• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Warrior Spec help

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3
Dragoon is a great class if you want to have fun... Jump (lvl 10) is a amazing skill. It can get you out of sticky situations, and is overall a fun skill to use. Charge (lvl 30) is another fun skill. When used it teleports you to the back of your target. Impale (lvl 50) slows your opponent deals (15dmg?) and messes up their PoV (point of view).

If your PvP style is movement, speed, and agility go with Dragoon.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Samurai are a slow starting class with Bleed being your first good spell at level 10. It causes 20 dmg? and hits the opponent with a knockback tick over time. Next is Bladegrasp. You will use this 100% of the time at level 50, but at level 30 when you get it, it only blocks 40% or so and maxes at 90% at level 50. As for using at 30, it may only be a waste of mana where bleed only takes 10 mana and can be a great skill in battle. At level 40 you get cleave, a multiple hitting skill that does 15-20 dmg to 3-5? people. It is very rarely used due to the fact it hits friends too (unless they fixed that) And last is Mortal Wound at 50. It does a few ticks of damage and causes healing to be reduced (Both skills and regen) and does 20 or so dmg. This skill is good against clerics where they do lesser damage anyways.

Hanpeter77

ICE ICE ICE!
Wow me being tagged in a warrior thread? Never thought I would see something like this. But my suggestion is either samurai or dragoon. Dragoons are good at getting into towns and tanking damage from others. The only problems I have with the dragoons is that they are only best with a set of armor. While samurais all you need is a diamond sword and a few iron ingots and your good to go. Samurais are good at countering most classes with the blade grasp and I often find my self using bleed as a slow to interrupt people from running away. If your looking for more of a damage dealer go samurai if you want more tanky and the ability to get inside towns a bit easier go dragoon. But just to warn you the only good dragoons I see on this server are the few that know how to use them to the best of there ability such as when to use certain skills and how to use them.

On another note any samurai's having troubles with mortal wounds not working it seams like it doesnt do any damage right now to others.

Also cleave is only 10 damage to my knowledge. And mortal wounds is 4 ticks for 5 each tick. And I am not sure how much damage bleed does. It also reduces healing from food and spell heals by 50 percent I think.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
well i do like the high damage so samurai is most likely my choice. I can still wait from c12's reply. SOmeone when you see him next to hop on over. Besides smith dragoon

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I may not have played a warrior spec but I know all about them :p

Paladin and DK's have the highest HP, Paladins being the highest, and DKs being right below them at 129 and 119 respectively. Also DK's get Harmtouch, it has a stupidly long cooldown but deals a massive 35 damage, which can easily tilt the battle in your favor. Other notable skills for the DK are becomeDeath (invisible to undead mobs and underwater breathing), and manafreeze, which will stop clerics and geomancers from spamming spells at you all day. They have other skills too, but that's for you to look into. Their axes also do 6 damage, compared to the samurai's 10 and the dragoon's 7.

The paladin on the other hand has 10 more HP than the dreadknight and can wear diamond leggings, (both can wear the diamond chestplate). The paladin doesn't have much for attacking skills, they don't even have smite anymore. However they can heal themselves incrementally, or completely(with a stupidly long cooldown) with Pray and Layhands respectively. They only do 5dmg with diamond swords though. However when you must fight, you can craft a golden sword which does 8dmg, instead of the usual 1+ whatever diamond gives. They also get invuln and endurance, which help stop you from getting hit, even though you already get a stupid amount of HP.

SaberStone

Legacy Supporter 2
This may not be too helpful, but from what I know, Dragoons require skill to use. So if you become a skillful dragoon, chances are you'll be raping almost everyone around(not sure what class is good at anti-dragoon)

Also since i'm a geomancer, like Dielan said, DKs have manafreeze which stops us basically from all combat other than our fail melee damage of 5 with a diamond hoe.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah I've been on another server with the heroes plugin and all warriors got jump so I usuall use that anyway.

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Er... DKs are only good at later levels really. They're like pallys with a bit more damage... skills are more focused on "attacking" rather than "defending" as in the case of the pally.

Harmtouch (level 10) is a good way to automatically gain the upper hand in battle (35dmg!) but has a stupid 15 min cd.

BecomeDeath (idk what level, maybe 15?) makes most hostile mobs passvie to you (good for night traveling) and allows for underwater breathing (your breath bar doesn't go down!). It lasts for a loooooong time too.

Curse (level 40) is somewhat broken, sort of. It's ok compared to bladegrasp, but the annoying thing is you have to target a player. Carry around a stack of books and you don't have to worry about reagents. I think at higher levels comes a higher chance that they will miss.

Curse also, unlike pally "invuln", affects your target, not you. Therefore it could also help your buddies.

Decay (level 45) I imagine is a poison skill, I got 4 more levels for that :p

Drainsoul (level 50) is another direct dmg skill, deals 20 dmg, only it gives you 10 hp (at least that's what the wiki says).

All in all, if you want to have good armor but not have shit dmg (pally does 5 dmg w/ dia sword... compared to DK doing 6 dmg w/ dia axe), then I'd recommend DK.

However in my experience DKs are best in a group, despite having high hp a 1v1 with a samurai/ninja/BM/other dmg dealing class may prove fatal. It's certainly possible to beat them though. I was at the north road one time and was running circles around shrimpy77, and he wasn't hitting me.

I wish you best of luck :D

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Samurais also have disarm which makes the enemy's melee atacks useless for a second or two. During this time you can get a few more hits in without taking any which can turn the tide in your favor.

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
Samurais also have disarm which makes the enemy's melee atacks useless for a second or two. During this time you can get a few more hits in without taking any which can turn the tide in your favor.
Dont all warrior classes have this?..

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Dreadknight does seem appealing. And dragoon does take a lot of skill to use. Yeah. Ummm hmmm this is really hard lol.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Dreadknight does seem appealing. And dragoon does take a lot of skill to use. Yeah. Ummm hmmm this is really hard lol.

What do YOU want to do with your class?

Do you want high damage? Or high utility (which includes HP)?

I see it on a sliding scale:

Utility--------------------------------------------------Damage
Paladin----DK-----------------------Dragoon-------Samurai

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah I like utility with good skills and moderate damage. So most likely dragoon. Since dragoon has good armor and good skills.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Thank you all for your help and I hope to find you all on the battlefield one day. Friend or foe.