• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Unknowingly swindled out of money using the arena

I have been swindled out of almost all my money after dueling in the arena. I am not sure how this happened. The time was 9:20 PM PST on 6/17/15 and I was dueling in the arena. When i went in I had 750$. When I came out I had 50$. I did not do any payed duels, only /duel and thats supposed to only cost one dollar right? I dont know what happened, but I need my money back to support my township. Please help!

Avoir

Obsidian
When a player /duel's you he can put X amount of money as a bet, it tells you tho if some one does it, you must not have read the chat properly.

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
When you get dueled, it says something like "Souls=X" if the guy changed the amount, you just didn't read/notice it because it usually isn't there, happened to me too. I do believe it isn't nice to do that to others, but it's still our fault for not reading the chat properly.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
I asked spiralz into the arena to test out the command and we couldn't even figure out what the command was, nothing we tried was working. We assumed it was disabled or something.

I wanted to see if the notification was easy to miss because it looked just like /o or skill spam, in that it was white or something.

Xelarator1

Obsidian
I asked spiralz into the arena to test out the command and we couldn't even figure out what the command was, nothing we tried was working. We assumed it was disabled or something.

I wanted to see if the notification was easy to miss because it looked just like /o or skill spam, in that it was white or something.
Its' /duel (player) money (amount of souls)'

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
It doesn't appear in white, it's Green/Red like the rest of the Duel text, though as said before, since it's not there usually, you tend to miss it.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
It doesn't appear in white, it's Green/Red like the rest of the Duel text, though as said before, since it's not there usually, you tend to miss it.

Yes, since my previous post Xel and I did some duels and to me, looking for it, I saw it. But it's barely a few extra bits in between two standard lines of duel text, in green/yellow. As a player that duels daily and may just /accept out of habit the moment they see green and whatnot, I could absolutely see it being missed. And by the time they went back to town/TD to poke around and buy something, they'd have no idea who took money or when.

Perhaps just an extra word to accept a money duel. Like... If it's '/accept' now, it would be '/accept bet' to do a duel with money. If a person just typed '/accept', the system would return that 'Bet not accepted.' Or something. That would alert them to double check the duel request.

Although word has gotten around, I still see this as an important thing to tweak.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Yes, since my previous post Xel and I did some duels and to me, looking for it, I saw it. But it's barely a few extra bits in between two standard lines of duel text, in green/yellow. As a player that duels daily and may just /accept out of habit the moment they see green and whatnot, I could absolutely see it being missed. And by the time they went back to town/TD to poke around and buy something, they'd have no idea who took money or when.

Perhaps just an extra word to accept a money duel. Like... If it's '/accept' now, it would be '/accept bet' to do a duel with money. If a person just typed '/accept', the system would return that 'Bet not accepted.' Or something. That would alert them to double check the duel request.

Although word has gotten around, I still see this as an important thing to tweak.
Or people could read the thing they are accepting? That's why there is an option to decline.

so by the logic of saying this is legal, I could take a noob off the streets tell him I would duel him to teach him about the style of PvP this game uses, and then do the /duel bet as all his money (50$ or so). And your telling me this would be legal?

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
so by the logic of saying this is legal, I could take a noob off the streets tell him I would duel him to teach him about the style of PvP this game uses, and then do the /duel bet as all his money (50$ or so). And your telling me this would be legal?
atm yes it is perfectly legal

dionnsai

A frightening Cactus!
Just make it so that the accepting player also has to put the same bet amount in. If they don't explicitly agree on the bet then the duel is void.

Just make it so that the accepting player also has to put the same bet amount in. If they don't explicitly agree on the bet then the duel is void.
That is how it works currently. It's also how Awakened_Void got rich, porygon tried to swindle him in this fashion and void knocked him flat on his scrubby little ass, and took 25K from him.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
That is how it works currently. It's also how Awakened_Void got rich, porygon tried to swindle him in this fashion and void knocked him flat on his scrubby little ass, and took 25K from him.
Incorrect, void was the one who challenged wild. Most people had no idea you could duel for money up until that point.