• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Warlord - A new class idea.

Do you like this class idea?

• Yes, and it's perfect.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Skaahr

Legacy Supporter 4
I've been having interesting ideas all over the place for classes. Most of them have been impossible (I.E having Tier 2 classes be able to use one skill from another class in their path) or just unbalanced and I don't have the time to fix it. This idea came up to me a little bit less half-baked, and I hope it interests at least someone. I thought of it as a mixture of a Bard and a Paladin or Samurai, but with very slow offensive abilities, with high cooldowns and warmups but good damage. A support/damage tank of a new breed.

"The Warlords are masters of battle, able to shout commands and give their allies strength, while still enjoying the thick of battle themselves. They use their charisma and voices, as well as some magic to control the tide and speed of the battle. Stronger Warlords can control those on the battlefield itself, from tossing enemies into the air to bringing attention from their more fragile allies. Warlords revel in the ability to influence their enemies as well as their allies. They pick up their allies' morale when it is falling low, and leave enemies scarred, showing weakness for all to see."

STATS
Base Health: 750
Base Mana: 700
Tier 2 Class: Overlord
Health Increase per level: 3
Mana Increase per level: 1.25
Weapon of Choice: Sword
Health @ 60: 930
Mana @ 60: 775

ARMOR
Helmet: None
Chestplate: Diamond
Leggings: Iron
Boots: Diamond
Attribute Allocations
Strength: 16 | Constitution: 20 | Endurance: 18 | Dexterity: 8 | Intellect: 13 | Wisdom: 5 | Charisma: 21

Skills
(I'm likely going to mess with these as I try to reach a good balance. Any suggestions will be appreciated.)
AhVAAGA.png
Strengths:
This class has the ability to buff damage and speed, much like Bard. More than that, it can add knockback resistance as well.
It has high damage abilities, and has a few good tanking skills. It works well with other Warriors or classes with high weapon damage capabilities.

Weaknesses:
The Warlord requires all allies to be nearby in order to use its party skills correctly. More than that, some of the skills it has, namely HoldTheLine, does not work well with classes that focus on mobility such as the Ninja, or classes that are fragile such as the Wizard.
The Warlord also has no healing abilities, making it easy for the Warlord to put itself in positions it cannot get out of.
The Warlord has the lowest Endurance of all the Warrior classes, and some of the highest Stamina consumption.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ice

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I've been having interesting ideas all over the place for classes. Most of them have been impossible (I.E having Tier 2 classes be able to use one skill from another class in their path) or just unbalanced and I don't have the time to fix it. This idea came up to me a little bit less half-baked, and I hope it interests at least someone. I thought of it as a mixture of a Bard and a Paladin or Samurai, but with very slow offensive abilities, with high cooldowns and warmups but good damage. A support/damage tank of a new breed.
This seems like a warrior bard hybrid...a little more damage for little less support. I like the idea, and it seems well put together.

STATS
Base Health: 750
Base Mana: 700
Tier 2 Class: Overlord
Health Increase per level: 3
Mana Increase per level: 1.25
Weapon of Choice: Axe
Health @ 60: 930
Mana @ 60: 775

ARMOR
Head: None
Body: Diamond
Legs: Iron
Boots: Diamond
Attribute Allocations
Strength: 19 | Constitution: 20 | Endurance: 15 | Dexterity: 5 | Intellect: 5 | Wisdom: 12 | Charisma: 24

Skills
(I'm likely going to mess with these as I try to reach a good balance. Any suggestions will be appreciated.)

cYyYFF4.png
This is an interesting warrior bard hybrid, but for that reason I'm not sure if it could make the cut, cause it might actually phase out bard. The buffs aren't exactly better than a bard's, but his survivabity and the direct effect it can have on the fight might make it just a little better.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
This is an interesting warrior bard hybrid, but for that reason I'm not sure if it could make the cut, cause it might actually phase out bard. The buffs aren't exactly better than a bard's, but his survivabity and the direct effect it can have on the fight might make it just a little better.
I forgot to add some pointers:

If new stuff is added, it most likely won't be a support or warrior class. That said, I'm sure with a little more work this could actually be an interesting addition.

First bit: Health boost skills are a nono. The way minecraft treats health boost is to boost health without a heal. I get that it's intended on your end, but it just comes off as a little clunky. I suggest adding one more damage skill, but that's my personal opinion, and I'm far from a balance master.

Second bit: As I said, this is dangerously close to bard. I'm not sure if that can be fixed though.

Skaahr

Legacy Supporter 4
I forgot to add some pointers:

If new stuff is added, it most likely won't be a support or warrior class. That said, I'm sure with a little more work this could actually be an interesting addition.

