If there is an issue, its a badly configured client, or the server isnt done being configured...

Ginzuishou

Legacy Supporter 3
Mumble uses the same codec as Teamspeak. If there is an issue, its a badly configured client, or the server isnt done being configured...

I`ve used mumble before as an alternative to Vent and TS and have never once had a problem with it. The quality has always been good for me. I actually prefer it over TS and Vent in most cases as there is virtually no delay between what is said to when it is heard by other people, where as vent and TS both delay it by a good handful of seconds, sometimes up to half a minute. Playing in MOBA`s and MMO`s that 30 seconds can mean the difference between securing a kill and respawning at home. Give the Admins a while to configure it before everyone jumps on the omg mumble sucks bandwagon. I`m sure we, and by that I mean me, can write something on how to configure the client playerside after the admins have finished fine tuning it on their end if needed.

RandomAcronym

Legacy Supporter 6
I`ve used mumble before as an alternative to Vent and TS and have never once had a problem with it. The quality has always been good for me. I actually prefer it over TS and Vent in most cases as there is virtually no delay between what is said to when it is heard by other people, where as vent and TS both delay it by a good handful of seconds, sometimes up to half a minute. Playing in MOBA`s and MMO`s that 30 seconds can mean the difference between securing a kill and respawning at home. Give the Admins a while to configure it before everyone jumps on the omg mumble sucks bandwagon. I`m sure we, and by that I mean me, can write something on how to configure the client playerside after the admins have finished fine tuning it on their end if needed.

....yes,it's better now...sorry. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.