• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wands for casters

I have noticed something missing in the caster's repertoire, a wand.

The wand itself would be nothing more than a stick that shoots low damage projectiles (around 20 dmg) without costing mana, or perhaps something negligible like 1mp/shot. Its range would be on par with icebolt and it would not be a very good sniping weapon. With low dmg I doubt it wouldn't be overly powerful, but useful for rather squishy casters when their mana runs out.

In terms of design I have little knowledge of mod creation or anything like that but by using existing items it might be fairly easy The wand itself would be nothing more than a stick, which would be more or less permabound to the ability, and when right clicked it would fire. Perhaps the upon choosing caster it runs a macro that auto-binds the ability to the stick. For the projectile itself it could be another 'snowball' type projectile, or if projectiles need to be unique a splash potion of weak power.

Also it could be something limited to casters that have not chose a specialization yet. In terms of lore it could be a tool that is useful for novices but abandoned by those with strong magical power.

In essence it would be little more than one more ability of limited use which would run off of any stick you pick up.

Multis_Revenge12

A frightening Cactus!
This would be a nice thing to see. The caster starts with a wand(stick) then evolves into a staff(hoe) or some other weapon. :)

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree with this completly. Current casters have no real reason to carry their weapon (a hoe) since it does next to no damage is only melee range. Changing it to fire a projectile that does low damge would give it more fighting ability since most of the time if a meleer gets near you your screwed.

DuskWolfMC

Obsidian
This idea is amazing. Casters need something like this! I know that I get slammed once a meleer gets close.

But does it have to be a stick? That seems like it would be to easy to get.
Perhaps it could be something just a little bit tougher to achieve... Wooden Sword? I dunno, people, what do you all think?

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
This idea is amazing. Casters need something like this! I know that I get slammed once a meleer gets close.

But does it have to be a stick? That seems like it would be to easy to get.
Perhaps it could be something just a little bit tougher to achieve... Wooden Sword? I dunno, people, what do you all think?

How about a book? You read spells from books in lore.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Maybe a book? You shouldn't just be able to take any old Stick and turn it into a Wand...

I do really like the idea of using a book for a weapon, that would be pretty fitting if you ask me.

But I think a book would be best suited as some sort of non-expendable reagent for a spell, or perhaps a expendable one for a more powerful spell if we end up getting higher level caps.