• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Townships] Town Titles for Town Officers

What do you think of allowing town owners to give town titles to officers of the town?

• Yes! This would be really neat and helpful.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Yeah I guess this would be cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't see the point.

• I hate this idea.

• I'm pretty sure this is simply impossible

• Total voters

Belisarius1991

Legacy Supporter 3
So I am big into organization and having clear lines of leadership. What I am wondering about is whether it is possible for Herocraft to institute some type of command which would enable town owners to set titles for people within their towns. For instance, the leader of a town may be the "King". So the owner could set his title as king. Perhaps he has a second in command. Then he could give that person the title "Prime Minister" or something similar. And so on down the line through the town. As far as I know, we don't have anything like that in Herocraft do we?

The question then is how would this play out in chat? Well I'm not sure. Perhaps allow for this to be a secondary prefix if that is possible? Or could it be made so that such prefixes only appear in a town's chat channel? ( <--I doubt this is at all possible)

Perhaps someone else has another idea. Or perhaps this is entirely impossible and/or out of the question. I realize that we can just say "This is the king" and be done with it in game, but it would be neat to have it appear on the chat screen so people would quickly know, "Oh this guy is a leader in his town". This would also establish a better leadership structure within towns, instead of simply having Owners and everyone else.

Maybe I'm just silly and way off base. What do other people think? Is this possible? Worth pursuing? Pointless?

spiralz

Obsidian
I like the idea, but I don't think it would be implemented into global chat channels (except maybe if you owned a Metropolis or somthing). The closest thing there is now for this is using Clans. Make a 'clan' for your town (which can just be used as a list of townies and keeping track of activity/inactivity), and set their Rank as whatever title you would want to give them. So you could set your 'rank' as King and SIC as Prime Minister or whatever you want and set your lowly town noobs as Peasants and it would be shown when looking up the player's info. I think this method is good enough to keep track of town hierarchy, but to be able to have titles within the town's private chat channel would be amazing.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Used to have them. Don't anymore. They were also supposed to be in the town chats that don't work afaik.