• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Track Reagent and Cooldown

TheSojourner

Legacy Supporter 8
I've noticed that Track now needs 1 sapling as a reagent. This is reasonable, but I don't think simply adding a reagent makes it balanced.

Before: No reagent. 120 second cool down.

After: 1 sapling reagent. 120 second cool down.

I thought the long cool down is what made it balanced without a reagent. Now that it does have a reagent, I don't think it deserves the same cool down.

Suggestion: Keep the 1 sapling reagent but reduce the cool down to 60 seconds.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
He mentioned making the reagent a compass too.

llamasx3

Legacy Supporter 6
I know. :( I'm ok with a sapling, but a compass is kinda ridiculous.

Who said it was?
If they change the reagent to something more difficult to get (Such as a map) then I'd be all for the cd reduction. But a cd reduction because they added a sapling into the mix? nope.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't like the idea of having a regeant for track. I have never really been tracked down by a ranger. What balances it is its cooldown and that it gives coords within 50 blocks. It is pretty hard to track someone because the target moves around alot.

Crimlake

Wood
It's very easy to find someone within 50 blocks .... especially if you track continuously and they don't know you're coming.

madpear

Legacy Supporter 5
Aww, someone got bullied by a ranger. :(
Who has two thumbs and is a Ranger and bullied Crimlake? This guy. I didn't even have time to say #UmbraUndefeated before he signed off. I guess this serves as notice: #umbraundefeated.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I've noticed that Track now needs 1 sapling as a reagent. This is reasonable, but I don't think simply adding a reagent makes it balanced.

Before: No reagent. 120 second cool down.

After: 1 sapling reagent. 120 second cool down.

I thought the long cool down is what made it balanced without a reagent. Now that it does have a reagent, I don't think it deserves the same cool down.

Suggestion: Keep the 1 sapling reagent but reduce the cool down to 60 seconds.
I agree on lowering the cooldown, the high cooldown was because of no reagent. We'll drop it to 30s.