• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Unfair damage system?

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
I agree with everyones rebuttal. The descriptions for classes can't and shouldn't be used as strict guide lines. It wouldn't be any fun at all if all the sub classes did the exact same damage. The whole point of making them unique is people will have different preferences on who they choose. I feel like in most cases when a class is lacking in something it is made up for in something else. Just like what everyone has been saying paladins can heal, (a full self heal and pray) they get revive (which is bullshit because not even all the healer classes get) they get invuln, and they can set people on fire. Not to mention the highest HP in game and the best armor possible. Honestly I think paladins are overpowered still and still need some tweaking. Uping there damage would be adding insult to injury.
Do you even know the cooldowns or warmups the class has? If not don't point out the obvious. Just saying this spells you named are good for a 1 time use. Pray is even uselles in combat (and layhands is risky ) because you can heal your opponent. Revive is a spell that's used very rarely because it takes all mana and spawns back the dead player unarmed !!!! More complaints? Im not saying all classes should do same damage and things like that so please read again what I wrote to get the idea of the topic not only what other people have against it.

oh my god really? Even if its a one time use YOU STILL GET TO USE IT. When does someone use revive during combat, its MAINLY used afterwards when people are getting ready for another fight, they grab the stuff they just dropped making them "armed". Simple solution to make lay of hand work well. Don't face your attacker when using it. Pretty simple.

I never said all classes should do the same damage so please read what I wrote. Simply stated that to use the wiki guidelines of classes as a means of a point isn't really a good point.

I completely agree that a caster and a warrior shouldn't be doing the same melee damage, it just doesn't make sense, but I can't find a solution that doesn't throw a class under the bus, or makes your class that bus

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
Sorry Text but in most of the games I have played paladin is more of a healer warrior then a caster warrior. I understand the point of doing the same melee damage as a caster is a bit off. But considering everything else you bring to the table, the damage sorta falls short.
The paladins, sometimes know as the Twelve Peer, were the foremost warriors. Paladins are also considered to be holy or blood knights.

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
oh my god really? Even if its a one time use YOU STILL GET TO USE IT. When does someone use revive during combat, its MAINLY used afterwards when people are getting ready for another fight, they grab the stuff they just dropped making them "armed". Simple solution to make lay of hand work well. Don't face your attacker when using it. Pretty simple.

I never said all classes should do the same damage so please read what I wrote. Simply stated that to use the wiki guidelines of classes as a means of a point isn't really a good point.

I completely agree that a caster and a warrior shouldn't be doing the same melee damage, it just doesn't make sense, but I can't find a solution that doesn't throw a class under the bus, or makes your class that bus
Umm I think you didn't experience pvp that well. Go out there and fight you will see what I mean. During a fight your opponent..... Okay everyone gz jumps around and swings a weapon (the point is jumping around) and its harldy not to aim at them when its mostly circling around you (unless you run like hell but lag helps there >.>)

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
You are an idiot. Learn english and then actually READ the true reason beyond this topic. I'm not saying paladins should be able to win 2v1 or 5v1 I'm saying their damage is same as a caster which it shouldn't be. They are phisicaly beyond better than a caster (or even a healer )
Thank you for being so nice and not see my dot.

I read the orginal post and post and I saw this. If you did not mean anything to it, sorry. I did never say anything about 5v1 I said 2v1 like you said.

Which would mean that paladin and dreadknight do low dmg instead of medium. Even having armor it doesn't help much because when 2+ people attack you and believe me they will you are screwed.

And paladin is a TANKER they am not there to kill players they are there to take the damage instead of them who actually shall do the harm to others.

While you made this post you forgot that paladins can use Diamond chest and legs, and full iron armour,
and that casters and healers can use leather and gold.
You forgot to mensure that Paladins have 134hp while the caster class that have most hp have 97 and the healer class that have most have 125hp.

As for my english, if you start posting all your post on Norwegian whit no grammar fail or other thing that are wrong I will look over ALL my post and make sure it is no misspellings or grammar fails.

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
I mean srsly whats a dmg or 2 more gonna make anyway. Its not like I thought paladins should do dmg like rogue or anything. I'm just saying that paladin shouldn't physically be the same as caster and weaker than a healer (physically) ....

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
Thank you for being so nice and not see my dot.

I read the orginal post and post and I saw this. If you did not mean anythingto it, sorry. I did never say anything about 5v1 I said 2v1 like you said.

And paladin is a TANKER they am not there to kill players they are there to take the damage instead of them who actually shall do the harm to others.

While you made this post you forgot that paladins can use Diamond chest and legs, and full iron armour,
and that casters and healers can use leather and gold.
You forgot to mensure that Paladins have 134hp while the caster class that have most hp have 97 and the healer class that have most have 125hp.

As for my english, if you start posting all your post on Norwegian whit no grammar fail or other thing that are wrong I will look over ALL my post and make sure it is no misspellings or grammar fails.
*sigh* I like to use examples when writing (like 5v1 which I was only pointing out for 2v1 not saying you wrote 5v1) . I didn't say paladin should be able to kill players -.-''. I do NOT WAN'T PALADINS TO BE GOD MODE . All I'm saying is that with its damage its compared to a caster and healer which is stupid. WHY IS EVERYONE HERE POSTING IRRELEVANT THINGS . I'm seriously gonna caps key words so ppl understand the point of this topic. Jesus. P.s. And paladin is a TANKER they ARE (not am ) not..... you have more grammar mistakes tho but I don't care about that much.

I whole heartedly agree with the fact that they shouldn't be doing the same damage. But I think paladins are one of the few classes that don't need anything more to them. There damage is small, but coupled with all of the things they have more of then other classes, something has to fall short and the thing that did is their damage.

