• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Videos Of Hero Skills: Wiki

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
I'd second this, HC needs more of a visual demonstration of what it actually entails, be it the trailer or skill tutorials etc.

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
You should be able to embed YouTube videos as that's a short snippet of code

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I would be willing to make some videos for this. Would just have to jump on the test server. Would it be better for a first person view? Or the view from someone watching the person using the skill?

Perhaps the view of a person watching a 1v1.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
I would be willing to make some videos for this. Would just have to jump on the test server. Would it be better for a first person view? Or the view from someone watching the person using the skill?

Perhaps the view of a person watching a 1v1.

Naturally the view will depend on the skill type. AOEs can we better displayed with a large amount of mobs and from 3rd person view, whereas a skill such as explosive shot might be better from the shooter's perspective.

Also, if you'd be so kind, my PC specs won't allow me to record.

WizChip

Legacy Supporter 5
Ok, here is the scoop on videos.

Our current WIKI system that is going to be replaced in the near future does have the ability, but only if it's programmed and setup on the server itself. I looks like it doesn't have that option "out of the box".

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:YouTube_(Iubito)

----------

Since we are preparing and testing our NEW Wiki System....
Our new Wiki System has many options for this and works at this time.

You may embed media from the following sites:

For those of you that are Beta Testers, please view all pages and see Video Tests for a demo.
(If you are interested in Beta Testing, please send me a note).

So, because of HeroCraft game updates, Keep the videos short and sweet and to the point so as it will be easy to update any of the videos in the future, when content changes.

PS. I will ask about the current Wiki System and the options to use the video's sooner than later.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
I'll find some participants.

Yeah, sounds great. The test server will be a prime place to do this, maybe ask Kainzo for a nice grass plains to do the fliming.

Ok, here is the scoop on videos.

Our current WIKI system that is going to be replaced in the near future does have the ability, but only if it's programmed and setup on the server itself. I looks like it doesn't have that option "out of the box".

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:YouTube_(Iubito)

----------

Since we are preparing and testing our NEW Wiki System....
Our new Wiki System has many options for this and works at this time.

You may embed media from the following sites:

For those of you that are Beta Testers, please view all pages and see Video Tests for a demo.
(If you are interested in Beta Testing, please send me a note).

So, because of HeroCraft game updates, Keep the videos short and sweet and to the point so as it will be easy to update any of the videos in the future, when content changes.

PS. I will ask about the current Wiki System and the options to use the video's sooner than later.

Sounds good, I'll go take a look at video potential on the new site.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
Are gifs an option? Seems to be quicker then playing a video.

I actually really like this idea. by the time you've clicked play on an embedded youtube video...it's over. @WizChip Sorry to bug you, are GIFs possible? Maybe even easier? I'm not sure about the new wiki system, I'll take a look.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I am able to make gifts, so if that would be better then I am all for it.

If we do this, we should go down the list of classes as found on the wiki. Some skills like "strike" are used in multiple classes, skills such as these should recorded once and used for every classes example.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4

If we do this, we should go down the list of classes as found on the wiki. Some skills like "strike" are used in multiple classes, skills such as these should recorded once and used for every classes example.

I'll get a PM going.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Easily done. Just someone needs to be willing to make the video and make it actually look good too.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8

If you need a wizard, I can help. Or I can help record. Though maybe not edit.