• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Townships] Stop being so boring!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Want your players to remain active?

START SOMETHING FUN EVERY WEEK.

Here's a few suggestions.
  • Townhall Meetings - Discuss the going of you township!
  • Alliances - band together with other town to build something awesome!
  • Hunt other players to death!
  • Make a blockade (withi reason!) to harnass your awesome
  • Have building contests within your own town
  • Scavenger Hunts across the map or in other allied towns

Just a few things to keep citizens active and happy - I'm sure there are numerous others.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Yah this is a huge problem on Herocraft.

Not enough Towns are lively. They're just there, ya know?

Have a weekly meeting in your Towns to discuss the direction you're heading.

I remember when I first joined Neverast. We had meetings almost every week in our actual meeting room to discuss current events, how to improve things, etc. It was damn fun! We even had a meeting one time with another Town to discuss alliances.

Don't just say "We're allied with so and so." Get it together Towns!

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Have a Olympic where Everyone town choose a hero and we battle it out in different events.
Obstacle
Swimming
Target Practice!
Arena fighter.
spleef
Fort Wars
Who can mind the fastest of an area. (The JOHN HENRY challenge, Who can Dig to the other side of this Mount/obsidian wall)
Reverse Spleef? like that light racer thing in Tron.

I will be adding new ideas here or on a new thread
-You name it!

I think that this idea is awesome and the rest of you think ehh....
just don't coins, it's not that much of an incentive since the fisticuff had a low turnout I think.
Maybe a Chest of Gold. (sounds more pleasing, unless they ask for it)

You can add more to the arena for these things I think.

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
The turnouts are doing ok for the tourneys, holding strong with at least 8 people showing for the elimination with a bunch of spectators as well as a lot of people piling in for the FFA :p

I love that Olympic Tournament Idea though. If you don't want to start it xpeter1 would you let me run with it? or maybe we could work together?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Brutalacerate said:
Yah this is a huge problem on Herocraft.

Not enough Towns are lively. They're just there, ya know?

Have a weekly meeting in your Towns to discuss the direction you're heading.

I remember when I first joined Neverast. We had meetings almost every week in our actual meeting room to discuss current events, how to improve things, etc. It was damn fun! We even had a meeting one time with another Town to discuss alliances.

Don't just say "We're allied with so and so." Get it together Towns!

Well - it's not so much a Herocraft thing -its just a boredom thing.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Domitius said:
The turnouts are doing ok for the tourneys, holding strong with at least 8 people showing for the elimination with a bunch of spectators as well as a lot of people piling in for the FFA :p

I love that Olympic Tournament Idea though. If you don't want to start it xpeter1 would you let me run with it? or maybe we could work together?

Of course you can, this is an idea to help Herocraft grow as a community I am unable to evacuate such a large task but I am at the ready to help with the planning and build, I am sure this experience will be like a fellowship for those that attend since I only know a few people whenever I do /list.
I hope people keep supporting this Server and with unique and fun Ideas from what the Staff and supporters like yourself, Domitius. HeroCraft will be better cater to more players of a Hardcore server.

So run wild, tho the incentive should be rewarding, maybe something to do with the Herogates.
Well I know this much, the winner will get a rose! :)

Also the planning of events for this olympic should have the thoughts of skills from hero throw into it.

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
A city to city tourny would be fun, where we could have certain matches planned for specific city arenas. Then have the final couple of matches held in the DH arena. I could help start a division in Lights Hope.

Oh and I built a town hall, also built a kingdom hall. But no1 wants to get on for the meetings so it's really hard to plan mass events without killing myself while posting signs up.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I'm trying to get stuff done in KRS in general to solve the boredom thing but its hard when a job system can't be set up because only donors can sell to chest shops (heroes will change this of course). Otherwise i'm asking for citizens to submit something for the kingdom pylon contest for KRS, so far one other person has made an entry. Somehow I just feel like saying: "HEY mine me 10 stacks of iron and come back when you have that." or Build me a wall here. Build me this that that other.. Either way. Pylons are going to be set up soon and i'll get citizens to build them. that should be fun. Other than that, what else do you guys think would help with keeping people not bored of building, talking or stuff like that?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
oo i'll let everyone know then. Thank you Kain :D.

Shenorai

Banned
So who is interested enough in role-playing to throw together an Actor's Guild? Engaging people in an improvised storyline may liven things up a little.

Hell, we could even build a theater/opera house and hold plays that people can flock over to see. :D

RogueMind

Legacy Supporter 3
xpeterc1 said:
Have a Olympic where Everyone town choose a hero and we battle it out in different events.
Obstacle
Swimming
Target Practice!
Arena fighter.
spleef
Fort Wars
Who can mind the fastest of an area. (The JOHN HENRY challenge, Who can Dig to the other side of this Mount/obsidian wall)
Reverse Spleef? like that light racer thing in Tron.

I will be adding new ideas here or on a new thread
-You name it!

I think that this idea is awesome and the rest of you think ehh....
just don't coins, it's not that much of an incentive since the fisticuff had a low turnout I think.
Maybe a Chest of Gold. (sounds more pleasing, unless they ask for it)

You can add more to the arena for these things I think.
Ooh, you know what would really promote activity? If every two months towns got together and nominated Organizations/Towns who would host the Herocraft Olympics(similar to how nations host the real world olympics) and then vote who actually gets the position. That organization would be given two months to prepare any structures that they don't have yet for the various competitions. When ready Towns/Guilds will send people. This will create a ever shifting competition, keep people busy building, and allow people to challenge themselves on old competition grounds to train for the future competitions.

I can see a particularly genius designer making an arena where the floors are [Bridge] that are removed in order to reveal a obstacle course below. An obstacle course in which an operator has the ability to flood with lava and water using [gate] and redstone. This has the potential to be really lively and display a high level of ingenuity by the designers.

Whatever happens after my Guild's current construction projects are complete we'll have a Guild meeting to decide if we want to dedicate time and resources to aiding any one who takes on such a project(or alternatively start one). Of course I have a feeling that all my members will be interested in such a thing, but I don't want to agree to it until I've talked to them directly.

Punisher79

Support the Death Penalty
Legacy Supporter 5
I like the treasure hunt idea.

So im gonna think up something and throw it together.

I'll finance it, like the prize being a stack of Gold Ignots or something....

Anyone wanna play?