• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

War of the Nations Boycott

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
no, minecraft just got boring, nothing to do with hc. Lots of the old pvp'ers that dont play the hc anymore left because the game got old. The game isnt in its hay day like it used to be.

Your answer is kind of correct like it pissed off people but thing is people considered pvp killing noobs and when the noobs went to pve it was no fun. But the pvp'ers were still there at the start so the fact they left meant they were sick of fighting the same people because it was repetitive. It's not like potpvp servers with 8 30man power factions and heaps of other little factions to fight.

Fair enough.

Ehh. I swear, this pvp vs pve thing... Like, as a PvE player, i just chill in dungeons and dont have a base. I'm really safe just grinding and leveling and going to spawn and repeating. You guys have options to avoid being killed... its just that towns are part of the pvp now. But I can tell ya, soon as i get the souls, I'm getting my LWC chest deep underground so i can store my valuables then go raid towns. If you town folk were smart, you'd have seperate individual hidey holes and not be so reliant on your town. Make a vault. play smart. Disband the township if you hate it so much, and just make a few lwc chests deep underground and a few crops, not like you need much more then that. protect the chests, log off saturday, come back sunday and go back to whatever is you town people do. and once ya have enough coins, make a nation and opt out. I fail to see how this is complicated. Personally... I have the best of both worlds, and ya'll just need to adapt to it so you can enjoy the game too.

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
In my eyes, the nation war is a -Op players dominate non Op players- fest. Not everyone has the funds to opt out either. towns and nations should have the choice to declare war on certain towns every day, giving the players and the towns the choice to go to war, instead of forcing all towns into doom on one day :p

Why not just make a bunch of needlessly elaborate traps? Traps are fun.

"Oh, what a lovely path down this alleyway!"
Nope, it's retractable. Die in lava.

"Ha! If anyone wanders into this 1x2 hallway they can't avoid my skills!"
Well, there is a flaming turret in that hallway. Have fun.

"Hmm, why is the ceiling so high?"
Get buried by sand.

"What's this dripping down from the entrance to the town?"
This answer, after this short lever pull: lava.

And the creativity goes on and on. When I was bored on the old servers I used to play on I would just fill my entire house with traps so that there was only a single path through it without injuring yourself or dying. At one point it got so elaborate I made decoy houses sitting on beds of TNT. You have no idea how many times I rebuilt those things.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
@Kainzo as the population chart provides below, the numbers show that the war is a dud. The population increased slightly on Saturdays for two weeks, then dropped back to pre-war levels with a showing of slight decline.

Please remove Saturday war, or for heaven's sake, please allow towns to be granted full immunity opt-out. The benefit of a town is worthless when anyone can simply blow through the walls with impunity. We cannot operate with any level of enduring functionality: no livestock (as they are killed every weekend), no vault (as every chest has to have a LWC in it...and even for 9 townsfolk, that is LWC for 100 chests), and no FUN...the latter which will kill a server faster than any other factor known to man, woman, or child.

Please seriously reconsider. Thank you.

-yav

HC population.jpg

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
@Kainzo as the population chart provides below, the numbers show that the war is a dud. The population increased slightly on Saturdays for two weeks, then dropped back to pre-war levels with a showing of slight decline.

Please remove Saturday war, or for heaven's sake, please allow towns to be granted full immunity opt-out. The benefit of a town is worthless when anyone can simply blow through the walls with impunity. We cannot operate with any level of enduring functionality: no livestock (as they are killed every weekend), no vault (as every chest has to have a LWC in it...and even for 9 townsfolk, that is LWC for 100 chests), and no FUN...the latter which will kill a server faster than any other factor known to man, woman, or child.

-yav

View attachment 11062

To be fair you can just make an obsidian vault at the center of your town at bedrock level with a lift down sign. There you can comfortably store multiple chests with relative confidence that people will have a much harder time raiding it. The way TNT works with regen currently makes raiding underground, fortified obby bases extremely discouraging and complicated to raid, especially if you have a larger town, and a few layers of obby surrounding the vault.

The livestock problem could be considered a problem if every town actively saw the need to have a large amount of livestock. In terms of food, crops suffice, leaving the main use for livestock to be leather.

In response to:

no FUN...
Its no fun for people seeking to PVP and raid to sit outside a town's walls not being able to do anything while you afk playing League, building a fake sky for your undercity, and tending to your sheep.

Last edited:

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter

-yav

View attachment 11062
Well those drops are from there not being war for the last 2 weeks. So war does increase the server population