• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion TransmuteOre

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I think that the skill for alchemists:TransmuteOre should not have a cool-down or use up mana, because there is no real point in have these stats:
2min cd
25 mana

If we have all the things we need that we want to transmute why not be aloud to do it all at once and be done with it rather than having to come back to a pile of materials every 2 mins just to get one diamond(as an example). I think it should be changed to use 0 mana and have a cd of 5secs(at the maximum) this would be very helpful to Alchemists to compete with Enchanters and Smiths in selling valuable things earlier rather than later.

Keep in mind this is a just a suggestion and not a demand.

Thanks,

-Light

Algsa777

TNT
I understand your point, but if alchemist could make a ton of diamondd the second some throws alot of coal and lapis at them then diamonds wouldnt be that special. I think the reason why it has a cd and mana cost is so diamonds wouldnt be mass produced or maybe exploited.

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
I like this idea, but I can also see the fallback. Another idea would be maybe a CD of 10 seconds and a 25 Mana cost. Faster, but not OP.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I understand your point, but if alchemist could make a ton of diamondd the second some throws alot of coal and lapis at them then diamonds wouldnt be that special. I think the reason why it has a cd and mana cost is so diamonds wouldnt be mass produced or maybe exploited.

64 coal=1 diamond lvl 30

12 lapis blocks=1 diamond lvl 20

18 iron=1 gold lvl 40

Unless you have a ridiculous amount of items an alchemist is not going to be be making "a ton of diamondd the second some throw alot of coal and lapis at them"

Its not really an exploit or being (op) if you already have everything you need in the first place(which for alchemists pretty much means you already have the stuff). Saying that making lots of things at once from things you already have would be like saying mining for the resources in the first place it op...

TransmuteOre does not need a cd or mana use.

Its like saying using a cauldron should have a cd and mana use(which would be ridiculous to say. I mean its kind of the same as a cauldron, you already have everything you need and you just do it...done.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I've been an Alchemist both this map and last. I will say that I do think it needs the CD but it doesn't need a mana cost., there is actually no point that I can see that it would require mana since the CD is so long anyway. If there is enough complaints about the cooldown I could see it feasible for the CD to be dropped to 60 seconds rather than the 2 mins because even I think the 2 min cooldown is a bit much.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I've been an Alchemist both this map and last. I will say that I do think it needs the CD but it doesn't need a mana cost., there is actually no point that I can see that it would require mana since the CD is so long anyway. If there is enough complaints about the cooldown I could see it feasible for the CD to be dropped to 60 seconds rather than the 2 mins because even I think the 2 min cooldown is a bit much.
Why have a cd in the first place then? If the mana use is worthless what makes having a cd important for it?

Algsa777

TNT
Why have a cd in the first place then? If the mana use is worthless what makes having a cd important for it?
the CD and Mana cost make since lore wise. Since the CD is it takes time convert something and continuely doing it starts to affect the results and Mana is energy which is needed for the change to take place.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7

There needs to be some sort of wait between transmuting. Mana cost could handle this wait, or a cooldown can handle the wait. Doesn't make sense to me for both to be in place, but Alg brings up an interesting point with mana being used for lore purposes in that it takes energy to make this transmutation to happen.

Algsa777

TNT
There needs to be some sort of wait between transmuting. Mana cost could handle this wait, or a cooldown can handle the wait. Doesn't make sense to me for both to be in place, but Alg brings up an interesting point with mana being used for lore purposes in that it takes energy to make this transmutation to happen.
yeah they should probably which out the CD for a warm-up of 5-10 seconds

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
The reason cooldown can NOT be removed is because alchemists could raid a town, find their chests full of coal and a cauldron, and instantly leave with epic loots, while the town that actually was going to use that coal for something is left without a huge lump of materials.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
The reason cooldown can NOT be removed is because alchemists could raid a town, find their chests full of coal and a cauldron, and instantly leave with epic loots, while the town that actually was going to use that coal for something is left without a huge lump of materials.

I think he hit the nail on the head on why some sort of cooldown needs to exist.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
meh, i was an alchemist and transmuting even with the cooldown was handy as hell while mining. obviously its useless in town since you can't actually transmute often enough to really help anyone, but as a general skill if you use it while mining you'd come back with 3-5 extra diamonds and gold and that adds up pretty quick. as awesome as it would be to be able to transmute every 5 seconds, it would definitely make diamonds worth less and make town upgrades too easy

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
meh, i was an alchemist and transmuting even with the cooldown was handy as hell while mining. obviously its useless in town since you can't actually transmute often enough to really help anyone, but as a general skill if you use it while mining you'd come back with 3-5 extra diamonds and gold and that adds up pretty quick. as awesome as it would be to be able to transmute every 5 seconds, it would definitely make diamonds worth less and make town upgrades too easy
Saying that it would make diamonds worth less, and upgrades too easy to get implies that the TransmuteOre gives you a ridiculous amount of diamonds...which it doesn't.

If I had 4 stacks of 64 lapis blocks(quite a lot of lapis) do you know how many diamonds I would get?

Around 21 diamonds which is not even close to making townupgrades easy(only 2 diamond blocks)

Or here another example

If I had an entire chest filled with pure 64 stacks of coal I would only get 27 diamonds(3 diamond blocks) which for town upgrades is not even a bite at the real number....

64 coal=1 diamond lvl 30

12 lapis blocks=1 diamond lvl 20

18 iron=1 gold lvl 40

Unless you have a ridiculous amount of items an alchemist is not going to be be making "a ton of diamondd the second some throw alot of coal and lapis at them"

Its not really an exploit or being (op) if you already have everything you need in the first place(which for alchemists pretty much means you already have the stuff). Saying that making lots of things at once from things you already have would be like saying mining for the resources in the first place it op...

TransmuteOre does not need a cd or mana use.

Its like saying using a cauldron should have a cd and mana use(which would be ridiculous to say. I mean its kind of the same as a cauldron, you already have everything you need and you just do it...done.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
how many diamond blocks do you need for town upgrades? the point is, if you knew you could transmute instantly with no cool down, then everyone would just mine for coal all the time. lapis is worthless no matter how you look at it, but coal is plentiful and im sure if you spent a day getting coal from everyone in your town and transmuting it all right away, you would probably get enough diamond blocks pretty quickly. I just think that considering how much I liked transmute ore in its curent form, if it were adjusted to be like you described, it would be too good and I'd probably consider switching back to alchemist

maxmaxm

Wood
It requires 300 diamond blocks for the large town upgrade. Not sure about the others, but this would require 2700 stacks of coal. This is a ridiculous amount considering there is anywhere from 8-32 coal in a vein.