• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Warden Class Suggestion

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
So someone suggested that another class used shields other than Paladin. Also, Dragoon is the only class that uses spears. What do I, personally think when I hear shield and spear? I think Warden. So what I've got in mind is a new warrior class that uses spears and shields, and also has cc skills, as Wardens are supposed to lock peeps up in a dungeon where they eat like once a week. Anyway, I know you might be thinking,"But Samurai is already going to come back to be the new warrior class, right?" And I'm answering, maybe, yea, probably, eh whatever I'm suggesting this anyway. Plus, all these restraining skills would be fun to go against as a ninja. Which I am.
So here's a neat description of the class with an example skill set thrown together in about 20 minutes.

Name: Warden
Focus: Crowd Control + Ally Defense
Desc: The Warden is a protector of the law. You break it, you'll buy it. With ten years in prison, tied up from the Warden's restraining skills.
Skill Set Example:
Name: Shield
Level: 1
Desc: You can use shields. Trapdoor: Reduces incoming damage by 15%. Wooden Door: Reduces incoming Damage by 20%. Reduces speed by 5%. Iron Door: Reduces incoming damage by 25%. Reduces speed by 10%
Cost: Passive
CD: Passive
Name: Strike
Desc: You violently strike your target (within 4 blocks) for (35 + 1 per strength point) damage and cause them to bleed for (7 + 0.225 per strength point) damage every 1.5 seconds over 3 seconds.
Cost: 200
CD: 8sec
Name: Javelin
Desc: You throw a javelin by right clicking with a stick, dealing 45 physical damage with a 5% chance for bleed.
Cost: Stick, 100 Stamina
CD: 3sec
Name: Restraining Strike
Level: 5
Desc: You strike your target for 15 physical damage, with an 80% chance to apply Slowness II and a 20% chance to root the enemy.
Cost: 100 Mana, 50 Stamina
CD: 15sec
Name: ApprehendingHook
Level: 10
Desc: Your next javelin will pull the target towards you, leaving only 2 blocks between you.
Cost: 1 String, 80 Mana, 200 Stamina
CD: 25sec
Name: Snare
Level: 15
Desc: Places a snare(String) on the ground. Stays for 10 minutes unless damage is done to it. Enemies that walk on the snare will be slowed and take a small amount of damage.
Cost: String, 40 Mana, 80 Stamina
CD: 120sec
Name: Stance
Level: 25
Desc: The Warden can now switch stances to do more ranged damage, or to do more effective crowd controls.
Cost: 200 Stamina
CD: 5sec
Name: FirstAid
Level: 30
Desc: Every warden's got to know first aid. Takes 6 seconds to warm up. Heals 200hp if in ranged stance, 250hp if in cc stance. If the warden is damaged while using FirstAid, it is cancelled and has a 3 minute cd.
Cost: Paper, 100 Stamina
CD: 60sec
Name: DefensiveStrikes
Level: 40
Desc: The warden sacrifices 40% of their damage to focus on parrying attacks. 40% DMG Decrease, 40% Block Chance
Cost: 200 Mana
CD: 120sec
Name: Safeguard
Level: 45
Desc: Must be holding Shield. The Warden holds up their shield, defending allies around them within 5 blocks, although taking 10% more damage themselves.
Cost: 50 Mana, 300 Stamina
CD: 60sec
Name: Constraint
Level: 50
Desc: The warden ties up the enemy for 4 seconds, with a 30% break chance on hit. If tied up from behind, lasts for 6 seconds.
Cost: 2 String
CD: 30sec
Name: ShieldSpikes
Level: 60
Desc: The Warden applies spikes to their shield, causing enemies who hit them to be slowed and damaged for a small amount. Lasts 30 seconds. Only effective when holding the shield.
Cost: 80 Mana, 200 Stamina, 1 Iron Ingot
CD: 45sec
Name: AccurateStrike
Level: 65
Desc: The warden strikes the enemy with a strong strike that cannot be stopped by parries, shields, or a missing curse. 10% chance to apply a bleed. 15% chance to apply slowness. 5% chance to apply both.
Cost: 300 Mana, 500 Stamina
CD: 45sec
Name: ZealousResistance
Level: 70
Desc: The warden gains 10 constitution, is instantly healed 200hp, and gains regeneration of 10hp per second for 10 seconds.
Cost: 300 Mana, 500 Stamina, Poppy(Flower)
CD: 15min
Also, got an idea AFTER I made the example skill set, it'd be cool if there was a system where certain skills require something like momentum, which is built from other skills.
For example,
Skill A builds 2 momentum. Skill B requires 5 momentum, max momentum btw. Skill C builds 3 momentum. The warden uses skills A and C and then can use the awesome skill B.
Anyway, you get the idea. Thoughts?