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
I whole heartedly agree with the fact that they shouldn't be doing the same damage. But I think paladins are one of the few classes that don't need anything more to them. There damage is small, but coupled with all of the things they have more of then other classes, something has to fall short and the thing that did is their damage.
then decrease caster's melee dmg and some of healers. In comparison he has more physical strength an endurance than those 2 paths :/

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
try fighting a necromancer as a pally,

doesn't matter how much life you have if you are melee and they can web you then hit you from range

layhands is awesome, 1 time, but it takes all your mana, and can't be used to 1o minutes or so, during a raid, you are kinda screwed once you use that ability the 1 time

pray is a joke, it heals so little damage it isnt' really worth using

I'd give up high hp anyday for a a couple more dmg,

if you are saying that a tank shouldn't be able to do high dmg you have to concede that a healer shouldn't be able to as well

before anybody is allowed to talk about another class they should master it and go pvp a ton, I feel like I've been in texteo's shoes so I know just what he is talking about

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
From wikipedia:
By the end of the 12th century the paladins were increasingly thought of as an association reporting to the king after the fashion of the Round Table; the earliest romance to portray them in this way is Fierabras, dating to around 1170

I don't know who that should do most damage, they who reports to the king or wizards.

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
From wikipedia:
By the end of the 12th century the paladins were increasingly thought of as an association reporting to the king after the fashion of the Round Table; the earliest romance to portray them in this way is Fierabras, dating to around 1170

I don't know who that should do most damage, they who reports to the king or wizards.
xD okay this made me laugh badly
But seriously you think paladins physical strength should be the same to a caster and healer? Because I for one know paladin would be able to move a car but I'm not sure for casters and healers (except disciple)

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
  • Paladins Sacrifice Damage for increased HP and Armor when they go to warrior.
  • Dreadknights have High damage abilities. (They have the highest damage single target nuke of any class)
  • Dragoons Do not have the HP of a Dread Knight or Paladin and thus are given more damage.
  • Samurai are High damage at the cost of HP and thus have lower HP than some Healer and Rogue specs.

This

Texteo

ICE ICE ICE!
try fighting a necromancer as a pally,

doesn't matter how much life you have if you are melee and they can web you then hit you from range

layhands is awesome, 1 time, but it takes all your mana, and can't be used to 1o minutes or so, during a raid, you are kinda screwed once you use that ability the 1 time

pray is a joke, it heals so little damage it isnt' really worth using

I'd give up high hp anyday for a a couple more dmg,

if you are saying that a tank shouldn't be able to do high dmg you have to concede that a healer shouldn't be able to as well

before anybody is allowed to talk about another class they should master it and go pvp a ton, I feel like I've been in texteo's shoes so I know just what he is talking about
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE 1st PERSON WHO READ WHAT I TRIED TO SAY . Omg sorry for caps but its like everybody write '' paladins are op as they are'' and etc etc... WRONG they are underpowered at the moment they should get a new Insta heal spell lets see pray heals 10 so this insta heal spell should heal like 30-40 hp. I would call it Holy light or something and it would take around 50-65 mana but 1 min cooldown (or 40 sec ) I mean to have a spell that could actually be usefull. This spell is like a OMFG SHIT I HAVE NOTHING LEFT situation spell. And I like how you noticed the healer part xD

I mean I know what this topic was about but this just poped in my head xP and its not something to be used often

kperkins the fact that paladins can have a complete reset of there 130 some odd HP is completely ridiculous. True, it takes all your mana, but where some classes would be dead (many times over with their lack of armor and HP) paladins, with a hit of a button can gain all that hp back and continue to kill people.

If you were to suggest a decrease in HP or worse armor IN ADDITION to the damage increase I would be all for it. But as it is, I don't believe paladins need a buff of any kind

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE 1st PERSON WHO READ WHAT I TRIED TO SAY . Omg sorry for caps but its like everybody write '' paladins are op as they are'' and etc etc... WRONG they are underpowered at the moment they should get a new Insta heal spell lets see pray heals 10 so this insta heal spell should heal like 30-40 hp. I would call it Holy light or something and it would take around 50-65 mana but 1 min cooldown (or 40 sec ) I mean to have a spell that could actually be usefull. This spell is like a OMFG SHIT I HAVE NOTHING LEFT situation spell. And I like how you noticed the healer part xD/QUOTE]

Heals are underpowered across the board. Keep in mind not even current healers would have a heal that good. Have to look at the big picture.

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
Paladins are a hybrid class with heals and immunity. This makes them stepping into the bounds of a "Support" class and lowering their dps. Their weapon damage may be 5, but they can achieve higher damage through their fire buff they can apply to their weapon. They make up for their damage loss with their heals (supposedly). Same thing with dreadknights and their plagues and abilities that cause more damage over time. Considering the amount of techniques given to the paladin and the utmost ability of survivability with their capabilities to go immune to damage or even reduce their damage by half while their fire slowly eats away the enemy and then reapply and heal again, Paladin is a low dps killer that is made to slowly kill and stay alive. Warriors are a tank class made for surviving, not for killing.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
lets say a ninja comes and raid my town, I use my mega super crazy heal spell, but now they come back and my heal is still on cooldown

20 of their hits equals 240dmg
20 of mine equals 100dmg

so they did 140dmg more than me in the same time period,

if my cooldown is up on layhands I'm fucked, especially since they have more offensive skills than just melee

when you do the math, the higher hp isn't worth it, especially if you still have 10 minutes left on cooldown before a heal,

have you ever mastered the pally class?