First bit: Health boost skills are a nono. The way minecraft treats health boost is to boost health without a heal. I get that it's intended on your end, but it just comes off as a little clunky. I suggest adding one more damage skill, but that's my personal opinion, and I'm far from a balance master.

Second bit: As I said, this is dangerously close to bard. I'm not sure if that can be fixed though.

That's true. I figured the Bard has a few more utility abilities, like waterbreathing and safefall. This was meant to be a bit more combat-oriented, I'll mess around and see what I can do. I'll phase out the healthboosts by the morning, if Minecraft doesn't handle them right after all, and add something else in its place.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
That's true. I figured the Bard has a few more utility abilities, like waterbreathing and safefall. This was meant to be a bit more combat-oriented, I'll mess around and see what I can do. I'll phase out the healthboosts by the morning, if Minecraft doesn't handle them right after all, and add something else in its place.
Cool, cool. I like the concept, really. You did some fine work writing out all the numbers, and although I'm not particularly savvy with my balance knowledge, I know minecraft mechanics VERY well. It all around seems simple enough to actually make many of these skills, I know I can with a few command blocks (although without the hero UI or Macros.) My point is you did some work on this, and I hope you succeed.

ncbugboy

Legacy Supporter 4
Yes please. It has been a VERY long time since a new class has been added. While as alchemist said, this is pretty close to bard, some tweaking and it could be a great class. Gj

Ice

Heroes Never Die
Yes please. It has been a VERY long time since a new class has been added. While as alchemist said, this is pretty close to bard, some tweaking and it could be a great class. Gj
*ahem* i posted a class suggestion as well lol

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
This class idea is a great example of how good lore can change the style and feel of a class; many of the skills are quite similar to Bard.

Two things I want to point out:

1. The detail of the stats, and how you used that chart template for the skills is great, anyone with class ideas should definitely use yours as a prime example of an effective presentation.
  2. There are some pretty cool skills that we could possibly take from this:
  • HoldTheLine
  • Leash (Thresh anyone?)
  • Pledge

Last edited:
I like this idea mainly because it doesn't fit into any of the archetypes of the other classes. It's not just a rebranded bard or warrior, it's something new with a new playstyle that could be interesting.

Skaahr

Legacy Supporter 4
This class idea is a great example of how lore can change the style and feel of a class; many of the skills are quite similar to Bard.

Two things I want to point out:

1. The detail of the stats, and how you used that chart template for the skills is great, anyone with class ideas should definitely use yours as a prime example of an effective presentation.
  2. There are some pretty cool skills that we could possibly take from this:
  • HoldTheLine
  • Leash (Thresh anyone?)
  • Pledge
Thanks for the feedback. The chart was a pain to mess around with; the forums don't seem to support HTML table codes. HoldTheLine was one of the abilities I was a little concerned about as I don't know how easy it would be to code. Leash was easily one of my favourites though.

Skaahr

Legacy Supporter 4
- CHANGELOG -

I made some changes based on the feedback I got today. So far those changes are:
- Switched Rally with a new Positions skill
- Made changes to Prelude, it now gives knockback resistance instead.
- Made certain skills incompatible with other skills that do the same thing.
- Edited Wrath to have an advanced Taunt effect and removed its damage.
- Edited WarCry to have a Taunt effect and removed its silencing. Increased its damage.
- A few cosmetic changes to the chart (Thanks, Microsoft Word 2013!)
- Added a 400 HP reagent to Pledge so it can't be used directly before death.

@FaZeAlpine @iAlchemist

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I agree the skill chart is nice, however technically Shield isn't under skills but rather an offhand attribute, which isn't fully implemented into the wiki's system(only cleric has it right now).

I've always liked classes that focus on buffing their party, but again Bard does that.

When Shaman was being teased, I had a bit of a different idea for it, the class that came out did a bit too much damage for my taste.

It's hard to create really cool support classes, but I would say, to make it more unique, take out some of the damaging abilities and add some CC.

You mentioned Valor only being used in combat, but speed breaks at any damage taken, so I can see this skill not really being that helpful. It might have been in attempt to avoid Bard's Accelerando.

This class also has some low mana for the costs, one skill costing more than half, and another costing the full mana bar. This would then play into the usability of the class, lots of skills that you can never use. It might be me but the attributes might be a bit too balanced to the class, both in the allocation and how the class scales off so much.

Skill names are interesting, also note the "wrath" already exists as a Cleric/Vicar skill.