Also, tyvm to thesaurus for helping with some of these skill names.

Last edited:

dingytoothpaste

Glowing Redstone
I certainly like this Idea, a lot of work will obviously have to be put into it to make it compatible. I like the idea of stances but I think if that's going to be implemented, it will have to have a greater significance to all of the wardens skills. hmm yeh thinking about it I really love the idea of a spear and a shield wielding highly defensive warrior class.

Here's some quick little suggestions I can think of on the spot -

Restraining Strike (perhaps changed to Forceful Flurry, Forceful Glare but I'm not sure what to call it, something that indicates the Warden if forcing that individual to attack him and no one else) The Warden focuses his/her attacks to one individual, forcing the opponent to give the Warden his/her's full attention. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to code but it would mean the targeted guy's gaze is forced on the warden for say 2/3 sec + (0.05*strength). After activation the Warden's next basic attack will apply this affect to the recipient as long as they are within 3 blocks from the Warden and continue to do so while the recipient is affected otherwise it will wear off. This might full into the Warden's lore of protecting other squishy characters such as wizards for example? If this is hard to code then slowness 2 for 4 sec would be a good alternative?

ApprehendingHook - Perhaps just change this to a target skill instead of a manually aimed one? and the range in blocks could be affected by strength e.g. It could have a 6 base range and then be increased by (0.2*strength)? Perhaps a small amount of damage could be added as well.

Snare's probably a bit op only due to the long duration but I'm not sure - it would have to be tested properly :p my guess is if one person can be targeted with the string they'd get jumped very quickly and die. Maybe reducing the time it lasts for and making it more like the Necromancers ability might work better?

How would safeguard defend allies? Would it add a buff?

Not sure about constraint - It seems like a hard to feat to just tie someone up during combat :p A 4 second stun might be necessary for firstaid as it would be easily interrupted otherwise.

ShieldSpikes - instead of this perhaps the Warden could gain a passive of a certain level of the Thorns enchant and the name could be changed to 'Retaliation'. Indicating that the Warden has good defence and is adept at retaliating enemies?

Accurate Strike is needed, i'd probably say it should have a damage of around 120 -150, with a lowish cd.

I quite like his ultimate, 10hp a second it quite a lot so it probably should go on for long.

These are all quick little ideas to throw into the mix which you don't have to agree with :p Overall I really like this idea to have a very supportive fighter class, especially using a shield and a spear :) Hope I gave you some food for thought ^^ Oh and btw, if this is filled with literacy errors I apologise but after writing all this I really can't be bothered to go over it :p

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Snare's probably a bit op only due to the long duration but I'm not sure - it would have to be tested properly :p my guess is if one person can be targeted with the string they'd get jumped very quickly and die. Maybe reducing the time it lasts for and making it more like the Necromancers ability might work better?
People would be able to break the snare with AoEs if there are too many people in the way killing them. Also if they have room, they can just punch it and they're out. Also, about how the CD is less than duration, if you place a second snare, the first one disappears. That way people can't place a giant wall of snares.
How would safeguard defend allies? Would it add a buff?
It would give the nearby allies like resistance 10 or something. Some high amount of resistance. Maybe also give them slowness 1? Maybe idk.
Not sure about constraint - It seems like a hard to feat to just tie someone up during combat
With this maybe the enemy would have to either:
1.) Be slowed.
2.) Not be in combat.
That would make it make more sense. Also it allows for yey combos, snare then constraint.
ApprehendingHook - Perhaps just change this to a target skill instead of a manually aimed one? and the range in blocks could be affected by strength e.g. It could have a 6 base range and then be increased by (0.2*strength)? Perhaps a small amount of damage could be added as well.
Yep. That'd work better. And also @ everything else yep sounds good.

