• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Townships: Revamped

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hey guys! Wanted to get your input here, read the document for a sec.

This document is a work in progress and I will be paying a developer to create it and we will release it as a premium plugin on spigot.

What would you like to see in the newly recoded version of Townships?

Townships Design Document.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Less of a linear upgrade system. More of a buy/choose what you need. Could be more space, graveyard, some kind of server shop, etc.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Less of a linear upgrade system. More of a buy/choose what you need. Could be more space, graveyard, some kind of server shop, etc.
We could have it so there are 5 ranks... and with the new rank you can acquire different upgrades or something...

The goal is to require town to town trading of specific biomes, so users will need refineries, harvesters and mines to capture biome-specific resources. Warring with those towns would halt production of the resources for X time unless the defending town sues for peace.

We could make it so the custom items gained and deposited into account could allow for specific type of upgrades, but that would be less of a town-leveling system and something more customization... I suppose.

JacobBurkey

Portal
Or you could try having simple towns again like there used to be. Not stockpile tons of stuff into the township plugin which doesn't really make having a town fun.

I like the idea of gathering materials and coins to upgrade, which gives a town a goal to have and actually makes people log in so they can reach that goal. But whatever the 'harvester' is, hopefully it wont just do all of that work for the town, which is another reason why towns don't need to be overloaded with stuff.

They should just be simple. Also the 'Politics'....just no. Just let towns be, people can create aliiances/enemies if they want. I understand you're trying to create more fun stuff for the server, but forcing things onto towns just doesn't make it fun.

Past Bastion I can't really say the towny changes have ever really been successful, it's just been way more complicated than it needs to.

Who knows, maybe this could work, i don't know everything. Just my opinion on towns. ^

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I think there are a few things I don't think should be part of the plugin
  • Jail- seems like a odd system, they have died that is enough of a punishment, what if I new player dies and is sent there? How is that fair?
  • Graveyard- not 100% sure on this one either, seems like a big advantage spawning back at your town.

BoDuhal

TNT
dont realy like the harvester, Players need to do the work to gather supplies. make it to automated, once its set up no one needs to be on!
Same for the refinery.
BTW when do you anticipate the implement of the new township? will there be a total map/maps wipe?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Don't let it mass generate money like last time lol.
It wouldnt generate any actual income. The only income you could obtain is from taxing your citizens to pay for upgrades / server upkeep.
Or you could try having simple towns again like there used to be. Not stockpile tons of stuff into the township plugin which doesn't really make having a town fun.

I like the idea of gathering materials and coins to upgrade, which gives a town a goal to have and actually makes people log in so they can reach that goal. But whatever the 'harvester' is, hopefully it wont just do all of that work for the town, which is another reason why towns don't need to be overloaded with stuff.

They should just be simple. Also the 'Politics'....just no. Just let towns be, people can create aliiances/enemies if they want. I understand you're trying to create more fun stuff for the server, but forcing things onto towns just doesn't make it fun.

Past Bastion I can't really say the towny changes have ever really been successful, it's just been way more complicated than it needs to.

Who knows, maybe this could work, i don't know everything. Just my opinion on towns. ^
This system mirrors the old system we had. With a few additional addons that do/don't have to be implemented. This is also going to be a publicly downloaded plugin for money on spigot, so what we're going to be developing may not be entirely used on Herocraft.

dont realy like the harvester, Players need to do the work to gather supplies. make it to automated, once its set up no one needs to be on!
Same for the refinery.
BTW when do you anticipate the implement of the new township? will there be a total map/maps wipe?
The gathering addons would be only for town-upgrades and we could make it have a very slow gather time (and require someone to be online to gather).

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
I personally like the setup the way it is now, chunk by chunk. I would increase the amount a town can have in their coffers. Get rid of the jail, as it seems irrelevant. If you wanted to add production of some sort in addition to the current system, no prob, but let it be playable simply by paying coin upkeep instead of all the random production items. The chest in the center of the town is inconvenient and should be omitted. Again, keep what is presently used as the base, and then allow towns+ to build upon that if they have the manpower and gumption to do so.

-yav

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I personally like the setup the way it is now, chunk by chunk. I would increase the amount a town can have in their coffers. Get rid of the jail, as it seems irrelevant. If you wanted to add production of some sort in addition to the current system, no prob, but let it be playable simply by paying coin upkeep instead of all the random production items. The chest in the center of the town is inconvenient and should be omitted. Again, keep what is presently used as the base, and then allow towns+ to build upon that if they have the manpower and gumption to do so.

-yav
We are going to go chunk by chunk. We are also building in a personal region system so that players can have a chunk of protection of their own. I am up for ideas on how this will interface with the politics of the server.

I'm wanting to revamp townships so that it is also fluid and easily opt out of politics if your town wants to remain neutral or peaceful without spending too much money to do so.