• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Want to play another game when you're not on minecraft? Try this.

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Eve online. Yes it's pay to play, but its less then $4 a week, so worth it. Check it out:

The game is based on the economy/pvp, but you can also play pve, rts, etc.
I've played this game for a few weeks, and it's freakin' amazing!
And if you've got a PS3, you get even more benefits since CCP is linking EVE online with one of the new fps games coming out on ps3. The games will have your money linked between PS3 and PC, so you could earn money however you want. Here's a trailer:

Anyways, If you're interested in trying this game, I can send you a 21 day trial version (I've only got like 8 left this month, 10 every month).

The game's got a SUPER steep learning curve. Like really really steep. Hard to get into it if you arn't dedicated.

So if you're still genuinely interested in trying this game and think that it'll be a game you would be willing to pay for, post your email and I can send you a 21 day trial.

I'm part of a corp that welcomes new players, so you wont have to worry about that.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Hmm no way to delete posts? Oh well. Pretty much the game is really annoying to learn to play as you said lol, and it lags slightly even with everything turned down and I pass the recommended requirements. Or that is just how the game is supposed to be, dunno, don't like this game though.

Looked really bad ass, sucks that it wasn't.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
No, mac sucks lol. Also I am building a better one, we've been over this before and it leads back to paypal being faggots and my account still being locked until october.

Current one is 2.1GHz dual core, 3GB DDR3 ram, and a Radeon HD 4250 graphics card. Not good, but not bad either.

R3xz

Glowstone
If you have an integrated graphic card, forget playing any worthwhile games (except minecraft).

I bought an EVGA 9800 GTX+ in 2006/7 from a friend for 100 bucks and it still serves me really well to this day.

EDIT: Also, im really tempted to try and play EVE but i know a friend who is like insanely addicted in playing it so I don't want to fall down the same path lol. WoW had already ruined a portion of my high school life. :p
That game Dust look pretty sick though, i might get it for PS3.

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
EDIT: Also, im really tempted to try and play EVE but i know a friend who is like insanely addicted in playing it so I don't want to fall down the same path lol. WoW had already ruined a portion of my high school life. :p
That game Dust look pretty sick though, i might get it for PS3.
You can get addicted to eve, but you cant play it for more then 3 or 4 hours a day. unless you afk mine it. there's really not much you can do but learn for the first few weeks, the game is very complicated.

If you have an integrated graphic card, forget playing any worthwhile games (except minecraft).
My friend's $300 emachine can run eve with close to no lag most of the time.

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
I've been playing for a bit now. I got one month left on my subscription but I need too get a PLEX.

For those who don't know, you can pay for EVE with isk (in game money) through PLEXs although it'll take you at least 3-4 month before doing so unless you become someone's salvage bitch as they do level 4s.

So you'll probably end up paying for your first 3-4 months but after if you try hard enough, you can pay for game time with in game cash.

I'm a newbie myself haha. Currently training skills for a cane.

RedKhan

Soulsand
Used to play EvE, it's awesome but sucks up too much time.

Dust looks cool too, but I thought it was coming to 360 also?

R3xz

Glowstone
How affordable is it to pay for subscription with ingame money?

Does it slow you down at all progression wise?

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
How affordable is it to pay for subscription with ingame money?

Does it slow you down at all progression wise?

It all depends on how you play it out. If you're going to be highly pvp based, it'll be kind of hard to afford everything without paying monthly. but if you go into mining/industry/stockmarket/etc, you would have a relatively easy time with it. After about 4 months, you could be making 40m a day playing a few hours (or 100m a day if you're a badass motherfucker playing for 10h a day), have the month paid off by day 10-15. Costs 350m to get a 30day card.

You can also recruit people (each person who upgrades their account with your trial gives you 30d gametime for free), which is what I'm trying to do. Though i'd sell the 30d gametime and just keep paying monthly. $3.75 isn't much money for a week, 15 quarters.

elroy72

TNT
Going to try this. Amgroma convinced me. I do like economy based games so we'll see how this one pans out.

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
Workin' with the market isn't easy =\

and I've only played a month Amgroma haha. April to be exact. Pretty much didn't play at all during the may, beginning of june time.

My ign is Max Linnel. (If you figure out where it's from, you are cool :p). Currently at 2mil skill points. Nothing amazing lol. Not even in a real corp yet. Just one of the default once.

I'm still looking at the markets, but for now, I'm trying to get into a Hurricane, hurry up to level 3-4 missions, and rat in 0.0, if I can. But I'm pretty far off. Eventually though, I'll be able to make enough.

I know a bunch of others play EVE too. Lot's of people from the 3 towns I associate with, and work with :p

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Workin' with the market isn't easy =\

and I've only played a month Amgroma haha. April to be exact. Pretty much didn't play at all during the may, beginning of june time.

My ign is Max Linnel. (If you figure out where it's from, you are cool :p). Currently at 2mil skill points. Nothing amazing lol. Not even in a real corp yet. Just one of the default once.

I'm still looking at the markets, but for now, I'm trying to get into a Hurricane, hurry up to level 3-4 missions, and rat in 0.0, if I can. But I'm pretty far off. Eventually though, I'll be able to make enough.

I know a bunch of others play EVE too. Lot's of people from the 3 towns I associate with, and work with :p
If you get into stocks, it's quite easy. I bought 50 shares of Seventh Exploration and Engagement Command, and originally paying 600m, ended up with 870m in a few days.

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
If you get into stocks, it's quite easy. I bought 50 shares of Seventh Exploration and Engagement Command, and originally paying 600m, ended up with 870m in a few days.

Nice profit. Though if you can rat REALLY well in a good ship for ratting you can make 10m every tick (20 min). Although that's if you are in a good tick. Me, I can barely make 200k a tick in highsec. Needs find a lowest corp =\

RedKhan

Soulsand
I feel I should point out that mining for cash is incredibly boring and not completely safe (Cant go totally afk) And if you intend to farm missions for the money, you should do some research and planning for what skills you'll need.

Eve is really pretty complicated...

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
I feel I should point out that mining for cash is incredibly boring and not completely safe (Cant go totally afk) And if you intend to farm missions for the money, you should do some research and planning for what skills you'll need.

Eve is really pretty complicated...

You can't farm missions for money really... lol. Least not till higher level missions.