• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Valve finally supporting competitive TF2

Ultanian

Portal
After 8 years, Valve has finally realized that the community-run competitive format has helped keep Team Fortress 2 alive. Now, they are working on a matchmaking system similar to CS:GO and DotA 2. I myself am a competitive Highlander Medic, anyone else here excited for the next update?

Xelarator1

Obsidian
After 8 years, Valve has finally realized that the community-run competitive format has helped keep Team Fortress 2 alive. Now, they are working on a matchmaking system similar to CS:GO and DotA 2. I myself am a competitive Highlander Medic, anyone else here excited for the next update?
I've never really got competitive about TF2, but I'm excited for these changes. I wonder if you can gain some new medals/hats with this update....

Ultanian

Portal
I've never really got competitive about TF2, but I'm excited for these changes. I wonder if you can gain some new medals/hats with this update....
Medals come out for ESEA and UGC every other patch; awarded to winning teams of specific leagues however these are community ran. Maybe cash prizes will be more widespread?

Xelarator1

Obsidian
Medals come out for ESEA and UGC every other patch; awarded to winning teams of specific leagues however these are community ran. Maybe cash prizes will be more widespread?
With the increase in competitive players that will undoubtedly come in the next update, cash prizes will become more widespread. Seems rather straightforward: More players means more events, which also means more money.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Considering last time I played 6's (I think I played 6's, might've been UGC format. Or are they the same?) my team fell apart to where it was just me (The Medic or Roamer Solly) and our Captain (Scoot / Emergency Hoovy). Very happy to see a proper matchmaking system implemented.

Cannot wait to play again (God knows I'll need to practice again XD)

Ultanian

Portal
Considering last time I played 6's (I think I played 6's, might've been UGC format. Or are they the same?) my team fell apart to where it was just me (The Medic or Roamer Solly) and our Captain (Scoot / Emergency Hoovy). Very happy to see a proper matchmaking system implemented.

Cannot wait to play again (God knows I'll need to practice again XD)
Hey, I'm making a team for when it does come out, interested?

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Lol is that still a thing? I used to play comp tf2 but stopped because the scheduling was inconvenient and I couldn't find a comfortable roll to play in gold+. after 2 years of playing I was quite bored, I tried to get back into tf2 a while back but just had no fun, the community went to shit tbh. I also got into the trading scene for awhile my bp was worth $300+ but spent it all on keys and sold them on the market once I quit playing.

Anyways I just play league whenever I'm playing video games now :p

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Lol is that still a thing? I used to play comp tf2 but stopped because the scheduling was inconvenient and I couldn't find a comfortable roll to play in gold+. after 2 years of playing I was quite bored, I tried to get back into tf2 a while back but just had no fun, the community went to shit tbh. I also got into the trading scene for awhile my bp was worth $300+ but spent it all on keys and sold them on the market once I quit playing.

Anyways I just play league whenever I'm playing video games now :p
smite is better scrub