• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Way to talk on in-game chat on your phone?

GriffTV

Legacy Supporter 4
I am sure there is a way and i have an iphone 5s and ive tried using minechat but it did not work and i would really like to know how i would be able to because i would like to carry out my guide duties by helping out while i am sitting in class or at lunch

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I am sure there is a way and i have an iphone 5s and ive tried using minechat but it did not work and i would really like to know how i would be able to because i would like to carry out my guide duties by helping out while i am sitting in class or at lunch
It would require implementation of the client protocol in a mobile application as Minechat does (which doesn't work well with anything that's not vanilla anyway...) or implementation of a new protocol that interfaces with Herochat.

The former you're asking the wrong people, and the latter I somehow doubt will happen.

Naibsel00

Iron
I'm sure there's a way to make it happen, or least have the shout box accessible by mobile devices.
Either way I give this idea +1

MajDeath

Portal
I'm sure there's a way to make it happen, or least have the shout box accessible by mobile devices.
Either way I give this idea +1
The shout box is accessibly by mobile devices as they can access both the internet and the homepage, also I've seen a few messages of people connecting to Herocraft chat through minechat, seems to shove them in whatever channel they were last in.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
The shout box is accessibly by mobile devices as they can access both the internet and the homepage, also I've seen a few messages of people connecting to Herocraft chat through minechat, seems to shove them in whatever channel they were last in.
That's because it does. As stated above, Minechat just partially implements the game's protocol. You connect, as a proper Player, to the game. That also means you can issue commands.
So you connect as usual (vulnerable to being attacked...), and you can talk, switch channels, all you want provided you trust the software not to anger admins and your fingers not to revolt trying to do that on a touch keyboard.