• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Validity of Megabolt

Aetosion

Obsidian
Megabolt does 20 damage, as does Pulse. Pulse takes far less mana, and does not take a reagent. Megabolt has a little bit more range, but all in all- is a rather useless skill. Pulse is a far more economic use of mana, cooldowns, and reagents.

I propose making Megabolt what one would originally expect, an AoE Bolt. A 30 or 35 damage AoE.

Megabolt is a level 55 skill, that takes over half mana, and consumes a reagent. It should be a unique skill with its own benefits, not a prettier version of a much more beneficial and cheaper spell.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
30 seems rather high for an AoE spell. That's essentially 1/3 of most warrior's HP - multiplied by the number of enemies in the vicinity.
What is Bolt's damage?

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Or maybe they could consider moving pulse down from 45 or 50, what it is now, to 30-35 and perhaps beefing up some other wizard skills. (all after deleting mega-bolt).

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Yet you still use it in combat over pulse.

Imo, megabolt is like pulse. Good for mob arena, not so good for combat. Most wizards I've seen use pulse in combat abuse it's ability to hit through walls, and in that way only. Megabolt also does 25 Damage according to the wiki. So it IS better than pulse in terms of damage, NOT including the massive radius of fire damage it does if you (for some reason) are using it in combat. It shouldn't be buffed to 35 dmg, because basically, if you're fighting 1 person, that means you can basically combo them dealing over 70 dmg without even having to aim.

Buffing Megabolt then leaving wizard the same besides that change would make them far overpowered imo.

Demonxman

Obsidian
bias responses.... you are a dreadknight, the spec with the largest percentage of 'whiny bitches'.

:)

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Wiki is not the most up to date, in game is, I did some testing today, Megabolt DOES do 20 damage which I think should be increased. In my opinion, I don't see a use of the skill Consume on wizards if they can just use Replenish, I never used consume because replenish is far more effective in my opinion.

Just increasing the damage would be good enough. Maybe getting rid of the reagent and just using mana. I think reagents shouldn't be used in combat-type moves. More like moves that summon/create something, but that's just my opinion.

Megavolt should be stronger anyways..

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
bias responses.... you are a dreadknight, the spec with the largest percentage of 'whiny bitches'.

:)
Wrong. I am a Dragoon. I'm a SIC of a town with 45+ active members, 15 or so of them being spec'd casters or players who have played casters before. Dreadknight makes up the smallest portion of the warriors... why would we all be whiny bitches? Is it because I drop my opinion on discussions such as this one, and you've decided all of the Dreadknight are complainers because I express my opinion? Either way, don't make dumb assumptions such as that one, it doesn't support your argument at all.

Digger360

Obsidian
Heres your problem, Get four wizards to all mega at the same time, and they can 4v30.
Same holds true for pulse, so I'm not sure why everyone has a boner over megabolt.

Besides. Caster spec's are strong enough as is. Might as well give Dk's Drainsoul again if we're going to go buffing classes that don't need it.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah, I don't see what is so "mega" if all it does is hit more than one target but does little damage.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Megabolt:
use-text: '%hero% used %skill% on %target%!'
max-distance: 12
damage: 20
radius: 4
delay: 2000
reagent: 340

Pulse:
use-text: '%hero% used %skill%!'
damage: 12
radius: 4
delay: 1500

Demonxman

Obsidian
Wrong. I am a Dragoon. I'm a SIC of a town with 45+ active members, 15 or so of them being spec'd casters or players who have played casters before. Dreadknight makes up the smallest portion of the warriors... why would we all be whiny bitches? Is it because I drop my opinion on discussions such as this one, and you've decided all of the Dreadknight are complainers because I express my opinion? Either way, don't make dumb assumptions such as that one, it doesn't support your argument at all.
I wasn't making any assumptions, I was just saying that to get at you, and it worked!!!! yay?

Aetosion

Obsidian
Nope, @Kainzo . I tested it prior to the PVP tournament, Wizard pulse does 20. Megabolt does 20. Bolt does 35.
I think there's another class that has a 12 damage Pulse, but Wizard's pulse does 20 force damage. Edit: Seems to be 12 now, nevermind. Regardless, Megabolt is still not remotely efficient compared to Pulse

@GreekCrackShot There is no additional fire damage from Megabolt, the ground lights up just as it does with Bolt. Neither fire does any damage.

As for proliferation of Megabolt over Pulse - it looks cooler. However, it takes about 4 or 5 times the mana, has a longer cooldown, and takes a reagent. The only reason I ever use it in Mob Arena is because I'm then only operating on a global cooldown, although I then have almost zero mana. The only use for it is when everyone's about to die, so some amount of token damage is necessary.

It's saved my teams' collective asses in MA before, because my Pulse still had a few seconds of cooldown, but I think there are plenty of skills that would be far more useful in its place.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Remember Aetosion, you always have replenish by your side, has a like 2min cooldown though, still very helpful when it comes to being low on mana.

Also, why isn't my signature showing. o.o

Aetosion

Obsidian
Replenish has a 300 second or so cooldown. It's very useful, you're right, but if you use megabolt at all then you lose to chance to use other spells, even if you just replenished. I've used megabolt in pvp when 1v1 just because everything else was on cooldown, that's the limit of its usefulness.

I'm not saying megabolt is a totally obsolete skill, but it's close to being one. Either it needs a buff, or a replacement- to have any validity as its own spell.

It's a level 55 spell after all, it takes 75 mana, and a reagent. A spell that takes that many resources should be useful enough to warrant their expenditure.