• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Warrior/Rogue Stamina

I know that most warrior specs are considered OP at the moment. However, I suggest a change in base warrior skills.

All of the warrior skills consume (more or less) half of the warrior's stamina. No, this class is not based around skills as much as the other classes, but more on armor, but using two of the warrior's skills will result in less than five stamina, forcing the player to wait until pretty much the end of the fight to use another skill.

In addition, having a low amount of stamina makes it impossible for heroes to sprint because of the fact that Minecraft's stamina system works differently than Herocraft's, taking away their fighting/fleeing abilities immensely. Of course, this is not the case with mana because it is a completely new concept in Minecraft. So for warriors and rogues (but more prominently warriors), using two skills renders them almost helpless for the entirety of the battle.

I suggest less stamina cost for these classes. "OP!" I hear you cry. Hear me out. Lower the stamina, but lengthen the cooldown. If not fixing the problem completely, it would at least allow players to sprint during fights.

Thanks,
eliaandliam

EDIT: Grammar/Word choice

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I know the stamina cost may be a little annoying, but as you said warrior is not based around skills.
You need to play your class right, if that means you can't use two skills right after the cd is out, you need to think.
It may feel stupid in PVE, but as I looks at it, it is perfectly balanced in PVP (almost).

EDIT: I ment this for base path, not for specs.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I can see where you're coming from on this. One soulfire and bash and my stamina's gone for the rest of the fight, if it's short. I'd be ok with increasing the cooldown for these skills in return for less stamina use (though, Bash is important in that it's one of the warrior's few tools against casters.)

Though, making it impossible to sprint makes perfect sense. Using up all your stamina SHOULD make you too tired to run, even if only for a few moments.

All in all some good ideas.

Stamina regenerates fairly quickly. I don't want someone to half my hp with 3 skills then when i try to run they instantly catch me because their stamina is still high enough. Increasing cd's wont help it, but decreasing damage will. They relate on armor like you said, running in full armor in real life is like trying to run up a hill, its very tiresome, the fact that they can run like everyone else isn't right imo. But it's mine craft and thats difficult to make work, having your stamina go all out is what i like to see so i can get away quick enough.

They'd hafta rework some numbers for this to work.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
We are not here to create realism within a game constructed of blocks. Arguments like 'Running in armor in real life...' or 'You'd get tired too; swinging a weapon around...' are stupid.

We are not here to create realism within a game constructed of blocks. Arguments like 'Running in armor in real life...' or 'You'd get tired too; swinging a weapon around...' are stupid.
I agree, but i'm still disagreeing with op's statement. Reason being, the numbers are crazy right now; warriors and rogues alike do enough damage at it is. It's very true that this blocky related game isn't suppose to create realism, but the fact that a fully armored goon can run faster, hit harder, and take more hits then most rogue spec's is already ridiculous enough. The stamina system is the only thing that creates classes like these to become far out of control. If ninja's get buffs to stamina, they'd wreck every living person out there. As for the statement of using soulfire and bash, maybe you should use soulfire before you fight?

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree, but i'm still disagreeing with op's statement. Reason being, the numbers are crazy right now; warriors and rogues alike do enough damage at it is. It's very true that this blocky related game isn't suppose to create realism, but the fact that a fully armored goon can run faster, hit harder, and take more hits then most rogue spec's is already ridiculous enough. The stamina system is the only thing that creates classes like these to become far out of control. If ninja's get buffs to stamina, they'd wreck every living person out there. As for the statement of using soulfire and bash, maybe you should use soulfire before you fight?

In regards to the soulfire comment- I don't always know when I'm going to fight, now, do I? ;)

I understand the points made here, but I still think that mana users shouldn't get the additional ability to sprint when they can't use any more skills/spells.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I understand the points made here, but I still think that mana users shouldn't get the additional ability to sprint when they can't use any more skills/spells.

When your'e out of stamina, yeah, no running. Mana though shouldn't have anything to do with this.