• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Unfair damage system?

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
xD okay this made me laugh badly
But seriously you think paladins physical strength should be the same to a caster and healer? Because I for one know paladin would be able to move a car but I'm not sure for casters and healers (except disciple)
I think Paladins should be strong, but some of my points are:
Paladin do not need more hp that is sure.
I think that to nerf beguilers damage is not wise since the only way they can deal damage is by fireball or the hoe.
As for disciple I think they need to be able to do dome damage since they main healing spell is pray who KP said was useless, so I don't know....

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
If you think Paladin is a so useless and bad class why do you play as one?
If you don't play as one why do you want them to be stronger?
:p

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
I think some people suffer from what I call "pally envy" they get killed by a paladin that knows how to pvp well and blame it on the high hp, there is like this myth that they are gods that live forever, but it doesn't really matter how much life you have if people are hitting you twice as hard as you hit them, eventually you will die, especially if they are ranged

I know that some classes are supposed to be "support" or whatever, but nobody actually plays like that

most every pally I know has quit to go play sammy or ninja

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter

I want to play as all classes, to understand how they all work versus every other class, I don't really have a favorite

in wow, a mage does crazy high dmg but has no heath, in herocraft ranged do high dmg with 25 percent less health

go play the class, get in 200 fights, and report back

Kperkins you don't make any sense at all. In that first situation, where the ninja attacks. You supposedly get no attacks off at all? Thats bullshit unless you REALLY suck. So then yea lets say you do your heal. That Ninja can't heal. So even IF he come back to try and kill you, you have full hp, and if you didn't screw it up he shouldn't be at full.

As for as immunity goes, 5 seconds is useless? Thats 5 seconds where I can't do jack shit to you. Thats 3 hits 36 hp with a ninja that you wouldn't be effected by.

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
I dont play classes because of their strength I play because I love them as they are

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
Kperkins you don't make any sense at all. In that first situation, where the ninja attacks. You supposedly get no attacks off at all? Thats bullshit unless you REALLY suck. So then yea lets say you do your heal. That Ninja can't heal. So even IF he come back to try and kill you, you have full hp, and if you didn't screw it up he shouldn't be at full.

As for as immunity goes, 5 seconds is useless? Thats 5 seconds where I can't do jack shit to you. Thats 3 hits 36 hp with a ninja that you wouldn't be effected by.
yea 36 hp for ninja and 15 from a paladin xD have fun with that much. Also you can probably kill 1 ninja but if you lag and heal him your fucked . Also it lags a lot most of the times and a ninja can easly backtab you!!!

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
Paladins are a hybrid class with heals and immunity. This makes them stepping into the bounds of a "Support" class and lowering their dps. Their weapon damage may be 5, but they can achieve higher damage through their fire buff they can apply to their weapon. They make up for their damage loss with their heals (supposedly). Same thing with dreadknights and their plagues and abilities that cause more damage over time. Considering the amount of techniques given to the paladin and the utmost ability of survivability with their capabilities to go immune to damage or even reduce their damage by half while their fire slowly eats away the enemy and then reapply and heal again, Paladin is a low dps killer that is made to slowly kill and stay alive. Warriors are a tank class made for surviving, not for killing.
you do know that fire buff is pointless. It has only 15% chance to light you on fire (and it deals 1hp per burn 10 max) and 90% fo the time its raining on herocraft. If they use endurance their attack falls even lower (2 dmg) which makes you think if its worth or not and they maybe are a hybrid class but they are WARRIORS. They are made to have high physical damage (or atleast a medium).

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
not all fire is the same, if you don't believe me, let a pally catch you on fire, once its put out how much life do you have,

now compare this to getting lit on fire by other things, such as flint/steel lava, or fireball

it is more of a shock tactic than actual dmg, people freak out when they are on fire, but its not really that bad, I carry around a bucket of water when I'm fighting to reduce this as well

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE 1st PERSON WHO READ WHAT I TRIED TO SAY . Omg sorry for caps but its like everybody write '' paladins are op as they are'' and etc etc... WRONG they are underpowered at the moment they should get a new Insta heal spell lets see pray heals 10 so this insta heal spell should heal like 30-40 hp. I would call it Holy light or something and it would take around 50-65 mana but 1 min cooldown (or 40 sec ) I mean to have a spell that could actually be usefull. This spell is like a OMFG SHIT I HAVE NOTHING LEFT situation spell. And I like how you noticed the healer part xD

I mean I know what this topic was about but this just poped in my head xP and its not something to be used often
And you sir missed what I was saying.
I never said Paladins were OP I said by increasing the damage of Paladins you would make other classes redundant and almost useless.

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
Paladins are mixes of Healer/Warriors - this is straight from D&D.

In fact, they are 75% warrior, 25% cleric.

This isnt WoW/Rift
if they are 75% warrior why do they have same damage as a caster?

Lol text I'm sorry but you can't use lag as a basis of argument simply because it effects everyone. If your really that worried about healing then aim at ur feet or straight up in the sky. And wow casters can't do 0 damage. If they do then there has to be a better way of getting mana for all caster and healer classes.

Potentially code a mana potion or reduce mana cost?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
You're right - casters should probably do 0 damage.
If you lower their melee damage to 0 for casters it will become almost impossible to level.
As it takes 3 or so fireballs to kill something that is most your mana gone and you now need to wait for more.
Where as a Warrior or Rogue can just keep on trucking through mobs.

They need to be able to do some melee damage in order to balance out leveling a bit

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
Solution to your healing the enemy problem:

1) Get Improved Chat.
2) ~bind <key> /skill layhands texteo
3) Fuck shit up.