• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Vent your opinion on PVP!

Beau_Nearh

Portal
So, after logging into the server I can see that there are 5, yes 5 times the amount of people on PVE rather than PVP (25 people on PVE, 5 on PVP). Now after looking at these numbers, it is very clear than PVE seems to be the preferred server to play on (currently). So, this is where you guys (and gals) come in. I'd like to hear your opinions on what can bring players back to PVP, what small changes could be made to make PVP as attractive to play on (please don't include township 3.0 as that is still on it's way).

Guideline for posting as I don't want any arguments or anything irrelevant (to an extent) posted on this thread;

+ No arguments
+ please give valid reasoning to your suggestion! it helps me a lot more with understanding your trail of thought!
+ keep on topic (topic is just in case you missed it; What small or big change(s) can we make to PVP to increase player base.
+ No arguments, I cannot stress this point enough. Please don't, this is only personal opinions and not facts and there will be other threads made for specific suggestions in which you can 'argue'/ give constructive criticism on.

General goal of this thread;

My goal for this thread is to collectively gather a wide range of suggestions for changes that could be made to PVP. After there has been a decent amount of suggestions (I hope), I will be making another series of threads discussing certain points/ suggestions that have been brought up so we can as a community discuss whether it is a good suggestion (or not) and why.

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
I feel PVE needs to:
-Lose ability to create towns
-Lose ability to make residencies
-Map gets reset every month
-It is a pure world for new players to get used to the heroplugin

PVP needs to:
-Have a exp bonus (30% boost in pvp)

I feel that is the way forward, only my opinion, so you pve lovers do not cry.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I feel PVE needs to:
-Lose ability to create towns
-Lose ability to make residencies
-Map gets reset every month
-It is a pure world for new players to get used to the heroplugin

PVP needs to:
-Have a exp bonus (30% boost in pvp)

I feel that is the way forward, only my opinion, so you pve lovers do not cry.

Whey first reply! Once I get a few more replies this suggestion will be one/ if not the first suggestion discussed on another thread. Thanks for being cooperative too :)

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
PVP has died because:
1. No reward
2. Until lately there was absolutely no balance and certain classes just walked over others
3. Nobody to kill
4. Samurai isn't back for people that were really wanting it
5. All new players are scared to into PVP because when they ask on chat people from PVE will reply that it is a world of camping and crying which isn't the case
6. Attributes were a huge thing causing people to leave
7. The PVE map in general

All of the above reasons have directly affected the decrease of players on PVP. This thread has no point because all of these have already been mentioned and are being worked on.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
PVP has died because:
1. No reward
2. Until lately there was absolutely no balance and certain classes just walked over others
3. Nobody to kill
5. All new players are scared to into PVP because when they ask on chat people from PVE will reply that it is a world of camping and crying which isn't the case

All of the above reasons have directly affected the decrease of players on PVP. This thread has no point because all of these have already been mentioned and are being worked on.
Still don't understand peoples supposed obsession...It won't even be like it used to.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
All I can say is, no one is coming back. No one. Only new players will come to pvp, not many veterans.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
This thread is pretty pointless in my opinion. There have been countless posts and threads that have to do with the PvPer's opinion, all ignored. Even I have given up and I have decided to devote my time elsewhere

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Things like Karma That after taken out "will be back soon"... 1 year later and The Adventure map was coming out "Soon" when I first joined..... People Just have given up and True put it really well, The last thing for me was being banned from an event for PvPing and Then my Friends un banned while Im not making it so I cant win something that others can, Its fucked up and I don't trust staff anymore.

Xhazed

Portal
LOL 25 people LOL pls days of bastion and before maybe even haven, please come back it wount unless they say coming soon aka not coming aka dead now pls just delete pvp and make this server pve cause pvpers left cause of pve so 9+10=21 because pve killed the server now pls say thank you bie sorry that i typed too much and my left thumb hurts from the ebola pve gives

Beau_Nearh

Portal
PVP has died because:
1. No reward
3. Nobody to kill

Okay, thankyou for your opinion on how it is. I will be adding this as the second suggestion to review on another thread :)

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Things like Karma That after taken out "will be back soon"... 1 year later and The Adventure map was coming out "Soon" when I first joined..... People Just have given up and True put it really well, The last thing for me was being banned from an event for PvPing and Then my Friends un banned while Im not making it so I cant win something that others can, Its fucked up and I don't trust staff anymore.