dingytoothpaste

Glowing Redstone
Awesome, I agree with what you wrote. Now all we need is for the people we don't pay to go out of their way to spend a lot of hours implementing this for us :D :p

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Does
mean sarcasm? Bc if it does, I argue, how is the skill OP? It's the ultimate, and has a 15 minute cd. Also, it only heals 300 hp total. Layhands is able to heal up like 1200 hp if you use it when you're really low.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Does mean sarcasm? Bc if it does, I argue, how is the skill OP? It's the ultimate, and has a 15 minute cd. Also, it only heals 300 hp total. Layhands is able to heal up like 1200 hp if you use it when you're really low.
layhands doesn't heal the caster full

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Cuz I mean it should obviously be able to heal 250 hp :/ not op at all right there
Oh firstaid. My bad. A second time. It takes (edited) 6 seconds to warmup. Not really for during battle. Added - Getting hit while using it will cancel it.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Also, guys note that that is just an example skill set, mainly just to show what kind of style I'm suggesting. It is extremely likely if not definitely going to change if the class were to be made.

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
Cleric Sacredtouch has 190 base, scales +4 per wis and has like 15 sec cd, But this class having a 300hp heal as an ultimate would be op?

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
one thing that i would change for the above suggested skills:

Strike: does exactly as mentioned above when done with a Spear. When used with a shield though it should have a knockback effect. Greater effect for each respective shield (Trapdoor 5 blocks, Wood Door 7, Iron Door 10, or something along those lines)

As a warden who uses a shield for CC Riot Guard Style this would make sense for temporarily stunning an enemy in order to deal with the others then get back to the one knocked back/down. Sort of a temporary reprieve when dealing with large groups

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
@HeroGuy426 didn't you call me a hacker once? XD kk back on topic, mabye change first aid to mend or bandage but heal for like 70 have 3.sec warmup and 3-5 sec cd

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
@HeroGuy426 didn't you call me a hacker once? XD kk back on topic, mabye change first aid to mend or bandage but heal for like 70 have 3.sec warmup and 3-5 sec cd
1.) Yea I think so, I believe I said something along the lines of,"Haxor m8 don try t figt Jup 2 op" I'm not sure though. Either that or I told you to use a class other than Druid because you were kiting me and I got rekt.
2.) Anyway, back on topic, your edits would work better, but worse because they're too better. Meaning it would be good to have a reduce in cd, which means a debuff in heals, but 3-5 seconds cd and 3 second warmup means that they will be able to heal themselves during battle by simply getting some distance by using strike while holding a shield or by rooting the enemy and healing. The idea is that it's supposed to be something to get you back in battle faster after you've fought someone. So a warmup like 6 seconds makes sure that no one can easily use it during battle. A cd of 20 seconds would work, as healing to full health should still take a bit. tl;dr That cd and warmup don't seem to work for the purpose of the skill, longer cd, longer warmup, a bit more heals. Maybe just change the original skill to 100 hp and it's fine. As this is supposed to be an ooc, get back in the fight faster skill.

Also,
Guys, note that that is just an example skill set, mainly just to show what kind of style I'm suggesting. It is extremely likely if not definitely going to change if the class were to be made.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
The momentum thing sounds exactly the way Ara works in Elsword, tbh.
Haven't taken a look at the other stuff yet, the momentum stuff just cought my eye.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
@HeroGuy426 yeah those ideas are pretty good but I see this being to close to paladin and btw I just looked at screens you alled me a knockback hacker when I was disc or rb