• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Townships] Stop Block trapping

Dalkor

Legacy Supporter 3
A Daring Enchilada said:
Adam said:
So you’re suggesting, make it illegal to block trap but still have it be legal to lag jump over a 10 block high wall? Somehow i get a feeling this only benefits raiders.

Really all you did was show arrogance and immaturity by disliking a piece of evidence which would imply that you are refuting it, or that you some how believe that it is wrong. Congrats.
10 Year olds can handle YouTube Dislikes better than you.

Oh I really, let me emphasize that a little, REALLY, don't care that it was disliked. That however does not change how immature you or your colleagues had to be to dislike a non-biased video meant only as proof.

Also, I never even implied that block lagging should be legal. I don't support it in any way, shape, or form other than that I use it from time to time to breach kingdom walls.

I got confirmation before i lava bucketed each and every time I did it.

Adam

Air
Also, I never even implied that block lagging should be legal. I don't support it in any way, shape, or form other than that I use it from time to time to breach kingdom walls.

So your the textbook definition of a hypocrite?

Harassing others and expecting them not to bite you in the ass?

Block lagging (Which is not illegal) is not the same as block trapping. I didn't pull a cheap maneuver that makes people quit for an extended period of time. This personal fight is over, your trap failed, doogler got my diamond sword and I /kill'd myself to escape. Have a nice day.

Adam

Air
Last time i checked, Exploiting IS against the rules. Now we know Doogler Exploits too, not surprised though. Funny thing with your group of friend is it seems you all seem to exploit.

3 Days gone for 3 minutes of work spent on trap, you do the math. Who actually wasted more time here?

Well, that may be new, but as long as I've done it, it has been fine, according to Brutal it's a douche move, but not illegal. Also, I'm here to get block trapping banned, not to have this stupid fight continue. Like I said, I have other things to do, I wasn't affected at all for those 3 days, I didn't even play minecraft in that time period because I have other things to do, unlike you apparently.

Dalkor

Legacy Supporter 3
A Daring Enchilada said:
Well, that may be new, but as long as I've done it, it has been fine, according to Brutal it's a douche move, but not illegal. Also, I'm here to get block trapping banned, not to have this stupid fight continue. Like I said, I have other things to do, I wasn't affected at all for those 3 days, I didn't even play minecraft in that time period because I have other things to do, unlike you apparently.

Well then it sounds like you wont mind doing some more things for the next few days.

Adam

Air
A Daring Enchilada said:

Goodluck.

AngryMochi

Glowing Redstone
Dear Mr. Brave Mexican Foodstuff,

You rival my culinary superiority, so we put you in the oven. You will never conquer me!

Love,
Angry Asian Foodstuff.

P.S. Since you were so distraught over your dislikes, I went ahead and liked the videos. And to be fair, I actually did like them--they gave me a good laugh. Cheers!

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
well, using region lag to pass a city wall is more than a pussy move, it's really freaking cheating for me, and cheating is against the rules.

(and please be assured that i never used region lag to get into a town, even if it could be a lot easier)

now, i must admit, using region lag to escape a 1*2*1 regioned hole is something in the very grey area, i would say:
-using region lag against others player: no, in any case, no (escaping a hunter with region lag IS against this player)
-using region lag to escape from a stupid area impossible to escape with nobody chasing you: mayyyyyyybe, depend
-using region lag to reach a totally stupid and dangerous area for fun, like the side of a wall at sanctum tower: yes

Adam

Air
carmeops said:
well, using region lag to pass a city wall is more than a pussy move, it's really freaking cheating for me, and cheating is against the rules.

(and please be assured that i never used region lag to get into a town, even if it could be a lot easier)

now, i must admit, using region lag to escape a 1*2*1 regioned hole is something in the very grey area, i would say:
-using region lag against others player: no, in any case, no (escaping a hunter with region lag IS against this player)
-using region lag to escape from a stupid area impossible to escape with nobody chasing you: mayyyyyyybe, depend
-using region lag to reach a totally stupid and dangerous area for fun, like the side of a wall at sanctum tower: yes

^Raider which doesn't exploite to breach city walls.

Afro7897

Legacy Supporter 5
its a game....relax, enjoy, don't be a douche. thats something i think most people here can agree on but not completely follow...

i have to admit enchilada your arguments as to why "block trapping" should be banned seem to be the fueled by no more than a fit of anger at first glance. to me thats more than enough to discredit any argument and yours didn't seem all that strong to begin with. towns have the right to defend themselves. if you think about it the end result whether they trap you with blocks or pour lava on you is all the same and sends you the same message to get the fuck out or get fucked. just be glad they didn't drag you to the dungeons and rape you.....

Look at it this way: They trap a person and they won't logon for days, that hurts the town they belong to, they can't log without dieing and they probably don't want to logon. If you die by lava it's done and irreversible. And I brought up a valid enough argument, especially compared to other things banned here. Take lava for example, you can no longer use lava in wilderness combat. What does that change at all? Absolutely nothing, it's not an unfair advantage, but it has been banned.

It would be even nicer if they put a ban on block climbing over regions, I'm only exploiting it because no admin has straight up told me that I can't do that. If one comes on and says I can't and it's against the rules, then fine, I won't do it anymore. But until then, I can continue to do it.

Ya, just got to wait till people start building so I can start stealing. Also, those node things, are they integrated yet, and how do they work?

Raolan

TNT
It's not region 'hacking', it's 'lagging over'

He never said hacking, he said abusing region lag. Which is illegal. Which is 'lagging over' as you put it.

I didn't log out to avoid an immediate threat, I logged out to avoid an imminent threat.

Synonyms. Look them up. You just said:

I didn't log out to avoid an immediate threat, I logged out to avoid an immediate threat.

:)

'Hardcore server'

Is that why you're bitching about dying over something so easy to avoid?

I don't care what you think about region lag.

So why should we give a fuck what you think about trapping people in towns?

Raolan said:
I didn't log out to avoid an immediate threat, I logged out to avoid an imminent threat.

Synonyms. Look them up. You just said:

I didn't log out to avoid an immediate threat, I logged out to avoid an immediate threat.

:)

Look up your synonyms buddy, imminent is ? to immediate.

immediate-happening right away, instantly, with no delay; Very close; direct or adjacent

imminent-about to happen, occur, or take place very soon, especially of something which won't last long

and the rule states "Intentionally abusing glitches or game mechanics to avoid PvP (Logging out for example)" is illegal, however, I was not in a PvP zone, nor was I in combat. I logged minutes before they made a trap. Had you been paying attention to the WHOLE thread, perhaps you would have actually caught these mistakes.

Raolan said:
It's not region 'hacking', it's 'lagging over'

He never said hacking, he said abusing region lag. Which is illegal. Which is 'lagging over' as you put it.

Oh really? you mean where he said:

"...and was region hacking over gate..."

Raolan said:

Oh, I see what you did there, only you can't quote me on that since I never said that, which I addressed in the post above.

RogueMind

Legacy Supporter 3
The only thing I hate about block trapping is when they block trap you, then issue the warnings to leave(when you physically can't) and refuse to actually let you leave. Its a dirty tactic alright, but its been bred into the mindset of defenders because on this server no one can trust any one. Even those who claim to be 'good' raid towns. Thus we must accept the tactic because there is so little respect, honor, or any thing of the such on this server.