• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Vivecraft

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Being a big game advocate and a giant supporter of new technology, I got myself a Vive VR headset. Minecraft is working on official support for VR on their Windows 10 platform, and the community wasn't too happy that they abandoned the Java version, which is what we all play Herocraft on, so they made their own mod for it. It can be found on http://www.vivecraft.org/

I think testing the server file to test for compatibility errors with other mods and then adding the client-without-a-headset mod to the Technic Launcher would be a great addition to allowing VR players a chance to be seen and interact with players in the Herocraft community as long as there are no errors. Obviously, anyone using the VR headset will probably be at a great disadvantage with limited buttons for macros against a bloodthirsty ninja, but it could make for some great out-of-combat gameplay experiences and might even bring more victims - err... players to our server, looking for one that supports VR!