I'll add more as I think of it.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
- CHANGELOG -

I made some changes based on the feedback I got today. So far those changes are:
- Switched Rally with a new Positions skill
- Made changes to Prelude, it now gives knockback resistance instead.
- Made certain skills incompatible with other skills that do the same thing.
- Edited Wrath to have an advanced Taunt effect and removed its damage.
- Edited WarCry to have a Taunt effect and removed its silencing. Increased its damage.
- A few cosmetic changes to the chart (Thanks, Microsoft Word 2013!)
- Added a 400 HP reagent to Pledge so it can't be used directly before death.

@FaZeAlpine @iAlchemist
I agree with most of these changes except the reagent cost of 400 heslth. To quickly ask, is it going to take the 400 health, or just check to see if the player has 400 health or more?

I'm assuming it's the second one. I don't think people activating that skill before their own death would be a big issue with balance, simply because as a unit you're dying and contributing one last bit to the battlefield. Instead of a heAlth reagent, maybe you should make it cost a very high stamina cost or mana cost, so that the player can't just chain into it effortlessly before dying. It's either use that skill, or dont and use a different set of skills.

That being said, I dont think that's all that bad to begin with.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Thanks for the feedback. The chart was a pain to mess around with; the forums don't seem to support HTML table codes. HoldTheLine was one of the abilities I was a little concerned about as I don't know how easy it would be to code. Leash was easily one of my favourites though.
Your chart was well worth the effort. It makes your suggestion look amazing, very clean and like you put some time/thought into it.

I like that you included a very nice set of numbers, but this is a very support heavy looking class so you would need to see how it actually plays with others.
Other than that, the class seems fun, fairly unique (even though it's similar to bard, the skills are very different) and to me just seems like it could fit into a cool spot. As josh said supports are weird to make and even though it's similar to bard with buffing, the other skills give it a unique style of its own.

For me balancing on a suggestion isn't a huge issue because none of those numbers will be accurate unless tested, I just look for cool ideas in classes :D

Skaahr

Legacy Supporter 4
I agree the skill chart is nice, however technically Shield isn't under skills but rather an offhand attribute, which isn't fully implemented into the wiki's system(only cleric has it right now).

I've always liked classes that focus on buffing their party, but again Bard does that.

When Shaman was being teased, I had a bit of a different idea for it, the class that came out did a bit too much damage for my taste.

It's hard to create really cool support classes, but I would say, to make it more unique, take out some of the damaging abilities and add some CC.

You mentioned Valor only being used in combat, but speed breaks at any damage taken, so I can see this skill not really being that helpful. It might have been in attempt to avoid Bard's Accelerando.

This class also has some low mana for the costs, one skill costing more than half, and another costing the full mana bar. This would then play into the usability of the class, lots of skills that you can never use. It might be me but the attributes might be a bit too balanced to the class, both in the allocation and how the class scales off so much.

Skill names are interesting, also note the "wrath" already exists as a Cleric/Vicar skill.

I'll add more as I think of it.
I didn't know that Speed breaks on combat. I'd thought that was just an Accelerando thing, which is why I made it Speed 1 instead of 3. I'll have to take a look at that. I was also going pretty hardcore with the Mana and Stamina costs, in an attempt to balance it out with the damage. Adding CC is an interesting idea that I'll admit, I didn't think of. I'll switch up the attributes too, I was thinking about that.

Your chart was well worth the effort. It makes your suggestion look amazing, very clean and like you put some time/thought into it.

I like that you included a very nice set of numbers, but this is a very support heavy looking class so you would need to see how it actually plays with others.
Other than that, the class seems fun, fairly unique (even though it's similar to bard, the skills are very different) and to me just seems like it could fit into a cool spot. As josh said supports are weird to make and even though it's similar to bard with buffing, the other skills give it a unique style of its own.

For me balancing on a suggestion isn't a huge issue because none of those numbers will be accurate unless tested, I just look for cool ideas in classes :D

Thank you! I've actually been messing with it since I woke up today.

I agree with most of these changes except the reagent cost of 400 heslth. To quickly ask, is it going to take the 400 health, or just check to see if the player has 400 health or more?

I'm assuming it's the second one. I don't think people activating that skill before their own death would be a big issue with balance, simply because as a unit you're dying and contributing one last bit to the battlefield. Instead of a heAlth reagent, maybe you should make it cost a very high stamina cost or mana cost, so that the player can't just chain into it effortlessly before dying. It's either use that skill, or dont and use a different set of skills.

That being said, I dont think that's all that bad to begin with.

I was thinking about how overpowered it would be to just suddenly have a 2s stun because you killed one of the enemies. I'll have to mess around with it.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I really appreciate the amount of time you put in for this, the class seems like a pretty cool idea, but of course some balancing needs to be done. But as egor said in game, this unfortunately can't happen unless a coder is interested and picks it up.