• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Townships] Stop Block trapping

Basic suggestion, Happens a lot to me. Generic situation: I'm in a town, looking around, and some guy walks up and traps me in a corner with dirt or something i can't break through because of permissions. It's unfair, cheap, and the opposite of hardcore. If anything, its the best way to [profanity] pussy out of a fight and incredible irritating. With all the other stuff I have seen banned/unbanned I think this should have already have been banned due to its nature. It's exactly like prop-trapping in Gmod which is banned on every single legit server out there because it is considered an act of minging, so why not here?

That's the end of my rant, I hope you'll look into, and hopefully, ban this act.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
If you're wandering into a strange township - consider it the least they can do to tell you aren't welcome. Much like a robber would wonder into a city and then be thrown into jail.

BUT WAIT - YOU CAN GET OUT - you have /kill /cast recall or /cast gate.

unless you are carrying valuables that you don't want to lose from /kill, or don't have redstone on your person so you can't use /recall, or you don't have /gate as a spell. If it's a jail thing, then they should just make houses or building traps, not trapping people who are in the city, especially when they are afk, and then placing tons of lava around where they logged.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
if you are wandering in a strange township, with valuable, there is what you can... wait, what the hell were you doing with valuable in a town you don't know?

if you are wandering, exploring, or whatever: DON'T carry valuable with you! that's all!

i make my robberies almost always totally naked, cause you never know what sort of security/trap wait you in an unknow town
(and, btw, letting yourself trapped in a corner isn't really smart: just run without stopping until reaching outside, and don't disconnect, cause it's unfair for them)

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
1. Don't wander around in people's towns.
2. Don't carry valuables.
3. Don't AFK on herocraft. Seriously.

If you want to carry your stack of walking gold, don't wander through towns. If it were my town, you'd have came back to a respawn screen.

I'm not walking with gold, I'm walking with some food and a diamond sword, and im not to bent on losing that diamond sword, that's my valuable. Secondly, I personally never AFK on herocraft, But I've watched other people who had no intentions other than passing through that suddenly stop and people trap them, or kill them, just because they have good armor or because they can. Plus, if this is so hardcore, why allow such a non hardcore move? Whats hard core about trapping people? It's not even a clever maneuver, it's about as close to trolling as you can get.

gtastuntdude

Legacy Supporter 7
A Daring Enchilada said:
I'm not walking with gold, I'm walking with some food and a diamond sword, and im not to bent on losing that diamond sword, that's my valuable. Secondly, I personally never AFK on herocraft, But I've watched other people who had no intentions other than passing through that suddenly stop and people trap them, or kill them, just because they have good armor or because they can. Plus, if this is so hardcore, why allow such a non hardcore move? Whats hard core about trapping people? It's not even a clever maneuver, it's about as close to trolling as you can get.

Hardcore =/= Equality or consensual terms for a fight.

If you see someone with stuff you want, and they're in a place you can kill them, take the chance if it doesn't go against your alignment.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
A Daring Enchilada said:

see:
If you're wandering into a strange township - consider it the least they can do to tell you aren't welcome. Much like a robber would wonder into a city and then be thrown into jail.

In minecraft a person can't grab you by the collar and drag you out, and in many many cases, they cannot run you through with a sword, either. This is why dumping lava on intruders is permitted for towns.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I'm not sure what to make of this. Sure if you come in to a township, because of the mass amount of people who go around raiding towns, there is no chances taken in some towns to allow raiders wander free in townships. Sure it might be a douche move to let them build a dirt prison you say but to do that even would have to be pretty damn quick unless you did go afk. I mean this is minecraft, you don't get stuck in a corner unless there is fire and diamond swords waiting for you on the other side of the road. But the whining bit that saying towns shouldn't be able to do this means hat there was some sort of miscommunication.
To be honest, heres how i'd handle someone random in my town:
1)ask why they are here
if the response isn't good enough i ask to leave
2) ask to leave 2nd time
If person doesn't respond in kind
3) say that we will kill them if they don't leave
4) either lead them outside the ring and magically have 3 people pop out of the trees and pwn their ass or i'll just use lava buckets. If people don't know how to follow instructions on a land that they dont belong, they don't deserve to exit peacefully.

Dalkor

Legacy Supporter 3
We asked both you and Doogler to leave on several occasions. You were using region lag to get places you shouldn't (AKA over city walls) that's considered illegal. We made it clear that you were not welcome in our city at an earlier point and reiterated it this visit. And given the benefit of the doubt, we tried to open a dialog, but all you two did was mock and taunt us. You had plenty of time to leave and you didn't. Doogler died and you logged out to escape your inevitable fate, which if you haven't logged in yet, still awaits you. You only have yourself to blame. Don't come to the forums and whine please.

I hope these deaths will discourage you from traveling out here as often as you do trying to antagonize our citizens.

Adam

Air
Dalkor said:
We asked both you and Doogler to leave on several occasions. You were using region lag to get places you shouldn't (AKA over city walls) that's considered illegal. We made it clear that you were not welcome in our city at an earlier point and reiterated it this visit. And given the benefit of the doubt, we tried to open a dialog, but all you two did was mock and taunt us. You had plenty of time to leave and you didn't. Doogler died and you logged out to escape your inevitable fate, which if you haven't logged in yet, still awaits you. You only have yourself to blame. Don't come to the forums and whine please.

I hope these deaths will discourage you from traveling out here as often as you do trying to antagonize our citizens.