So you want karma back, okay can you expand on what it would do if we were to bring it back?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
This thread is pretty pointless in my opinion. There have been countless posts and threads that have to do with the PvPer's opinion, all ignored. Even I have given up and I have decided to devote my time elsewhere

Yeah, I have noticed. This is why I originally made this thread so that all suggestions can be put under one thread as well as discussed on other separate threads. There's no harm in trying to boil down the key points people feel should be addressed

Beau_Nearh

Portal
because they were ignored for too long and even now if something changes it was too long of a wait so they don't care.

Trail, please just try to bear with me on this. Currently there are a load of threads stating what they want. All I'm trying to do is bring suggestions forward with all of the communities input and making it presented to staff a lot more better than what it currently is.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Trail, please just try to bear with me on this. Currently there are a load of threads stating what they want. All I'm trying to do is bring suggestions forward with all of the communities input and making it presented to staff a lot more better than what it currently is.
You should try to spell my name right, it might make me actually value what you say. If there are loads of threads then why instead of actually being productive and using them would you go and create your own? Bringing suggestions forward in a "More better" manner is not what you are trying to do, there are many threads already made by Veteran PVPers that bring forward multiple suggestions but so far seemed to have been ignored like True said. This thread just looks like you want to feel important more than actually help.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I ( As a PVP resident ) have a few suggestions to making PVP more... Popular ( and not have everyone avoid it cuz of constant PVP )

1. Events - One way to keep the PVP resident # Up is to have a few "Exclusive" PVP evennts, keeping people in PVP happy with the waves of players to murder >:D

2. Arena Teleport Ability - Make a skill which ALL classes get, where you can teleport to an Arena to PVP. Its very simple, but if people vent all their killing urges here, they may be less inclined to hunt down people constantly and scare them off

3. PVP and PVE Exclusive items - You know why Pokemon was so popular? One of the reasons is it required TEAMWORK, Some Pokemon could only be obtained on certain Versions ( Ex. Red and Blue : Fire and leaf : Saphire and Emerald : ... ) so having some items on PVP and some on PVE would force the 2 playerbases to interact. Maybe some of the ingredients for the custom items could be used this way :3

Beau_Nearh

Portal
You should try to spell my name right, it might make me actually value what you say. If there are loads of threads then why instead of actually being productive and using them would you go and create your own? Bringing suggestions forward in a "More better" manner is not what you are trying to do, there are many threads already made by Veteran PVPers that bring forward multiple suggestions but so far seemed to have been ignored like True said. This thread just looks like you want to feel important more than actually help.

I did originally type Trazil but my iPad auto corrected it to trail. But again do you think the staff have enough free time to read and review every thread? My whole aim is to cut out the discussions within the suggestions and present the staff with the final result. If you think that this would be the wrong way to go about things, feel free to express it and I don't want to feel more important than anyone else. If I wanted to feel more important, I would have applied for staff ranks rather than trying to sort this mess out.

Also, this discussion is over. Please keep on topic.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I ( As a PVP resident ) have a few suggestions to making PVP more... Popular ( and not have everyone avoid it cuz of constant PVP )

1. Events - One way to keep the PVP resident # Up is to have a few "Exclusive" PVP evennts, keeping people in PVP happy with the waves of players to murder >:D

2. Arena Teleport Ability - Make a skill which ALL classes get, where you can teleport to an Arena to PVP. Its very simple, but if people vent all their killing urges here, they may be less inclined to hunt down people constantly and scare them off

3. PVP and PVE Exclusive items - You know why Pokemon was so popular? One of the reasons is it required TEAMWORK, Some Pokemon could only be obtained on certain Versions ( Ex. Red and Blue : Fire and leaf : Saphire and Emerald : ... ) so having some items on PVP and some on PVE would force the 2 playerbases to interact. Maybe some of the ingredients for the custom items could be used this way :3

Really like a few of these suggestions! This will be discussed soon with the other suggestions on a different thread! Thanks for posting! :)