• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Twidger's Skill Ideas *UPDATED 12/20/11*

TwidgerMC

Glowing Redstone
Corrode Mana - When activated, all your attacks also harm the target's mana for %50 of the dmg (For instance, if you hit someone for 12 dmg, they lose 6 mana per hit) *Ideal for Rogue spec(s)*

Sacrifice - Deals 50 dmg to a target, but also 50 dmg to the caster (Possibly a level 50 skill for Bloodmages)

Lasso - When casted on a target, the target must follow the caster around (Uses up 1 string) *Ideal for ninja*

Copy Cat - Forces the target to "mirror" the caster. When the caster moves forward one block, the target moves forward one block *Ideal for enchanter*

Triple Shot - When activated, the caster's can now shoot a three-arrow spread, much like a mini barrage, but the arrows are slightly weaker. Ideal for crowd-control. *Ideal for ranger*

Obsidian Prison - A prism of obsidian wraps in a five-ring radius around the caster, trapping anyone inside and forcing them to fight. *Ideal for Necromancer*

Wave - Summons several water blocks in front of you, ideal for slowing others down *Ideal for caster spec(s)*

Voodoo - Enchants the target into a neutral mob, making them un-able to control their movement, and vulnerable to damage *Ideal for enchanter or other caster spec(s)*

Hidden - Passive, when you are tracked, gives the Ranger a random location on the map, away from you *Ideal for Thieves*

Unleash Mana - Uses up all your mana to harm the target, leaving you with no mana and the target with low hp (100 mana = 50 dmg , 60 mana = 30 dmg , etc.) *Ideal for wizard*

--------Updated---------

Parry - Passive giving the hero and chance to "block" a melee attack *Ideal for Warriors*

Critical Chance - Passive giving the hero a chance to deal critical damage *Ideal for Rogues*

Wisdom - Passive giving the hero 10 mana per tick instead of 5 mana when not in combat *Ideal for Casters/Healers*

Smash - Smashes the target, dealing 15 dmg and reducing armor hp by %50 *Ideal for Warriors/ Beastmasters*

Spell Shield - Protects the target (or self) from the next spell *Ideal for Caster/Healer*

Earthquake - Shakes the ground around the caster, raising and lowering dirt/sand/stone/sandstone to disrupt the battle, when the earthquake is over, all materials will go back to where they were before to prevent griefing *Ideal for Geomancers/Druids*

Etheral - Sends the target to the nether for 10 seconds, can be used to escape combat, and movement in the nether works like how it does in Vanilla Minecraft (One step in the nether = 5 steps in the real world, or something like that) *Ideal for Enchanters/Necromancers*

Raise Dead - Raises a friendly skeleton/zombie from the body of a dead player (Useful for group pvp) *Ideal for Necromancers*

Kick - Kicks the target, dealing minor damage and knocks them back 5-10 blocks *Ideal for Monks*

Explosive-Arrow - The next arrow shot by the hero explodes, dealing AoE dmg (Uses 1 sulphur) *Ideal for Rangers*

Tree-Form - Casted like sneak, caster gains extra hp, but is more vulnerable to axes/fire *Ideal for Druids*

Bed Song - The hero plays a song to put all non-party members to sleep, forces them to be stopped in place and their screens fading out, but are awoken by dmg *Ideal for Bards*

Rain Dance - Turns rain/snow on for 30 seconds (major cooldown) *Ideal for Enchanters*

Flash - Unleashes a blinding light, releasing light around you in a 15 block radius, for 10 seconds, also causing anyone within the radius to have a major chance to miss their attacks *Ideal for Clerics/Paladins/Casters*

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Awesome, awesome. A lot of the skills sound really nice. I will post an in depth review tomorrow morning or tomorrow afternoon, but for now you should add what classes you think each of the skills should go towards as well, and try to work out the balancing between the classes.

TwidgerMC

Glowing Redstone
Awesome, awesome. A lot of the skills sound really nice. I will post an in depth review tomorrow morning or tomorrow afternoon, but for now you should add what classes you think each of the skills should go towards as well, and try to work out the balancing between the classes.

I put them up, but I'm not gonna balance them out, they're just ideas I brainstormed.

greyp

Legacy Supporter 5
These sound like amazing skills, I like the voodoo one the most ;), but the rest are awesome too!

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
With Hidden, track now tell you your coords, their coords, their class, and their health.

GraRona

Portal
I think hidden should have a 30% chance of giving the right coords so that way, the ranger will have to make a gamble on whether to pursue the thief or not.

agentjwall

Godly
Lol triple shot would be cool, But like granola said there would have to be a percent chance, otherwise no ranger would bother tracking a thief...

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
These are all really cool I hope at least some of them get implemented in the game

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
I love all of your ideas, but for Obsidian Prison I think it would be more useful if it only encased the caster in a small block of obisdian, rendering them immune to attacks for a short time, but not allowing them to attack or move. Also, bed song could ahve its name changed to lullaby or something haha.

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
The only one I see problems with is wave. If source blocks are places, the water will flow break items that break when water flows in to them. People might also use it to summon water for their buckets. A solution to this might be just to use the blocked that are under the source (lower levels) so they flow and evaporate easily.

agentjwall

Godly
If I remember right Kainzo said something a while back about block-based skills being memory intensive/lag inducing which would suck because half of these wouldn't be feasible.

Oh, and explosive arrow: Best thing since sliced bread...