• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Tutorial] Making RES(private region) and all commands you will need.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
NEW WITH 7.0
Residences are being handled by the township plugin. They do not have to be built in a town (and in fact can not be built within a town).

Posting this from another member asking questions. keep in mind I am in the process of finalizing costs atm.

• Can non-donors create residences too? Yes. They have access to the smallest size (9x9x9)
  • Is there a set up cost for donor residences? for non-donor residences? Yes. Needs to be nailed down. I have temporarily set all of them at 1000s.
  • Are there any block requirements for the residence's construction? No. It simply regions the area around the player when created.
  • Is there an ongoing item or soul requirement to maintain the residence (ie rent)? for donors? non-donors? Yes. I have temporarily set all rent costs for 15s per day.
  • If there is a set-up cost, is there a take-down refund of any amount? Players are not refunded currently.
  • What protections does a residence offer? for PvP? for item security? Currently prevents the following: block break, block build, liquid use, fire place, door use. TnT raiding will (should) work. Chests will not be automatically locked.
  • Is it simple enough for a player to take down a residence and set one up elsewhere? Yes. Type /to destroy while standing in their Residence, or type /to destroy [ID # of their region], then just rebuild it wherever else.
Also, the residence will deactivate if the player is inactive for 4 weeks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, I often see people asking how to do this and what the commands are etc.

I will make a short tutorial showing you how to do this, I hope you like it and feel free to ask any questions.

What you will need:
-A wooden hoe.

Step1:
Decide how big your region is going to be. Dig it out, make it etc.
Then use your wooden hoe to select the corners of your region.
Left click on the TOP RIGHT corner.
Right click on the BOTTOM LEFT corner.

Step2:
After you made the selection with your hoe, type: /res select worldedit
If you want to see how much your regions is going to cost/how big it is type: /res select size

Step3:
After you have confirmed the size, all that is left is to create the region. To do this type: /res create [regionname]

How to add people to the region:

To add people to the region type:
/res pset [regionname] [playername] build true

To allow players top open chests, doors etc:
/res pset [regionname] [playername] use true

To remove a region type:
/res remove regionname

then type /res confirm

VIDEO SHOWING THIS:

link with all RES commands ala Kainzo: http://pastie.org/private/5qo2ptuspqjqjxsybvea
link to wiki page: http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Residences

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Hi guys, I often see people asking how to do this and what the commands are etc.

I will make a short tutorial showing you how to do this, I hope you like it and feel free to ask any questions.

What you will need:
-A wooden hoe.

Step1:
Decide how big your region is going to be. Dig it out, make it etc.
Then use your wooden hoe to select the corners of your region.
Left click on the TOP RIGHT corner.
Right click on the BOTTOM LEFT corner.

Step2:
After you made the selection with your hoe, type: /res select worldedit
If you want to see how much your regions is going to cost/how big it is type: /res select size

Step4:
After you have confirmed the size, all that is left is to create the region. To do this type: /res create [regionname]

How to add people to the region:

To add people to the region type:
/res pset regionname playername build true

TEMP: You will also have to type these commands if you want them to be able to open doors, acces chests, workbenches etc.

/res pset regionname playername furnace true

/res pset regionname playername chest true

/res pset regionname playername workbench true

/res pset regionname playername door true

To remove a region type:
/res remove regionname

then type /res confirm

VIDEO SHOWING THIS:

Good that somebody made this :) A lot of confused people because of the res wand not working.
Good job!

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Good that somebody made this :) A lot of confused people because of the res wand not working.
Good job!

Ye, I have a lot of people asking me this stuff. Thought a suggestion would be appreciated.

Also, can this be moved to the correct forum? The Tutorial thing.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Ye, I have a lot of people asking me this stuff. Thought a suggestion would be appreciated.

Also, can this be moved to the correct forum? The Tutorial thing.
Its not in my power to move forum posts, but i will happily tag somebody to do it for you ^^

@Xanipher - Your up! xd
can this be moved to the correct forum? The Tutorial thing.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@what777 Thanks for preparing this tutorial video and this guide thread. I'm pleased to see it matches with the wiki page on Personal Regions, which has lately been kept updated by @malikdanab (thank you too, Malik).

If you are able to edit your OP, I would appreciate it if you would refer to the wiki page too, as this educates players about where to find more information about Herocraft. Thank you.

I'll be linking your video into the wiki, if that's ok by you. As there are an increasing number of helpful videos around (@Ahrall's class spotlights, @Rida_ 's skills profiles), I'm wanting to see whether there is a single channel where these videos can be uploaded.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I've been playing with and learning about subregions. I'll be updating the wiki with this info shortly.

Also, cost rates for residences are being raised - @Kainzo posted info about this in chat. Will update this also in the wiki.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I've been playing with and learning about subregions. I'll be updating the wiki with this info shortly.

Also, cost rates for residences are being raised - @Kainzo posted info about this in chat. Will update this also in the wiki.

Yea, I never used those. I posted the link with all commands tho, http://pastie.org/private/5qo2ptuspqjqjxsybvea

I'll try and see about adding the subzones etc, but I kinda like this guide for the basics and people using the wiki for more advanced stuff etc.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
I made a RES of 14x14x14 and marked them. I did /res select size and it showed that all the selections xyz are 13 and it would cost 571.22 souls which is the cost for a 13x13x13 RES for a T3. Is this how its suppose to be or am I doing the marks wrong?

Edit: My selection size is 2,744 which is 14x14x14

Last edited:

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I made a RES of 14x14x14 and marked them. I did /res select size and it showed that all the selections xyz are 13 and it would cost 571.22 souls which is the cost for a 13x13x13 RES for a T3. Is this how its suppose to be or am I doing the marks wrong?
I suggest you bug report this, @whiteninja1970 I think I've seen people asking in Help about similar issues.