Speaking of which, The Enchilada Kitchen is still a cookin

Dalkor

Legacy Supporter 3
Adam said:
Dalkor said:

Speaking of which, The Enchilada Kitchen is still a cookin

20110425034715.png

DanVonTrap

Legacy Supporter 3
LMAO your a noob you or anyone that goes afk in a town that you are not welcome in deserve to be killed. Doogler and a few other members of his little group havnt got a clue logging off when they are being killed (which is not aloud) and you are the same another moaner when killed will bitch and complain deal with it.

Adam

Air
gabizou said:
I'm not sure what to make of this. Sure if you come in to a township, because of the mass amount of people who go around raiding towns, there is no chances taken in some towns to allow raiders wander free in townships. Sure it might be a douche move to let them build a dirt prison you say but to do that even would have to be pretty damn quick unless you did go afk.
I just want to note he wasn't AFK and was region hacking over gate and ran in to tower to activate gate switch for Doogler at which point we made the Enchilada Kitchen.

It's not region 'hacking', its lagging over, which I only did myself for fun, I walked in and out several times because Doogler had already opened the gate for me, secondly, I wasn't built around, I was cornered. I made a mistake of walking into a tower and was surrounded by blocks. It wasn't clever, it's the same as block lagging, so don't make me sound like the douche when, in reality, I'm the one can't login. And your enchilada kitchen, not to clever. It's more or less a sign of how proud you are over beating me one time, once, and that's it. Not to mention how many times I've slaughtered you, your mayor, and your SIC in combat.

Oh, and Dalkor, I still have evidence of you using a lava bucket on me when it was still only legal for the SIC or mayor, so I think I'll have my own revenge. I don't even have a screen shot, I have 2 videos showing me being lit up, and another showing you trying to light me up.

It's not region 'hacking', its lagging over, which I only did myself for fun, I walked in and out several times because Doogler had already opened the gate for me, secondly, I wasn't built around, I was cornered. I made a mistake of walking into a tower and was surrounded by blocks. It wasn't clever, it's the same as block lagging, so don't make me sound like the douche when, in reality, I'm the one can't login. And your enchilada kitchen, not to clever. It's more or less a sign of how proud you are over beating me one time, once, and that's it. Not to mention how many times I've slaughtered you, your mayor, and your SIC in combat.

Oh, and Dalkor, I still have evidence of you using a lava bucket on me when it was still only legal for the SIC or mayor, so I think I'll have my own revenge. I don't even have a screen shot, I have 2 videos showing me being lit up, and another showing you trying to light me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_SPTXdsKTY&feature=youtube_gdata

and then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwEbmzIgc4E&feature=youtube_gdata

Those are the Raw files, taken both on 04/19/11, far before lava was legal to all town residents.

Adam

Air
And your enchilada kitchen, not to clever. It's more or less a sign of how proud you are over beating me one time, once, and that's it. Not to mention how many times I've slaughtered you, your mayor, and your SIC in combat.
Did you really stop playing for 3 days because we locked you in there? You do realize Lion's Bay is one of the most relaxed towns? If you’re trying to make this a competition then i believe you've won. We have no blacklist. The only thing we'll gain is 1 diamond sword, is it really worth quitting for 3 days over? Or did you whitelist another character to hop on?
Rules you broke:
NO whining
avoiding PvE/PvP death by logging in/out

Adam said:
NO whining
avoiding PvE/PvP death by logging in/out

Hardly, I logged FAR before you put in the fire. I didn't log out to avoid an immediate threat, I logged out to avoid a imminent threat, one that hadn't occurred, and was not during combat so I didn't break that rule.. Plus, I don't only play minecraft, so quitting for 3 days doesn't bother me. Maybe once you remove that silly eyesore in your town I can come back, but until then, I'm off because of YOUR actions. Also, I'm not whining about be killed, because I haven't, I'm suggesting that this server prohibit block trapping for THIS exact reason. I'm not complaining or whining at all, I'm stating points, all of which are true, unless it's an opinion and not intended to be a factual statement. Your 'enchilada oven' is, by an extreme, more immature than me posting a new thread and logging for an extended period of time because of something your town did.

EDIT:
Also, I see you/a town member actually viewed that video. Good job voting down on it, because that is the most mature thing you could have done. Really all you did was show arrogance and immaturity by disliking a piece of evidence which would imply that you are refuting it, or that you some how believe that it is wrong. Congrats.

Adam

Air
So you’re suggesting, make it illegal to block trap but still have it be legal to lag jump over a 10 block high wall? Somehow i get a feeling this only benefits raiders.

Really all you did was show arrogance and immaturity by disliking a piece of evidence which would imply that you are refuting it, or that you some how believe that it is wrong. Congrats.
10 Year olds can handle YouTube Dislikes better than you.

Adam said:
So you’re suggesting, make it illegal to block trap but still have it be legal to lag jump over a 10 block high wall? Somehow i get a feeling this only benefits raiders.

Really all you did was show arrogance and immaturity by disliking a piece of evidence which would imply that you are refuting it, or that you some how believe that it is wrong. Congrats.
10 Year olds can handle YouTube Dislikes better than you.

Oh I really, let me emphasize that a little, REALLY, don't care that it was disliked. That however does not change how immature you or your colleagues had to be to dislike a non-biased video meant only as proof.

Also, I never even implied that block lagging should be legal. I don't support it in any way, shape, or form other than that I use it from time to time to breach kingdom walls.