• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Towny Permissions

Mikkumi

Gold
We've come to realize that when you toggle building and destroying off in a town, that only the mayor is able to build - council and second in command are unable to. This seems to me, to defeat one of the main purposes for giving a person these ranks. At the very least, second in command should be able to build when building and destroying is toggled off in a town.

My proposed suggestion is that council and second in command are able to build when build/destroy has been toggled off in a town. I believe a possible way to do this would be to add in the town assistant rank again, as they should be able to build once it has been toggled off - then ranks could be doubled up, second in command/town assistant, council/town assistant, etc.

This has posed an issue for us because we have some members in town who are unable to be trusted with build permissions anywhere except their plots, and our main builders are council rank.

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
We've come to realize that when you toggle building and destroying off in a town, that only the mayor is able to build - council and second in command are unable to. This seems to me, to defeat one of the main purposes for giving a person these ranks. At the very least, second in command should be able to build when building and destroying is toggled off in a town.

My proposed suggestion is that council and second in command are able to build when build/destroy has been toggled off in a town. I believe a possible way to do this would be to add in the town assistant rank again, as they should be able to build once it has been toggled off - then ranks could be doubled up, second in command/town assistant, council/town assistant, etc.

This has posed an issue for us because we have some members in town who are unable to be trusted with build permissions anywhere except their plots, and our main builders are council rank.
As the mayor of the town Mikkumi is second-in-command of, I second this suggestion. If there were a means to allow only certain players absolute build permissions across the entire town, it would make managing towns much easier for those who see it a challenge due to untrustworthy members.

Rihawk_

Legacy Supporter 4
Canadia! why else would I be so friendly?
Its a little tedious but can't you just set up plots everywhere and then give the specified players plot permissions? I believe plots are free to buy in that way. Alright I take that back, its very tedious, and maybe not worth it, but i think its theoretically possible :p

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
Its a little tedious but can't you just set up plots everywhere and then give the specified players plot permissions? I believe plots are free to buy in that way. Alright I take that back, its very tedious, and maybe not worth it, but i think its theoretically possible :p
The only way to give specified players permissions seems to be through resident friends. I have who I want to be able to enter our council house on my friends and have claimed the council house myself, but there are others I want different perms for that I don't want to be able to enter the house, if that makes sense. Theoretically, if I do it that way, I'll need different players to have different resident friends, but that's not something I should be asking of my townspeople to configure who they trust based on my motives.

Rihawk_

Legacy Supporter 4
Canadia! why else would I be so friendly?
The only way to give specified players permissions seems to be through resident friends. I have who I want to be able to enter our council house on my friends and have claimed the council house myself, but there are others I want different perms for that I don't want to be able to enter the house, if that makes sense. Theoretically, if I do it that way, I'll need different players to have different resident friends, but that's not something I should be asking of my townspeople to configure who they trust based on my motives.
Ahh i see, yeah i hadnt personally tried it, i just knew you could do something of the sort.