• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion War/Raiding Plugin development

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Perhaps instead of subtracting from the actual town bank it puts a lien on the town and they cannot upgrade until its paid off - so it has to be paid eventually if the town ever wants to expand. For small towns of 6-10 people who don't care if they ever become anything other than a hamlet it will not affect them, but for towns with aspirations of being larger they have to pay of the debt.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I as a EU player can easily log on with only 15 other players online and drain a town for money. Even if I lose money myself, I could easily do it just to damage the town I attack. Or it could work against EU players. Say i'm mayor of a EU town, we log off cuz it's late in EU. 10 min later 5 people from the 5 different LO (Using LO as example since you guys have a lot of towns) towns arrives and places down 5 outposts. When I log on next afternoon, my townbank has lost around 4K
Not really balanced.

The thing is, it doesn't really work. It can't be realistic because there are times no one will be on. When I am online after school, there are 15-20 people on from 1-3 different towns or the greylist world. I could easily abuse it for several hours.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
I as a EU player can easily log on with only 15 other players online and drain a town for money. Even if I lose money myself, I could easily do it just to damage the town I attack. Or it could work against EU players. Say i'm mayor of a EU town, we log off cuz it's late in EU. 10 min later 5 people from the 5 different LO (Using LO as example since you guys have a lot of towns) towns arrives and places down 5 outposts. When I log on next afternoon, my townbank has lost around 4K
Not really balanced.

The thing is, it doesn't really work. It can't be realistic because there are times no one will be on. When I am online after school, there are 15-20 people on from 1-3 different towns or the greylist world. I could easily abuse it for several hours.

On that note, I'm an OZ player. So that's a completely different timezone. xD

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
And how is this related to my post?

You're an EU player talking about timezone issues (You're on when there aren't a lot of people online). I'm an OZ player talking about timezone issues (I'm on when there aren't a lot of people online). At least, that's one of the things I got from your post. *Shrug*

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
You're an EU player talking about timezone issues (You're on when there aren't a lot of people online). I'm an OZ player talking about timezone issues (I'm on when there aren't a lot of people online). At least, that's one of the things I got from your post. *Shrug*
Yeah, but this is a suggestion thread so if you qoute a post you should have a counter-suggestion or feedback :p

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Not really balanced.

The thing is, while that's a problem, the scaling for having multiple towns attacking one town should be pretty harsh
1.5x for 2 towns, 2x for 3 towns, 2.25 for 4 towns, 2.5 for 5 towns. So it costs you ton of money to start a war, and while you do damage, you're doing the same amount of damage, but to each of your own town banks. That's 5k on the other side, + outpost item costs for maybe 1k damage done to the town.
Since you guys are EU time, you can clear out the outposts when the attackers aren't on, so you do an additional 500 damage to each of the towns, and gain 250c from each. You just made money from this attack.
I don't know if it's possible to adjust cooldowns on the fly, but reducing the cooldown on purge outpost scaling by the number of towns attacking should also be done. So more towns attacking means you have to cast more purge spells, but you can cast them since your cd is shorter

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo
I think there's been a lot of back and forth on this idea, and it has it's pros and cons, but I think it would add a whole new dimension to Herocraft.

Is this a direction that you might be interested in taking Herocraft?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kainzo
I think there's been a lot of back and forth on this idea, and it has it's pros and cons, but I think it would add a whole new dimension to Herocraft.

Is this a direction that you might be interested in taking Herocraft?
I definitely think its cool, but I havent had a chance to read through it all yet.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I definitely think its cool, but I havent had a chance to read through it all yet.
Do you think it would be somewhat codeable?
I tried to stick with things that are already part of HC, (e.g. regions, townbank stuff, spells). But there would have to be additions to the town system in order to make wars work.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Seems like this system can adapt to my guild system looky here (click) <-- link
Yeah, it's an interesting idea, but would it preclude independent guilds? What if your guild wants to be like an assassin's guild, or a non-pvp guild.

That being said, I was trying to consider if we want to work guilds into this system as well, but for now I want to see if Kainzo wants to move in this direction in the first place.

Yeah, it's an interesting idea, but would it preclude independent guilds? What if your guild wants to be like an assassin's guild, or a non-pvp guild.

That being said, I was trying to consider if we want to work guilds into this system as well, but for now I want to see if Kainzo wants to move in this direction in the first place.
well non-pvp guilds and assassin guilds are all the inner works of guild. The leader of the guild has to either work on getting peace with other alliances to be non pvp for example. Assassin guilds can enforce killing those only on the hit boards. You dont need any plugin configuration for this.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Just reread the vassal situation alternative. I think that that solves a lot of quarrels that people may have with this suggestion.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Just reread the vassal situation alternative. I think that that solves a lot of quarrels that people may have with this suggestion.
Yeah, was hoping to add something to allow small towns to have some sort of protection, and I think it fits well with roleplaying and diplomacy on the server

Did this type of system on a different server a year ago. Server lost tons of players and almost died because of its unbalances.