• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Trade District Shops

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So, a lot of people are pissed and want to buy a shop, but when you go searching for one, most of them are purchased already and quite a lot of them are EMPTY without a chest shop. I understand the whole 'I'm renting it out", but shouldn't you have gotten the message that nobody wants to rent a shop from you after you have been trying to for nearly a month if not more?

I suggest that once you buy a shop that you have 3 days or so to get a few(meaning more than one) chestshop in there so people aren't sitting on a shop for months and not even using them otherwise the shop is put back on sale. Yeah, there is the whole weekly rent thing but most of these guys who have an empty shop wait till the last second to renew it.
I honestly think we need a larger area or even an area wing of spawn to be "shops" heh

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
@Yavool only problem i see with this someone can just setup a single redstone shop and keep the for lease/sale posted.

This is true... however it is still better that the present situation. It also requires that the person actually has the ability to put in a single redstone shop.... The way I see it, if they show *some* form of use of the shop, and they continue to pay the rent on it, then all is fine and well.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I honestly think we need a larger area or even an area wing of spawn to be "shops" heh

Maybe eventually, but for now, the issue of people squatting on trade shops without actually using them is the key issue. Even if a larger or a second TD area was opened up, the shops in those areas should still be required to be used in a productive manner. Ending squatting and secondary sales of ideally-located shops by people who just happened to have good initial timing when the shop was set up is the goal, and in doing so, this would alleviate the absence of a larger TD by allowing more shops to be available to those who will actually use them.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
For the whole wilderness being open for shops post, that is true, however, there isn't much foot traffic to my experience going on anymore on the spawn borders and when there is people ignore the shops. There is The Merchant's Market somewhere -100, 453. When people want to buy something they need, the first place they will go is the trade district and not on the spawn borders which is why people want trade district shops. Plus there is the pvp area that comes into play.

darkbalde2040

Legacy Supporter 7
For the whole wilderness being open for shops post, that is true, however, there isn't much foot traffic to my experience going on anymore on the spawn borders and when there is people ignore the shops. There is The Merchant's Market somewhere -100, 453. When people want to buy something they need, the first place they will go is the trade district and not on the spawn borders which is why people want trade district shops. Plus there is the pvp area that comes into play.

that is true you could have a less rep merchant wait for someone to buy someting form there shop (outside of spawn borders) and kill them take the stuff back and put it back in the shop chest.

Babibab

Legacy Supporter 4
When people want to buy something they need, the first place they will go is the trade district and not on the spawn borders which is why people want trade district shops. Plus there is the pvp area that comes into play.

This is true, but it's not engraved in stone.

It's why I encouraged more competitivity in prices, if new merchants undercut the pricing of the TD, ( they pay no lease, no the prices can be a little lower) then the TD becomes obsolete, and people stop going to it if they have a close, cheaper alternative.

Actually, all this might seem like a long shot but it's really to only way to get cheaper stuff, and end yavool's and askmax's reign of monopoly >:D

It's really a classic economical scenario. The true problem lies in how to get your Outside spawn shop known and visited.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I would love to also just go with expanding the trade district. There still seems like there is plenty of space in spawn for building.

I also think having the exchange within the trade district sort of ruined money making in the trade district. The only shops people want are the ones near the exchange that people walk by and ones nearest to the center of spawn. I've seen multiple shops open for rent that nobody wants because nobody walks there.

Last edited:

Babibab

Legacy Supporter 4
I would love to also just go with expanding the trade district. There still seems like there is plenty of space in spawn for building.

I also think having the exchange within the trade district sort of ruined money making in the trade district. The only shops people want are the ones near the exchange that people walk by and ones nearest to the center of spawn. I've seen multiple shops open for rent that nobody wants because nobody walks there.

I'm no merchant, but i'm pretty sure I heard Kainzo say that merchants could make soul exchange chest shops anywhere, so the exchange really isn't the only place oyu can trade them in. Might be wrong, but i'm pretty sure...